I've unstalled high poly head but the changes won't undo.  Hair clipping and such is still apparent in racemenu and I'm assuming will cause that annoying hair glitch for NPCs.  I've tried to verify integrity of the files through steam (did nothing) and I uninstalled through steam and the then reinstalled... keeping my mods intact (using Vortex).  Still, high poly head is leaving its mark.  Any way I can set HPH's changes back to they way they were before I downloaded it?

7 hours ago, Jotasran said:

I've unstalled high poly head but the changes won't undo.  Hair clipping and such is still apparent in racemenu and I'm assuming will cause that annoying hair glitch for NPCs.  I've tried to verify integrity of the files through steam (did nothing) and I uninstalled through steam and the then reinstalled... keeping my mods intact (using Vortex).  Still, high poly head is leaving its mark.  Any way I can set HPH's changes back to they way they were before I downloaded it?

NPCs are different and probably have nothing to do with HPH directly. They use pre-generated faces so if NPCs are using HPH it means either:

1. You need to rebuild facegen meshes again (if you did it previously with HPH installed).
  2. You need to find and remove the NPC face replacer mod thats providing the facegen files.

As for (presumably) the player still using HPH:

Unfortunately I'm going to blame Vortex on this one. What I would do in your shoes is a sanity check on the actual Skyrim data directory. Since vortex uses hardlinks for installing mods, all files currently installed will be visible there (unlike what would happen with MO2). So, open the HPH archive in one window, then go through the data directory in another to make sure there are no remnants.

At this point you can disregard the options provided by fomod, just go through them all. Example:

High_Poly_Head_v1.4_(SE).zip\00 Base\High Poly Head.bsa -> Data\High Poly Head.bsa

High_Poly_Head_v1.4_(SE).zip\00 Base\High Poly Head.bsa -> Data\High Poly Head.esm

High_Poly_Head_v1.4_(SE).zip\01 Loose\meshes\KL\High Poly Head\femalehead.nif -> Data\meshes\KL\High Poly Head\femalehead.nif

While the structure is not guaranteed to be 1:1, this should be close enough.

Option #2 could be a more targeted approach:

1. Locate your RACE record.
    • [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Race \ 00013746 <NordRace>
  2. Locate the associated head part records (HDPT).
    •  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Head Part \ 0005140E <HairMaleNord10>
    •  [00] Skyrim.esm (7CAB85A9) \ Head Part \ 0005162F <MaleHeadNord>
  3. Write down the mesh names and paths (MODL).
    • Actors\Character\Character Assets\MaleHead.nif
  4. Inspect the mod(s) that provide all meshes you found.