Update Skyrim without overwritting mod files?

sheloveme

hello guys i own skyrim for pc since some weeks....and after i failed often hard to create my own big skyrim world because i have no idea from making a load order..i had found i complete skyrim with mods..now my problem it is not up to date but i want to install the new skse..

if i update my game..i think for sure the modfiles will be overwriting..

anyone an idea how to update skyim without overwritte or replace any modfile?

and another question can anyone give me a link from patchfiles i dont have found any manual patch for skyrim....

i am for every answear greatfull...

SKSE is a mod, too, it's not a part of Vanilla (=Original) Skyrim. And nothing will be overwritten.

A basic explanation:

By default, Skyrim uses the files stored in its own .bsa archives which you can't change. Inside those archives, all the files are set in their file paths.

Mods mirror that file path outside of the archive. They add an .esp file (Elder Scrolls plugin) which contains the information for a new file path.

So instead of

Skyrim ---> Data ---> meshes.bsa (which contains /meshes/actors/file.nif),

the modded game uses

Skyrim ---> Data ---> meshes/actors/file.nif (with file.nif being changed by the mod)

so the bsa remains untouched.

So you can patch Skyrim while all the mods just sit there peacefully in their Data folder and wait till you're finished. :) Unless you delete the Data folder manually, no mods will be deleted.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived