Silent but Deadly

While sneaking around, after alot of backstabbing - I got annoyed with something once again.  Why is my PC yelling at the top of her lungs while doing a sneak power attack?  This mod removes the yelling during a power attack while sneaking, but leaves it as is otherwise.

I hunted around and found No Combat Screams for LE - which removes combat screams entirely.  That kinda touches on what I was looking for, so I downloaded it, and changed it.  Now there is yelling normally, but not when sneaking.  I also found provio allows use of his assets as long as credit is given: So credit to provio for this.  Thank you for saving me all the tedious work of finding the dialog that I wanted to change.

This does not require his mod - I simply used his as a guide and added a sneak condition.  Now you'll get SBDs while sneak attacking ;) 

Edit: I promise, no fart noises for those concerned - I want to reduce annoyance, not add them.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/07/2024
  • Category
  • Requires
    Base game
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by km4387
7 hours ago, elliesec said:

Not to detract from this mod (it's a great idea), but you might be interested to know that powerofthree's Tweaks has a "Silent Sneak Power Attacks" setting that you can enable in the INI which does pretty much this.

good one, also thanks for ur work on the Rtats and Ftats mods

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Orb23 said:

when i download it it says virus detected on the file

1 hour ago, Zelathi said:

Windows defender is also saying this has a virus for some reason.

I don't get the virus detected on the files I uploaded last night, but I do get it when downloading.  Might be something on Lovers Lab's end, I'm not sure at the moment.  I might just try to reupload, but want to do a more thorough scan of my own system first.

I also contacted the admins and asked them to take a look at the two files and see what they think.

Edited by km4387
1 hour ago, km4387 said:

I don't get the virus detected on the files I uploaded last night, but I do get it when downloading.  Might be something on Lovers Lab's end, I'm not sure at the moment.  I might just try to reupload, but want to do a more thorough scan of my own system first.

I also contacted the admins and asked them to take a look at the two files and see what they think.

when i right click in my browser (brave browser) on the download and click more information i can find this bit:

"Virus scan failed" or "Virus detected"

These errors mean that your virus scanning software might have blocked you from downloading a file.

• Check your virus-scanning software for details about why the file was blocked.
  • On Windows: Windows Attachment Manager could have removed the file you tried to download. To see what files you can download or why your file was blocked, check your Windows internet security settings.

so yeah maybe its a false flag but could you post a screenshot of the file structure? 

in principle i trust your downloads i have gotten a few of your other mods before but id rather be safe than sorry

Edited by Orb23
16 minutes ago, Orb23 said:

when i right click in my browser (brave browser) on the download and click more information i can find this bit:

"Virus scan failed" or "Virus detected"

These errors mean that your virus scanning software might have blocked you from downloading a file.

• Check your virus-scanning software for details about why the file was blocked.
  • On Windows: Windows Attachment Manager could have removed the file you tried to download. To see what files you can download or why your file was blocked, check your Windows internet security settings.

so yeah maybe its a false flag but could you post a screenshot of the file structure? 

in principle i trust your downloads i have gotten a few of your other mods before but id rather be safe than sorry

Thank you for that trust - and I'd rather not breech it.  I don't blame you for being cautious one bit.  The possibility of it being a false flag are slimmed by the fact that both files I uploaded last night are reported as having a trojan.

I'm not sure what structure you want, you can see my xEdit screenshot on the file download page, and this is in 7-zip - just contains an ESP.

I really don't know how Avast stacks up against other antivirus, but I downloaded that also, and it shows no problems.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 171650.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-08 171720.jpg

21 minutes ago, km4387 said:

Thank you for that trust - and I'd rather not breech it.  I don't blame you for being cautious one bit.  The possibility of it being a false flag are slimmed by the fact that both files I uploaded last night are reported as having a trojan.

I'm not sure what structure you want, you can see my xEdit screenshot on the file download page, and this is in 7-zip - just contains an ESP.

I really don't know how Avast stacks up against other antivirus, but I downloaded that also, and it shows no problems.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 171650.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-08 171720.jpg

thats all the file structure i mean hahaha, and try scanning it with windows defender since that what seemed to have flagged it for both of us

3 minutes ago, Orb23 said:

thats all the file structure i mean hahaha, and try scanning it with windows defender since that what seemed to have flagged it for both of us

I ran Windows Defender on the original files I uploaded, all clear.  But when I download them and scan them both, it flags SexistGuardsDontYapWhileSleeping-0.1.7z, but now not SilentButDeadly-0.1.7z.   A couple hours ago, it flagged both files on download, but this time it allowed me to download both files. I allowed it to quarantine the file.  I'm running a full scan with Defender right now.

4 minutes ago, km4387 said:

I repacked both mods into ZIP files instead of 7z, and scanning reports no issues for me.  Try downloading it again and see if it gets flagged.

ah yeah i kinda wonder if that was the issue, thanks, the .zip works fine now but the 7z for sexistguards one still shows the virus thing

2 minutes ago, Orb23 said:

ah yeah i kinda wonder if that was the issue, thanks, the .zip works fine now but the 7z for sexistguards one still shows the virus thing

Both mods have been reuploaded as ZIPs, if you're still getting the 7z, try closing and reopening your browser.  If that doesn't help, try clearing your browser cache.

10 minutes ago, km4387 said:

Both mods have been reuploaded as ZIPs, if you're still getting the 7z, try closing and reopening your browser.  If that doesn't help, try clearing your browser cache.

ah yeah that didi it, my bad man, thanks for fixing it!

Ï have to respect your method for selecting what you want to work on, we need more people who get upset at minor details that others would not notice! What other grievances do you have at the moment that you wish to mod away?

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Tenner said:

Ï have to respect your method for selecting what you want to work on, we need more people who get upset at minor details that others would not notice! What other grievances do you have at the moment that you wish to mod away?

Thank you, I do tend to rely on frustration and/or annoyance for inspiration.  Then I just bang on things with a hammer until they do what I want ;)  Sometimes on the backs of those hard working modders that came before me.  On the downside, I quickly lose interest once things are basically working enough for myself, and not keeping up with it for others.

I have a few - one current focus as food for thought for anyone concerned: I used to use SunHelm, and had everything working pretty seemless.  Recently I switched to FrostFall, RND, Campfire, SHO, and SotW for a more complete survival experience.  Alot of things are not as seemless as I'd like.  One thing I've fixed already is making "animal meat" from SHO, when cooked as "cooked meat", have the same effects as RND "charred meat".  I removed dog meat from wolves, kept the wolf meat.  I miss having hot foods and stews add survival warmth, so I'm SLOWLY looking into how to incorporate AE's CC hot food add a warmth effect, hunger, thirst, etc.  It'll be awhile until it's how I want it.  I'm aware there are a few patches for this already, but some rely on RND 2.0 (which hasn't been updated since '20 - the AIO that I use was updated in '23), or other mods I'm not using.  But much like SBD, I will be looking to those authors to see how things are done and for ideas what to incorporate.

I've also reverted the changes SotW made to compass map markers, cause they irritated me - and used the cheat global to keep my compass visible.  These are game mechanics I don't feel should be changed.

It won't be tomorrow or even next week, but I'm chipping away at it.

Tenner, I appreciate your consistent interest in my mods of late - I hope I can keep your interest.

Edited by km4387