(Likely by design) Archeron Defeat NPCs never recover on their own?

I'm new to Archeron. Played a bit with it, and noticed that defeated NPCs stay like that forever, unless i leave the area or heal them.

When looking at the MCM options for Archeron, i can indeed find no logical way for them to recover on their own. There's a recovery timer for the player, and option for followers to autorecover at the end of combat. But the only option for NPCs is to "recover when the player leaves the area".

I can see why players might want it that way for NPCs they or their followers defeated. But imagine this scenario: You play with a mod that puts wandering bandits into the gameworld. The bandit attacks a trader camp. You help defeat the bandit, but before you manage to do that, two traders go into defeat. And then they forever stay in defeat, unless you have a spell to heal them, or run 500 meters away so they unload and recover. Not exactly ideal? It gets even more hilarious if you go to sleep nearby, wake up 6 hours later, and the NPCs are still in defeat.

So, am i understanding correctly that's actually how Archeron works right now, or is there an option i'm missing?

Edited by libertyordeath