[Mod][XCL] Prolonged Arousal Penalties

[XCL] Prolonged Arousal Penalties

Spending a long time at high arousal can make it harder to turn down sex.

Author: usagitriplesix

Prolonged Arousal Penalties

Being at 10 Arousal all day, every day, doesn't have much of an impact on your life? This mod aims to address that.

What it does:

• If you average 8+ arousal a day for 3+ days straight, you'll start to take penalties to your Willpower skill, making it harder to turn down propositions until you've cooled off for a while. 
  • The longer you go on in that state, the larger the penalty to your Willpower; your skill will start to degrade, too, so even when it's restored, it might not be back to what it was when the penalty first hit.
  • Breaking the cycle of arousal will give you a reprieve, but it will come back hard if you haven't kept your arousal low for long enough.

Future plans:

• This is part one of the mod, handling your ability to turn down requests for sex. The second part will target the orgasm control skill; the more desperate you are to get off, the less you'll be able to control yourself.

Special thanks:

Tabletopjoe and Apologetic on the XCL Discord have been great in helping me get this into a somewhat functional state!

EXPERIMENTAL FEATURE: I've added the file XCL Prolonged Arousal Penalties OC which adds an Orgasm Control skill penalty. This one is *really* untested, however, but any brave souls who want to try it out can let me know how it is.

Note: You will still need the main PAP file in order for the PAP-OC module to function!

• 3 weeks later...

The unstable OC version is certainly very unstable. In a sex encounter at home (caused by the Spike Fun mod event where a group claims you and forces you to be theirs while the pill lasts - but I suspect this might be a problem with any sex at home), I was unable to end the encounter. The guy zipped up his pants, and then an error displayed, and no further buttons existed to progress.

There isn't a temp variable named _around in this place

I tried going through the encounter multiple times in multiple different ways, but the same result each time.

Spoiler

Screenshot shows the very bottom of the page. Cannot scroll further down. Nothing was over on the right either, apart from the profile/face toggle.

image.png.b656a8f1527ef2ccb9c994eda262fa00.png

On 3/23/2024 at 1:16 PM, testry said:

The unstable OC version is certainly very unstable. In a sex encounter at home (caused by the Spike Fun mod event where a group claims you and forces you to be theirs while the pill lasts - but I suspect this might be a problem with any sex at home), I was unable to end the encounter. The guy zipped up his pants, and then an error displayed, and no further buttons existed to progress.

I tried going through the encounter multiple times in multiple different ways, but the same result each time.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot shows the very bottom of the page. Cannot scroll further down. Nothing was over on the right either, apart from the profile/face toggle.

image.png.b656a8f1527ef2ccb9c994eda262fa00.png

Yup. I just saw on Discord that I completely neglected to add the required [around] tags, so it's replacing passages that it's supposed to just be adding calculations to. I'll see if I can get an update out later in the day.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2024 at 2:38 AM, abdulah2 said:

Idk if it matters, but in the [advance_time_post] hook you're missing a $ before denial_penalty.

It probably does matter. Thanks for spotting it!

EDIT: It looks like that section is commented out, so it's not something that's actually firing--so no update required. Still, I appreciate you spotting it.

Edited by emes