Remove the romantic relationship requirement for the sleeping spooning animation

Does anybody know if a mod already exists that removes the requirement that the 2 sims sleeping together in a double bed be Romantic Interests or above in order to play the spooning animation? Preferably it would instead check whether they've had sex or not. Is such a mod even possible, or is the relationship requirement for that animation hardcoded? If such a mod doesn't already exists, but seems like something that is possible, then that might actually give me the incentive to start learning how to write mods.

23 minutes ago, Omicr0n said:

Does anybody know if a mod already exists that removes the requirement that the 2 sims sleeping together in a double bed be Romantic Interests or above in order to play the spooning animation? Preferably it would instead check whether they've had sex or not. Is such a mod even possible, or is the relationship requirement for that animation hardcoded? If such a mod doesn't already exists, but seems like something that is possible, then that might actually give me the incentive to start learning how to write mods.

BedSleep is actually a KW interaction but it is quite complex, I will investigate the mechanics and see what is possible.

2 minutes ago, Denton47 said:

BedSleep is actually a KW interaction but it is quite complex, I will investigate the mechanics and see what is possible.

That would be awesome if it could be incorporated into KW somehow. A better check I realized after posting would be if they're romantic OR if they've had sex, since it's entirely possible they're a couple that hasn't had sex yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 1:34 PM, Denton47 said:

On 2/20/2024 at 1:38 PM, Omicr0n said:

That would be awesome if it could be incorporated into KW somehow. A better check I realized after posting would be if they're romantic OR if they've had sex, since it's entirely possible they're a couple that hasn't had sex yet.

Ooh, this would be awesome! Another possibility for them spooning could be based on the attraction rating, e.g. if their attraction is over 100, they might spoon, whether they have been intimate or not (the subconscious desires, etc.).

I'm afraid the rules for standard BedSleep spooning are hardcoded into the game,

else if (!Actor.IsInRomanticRelationshipWith(simInOtherPart))
{
	ClearSpooningContext();
}

There is also "kinky spooning/sleeping" but this is quite different, this is activated by Arousal, Traits, DreamsAndPromises, Attraction Scoring etc.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Denton47 said:

I'm afraid the rules for standard BedSleep spooning are hardcoded into the game,

else if (!Actor.IsInRomanticRelationshipWith(simInOtherPart))
{
	ClearSpooningContext();
}

That's a shame, but I suspected that might be the case when I couldn't find any mods overriding it. Thanks for taking a look though.

6 hours ago, Denton47 said:

There is also "kinky spooning/sleeping" but this is quite different, this is activated by Arousal, Traits, DreamsAndPromises, Attraction Scoring etc.

Is this just where you can join an aroused sleeping sim, or where a blowjob can happen if both sims are aroused while sleeping? Or is it something else entirely?

Edited by Omicr0n
On 3/6/2024 at 1:50 AM, Omicr0n said:

Is this just where you can join an aroused sleeping sim, or where a blowjob can happen if both sims are aroused while sleeping? Or is it something else entirely?

The following KW animations can play,

a2a_bed_sleep_teasing_loop_1_x
a2a_bed_sleep_teasing_loop_1_y
a2a_bed_sleep_handjob_loop_1_x
a2a_bed_sleep_handjob_loop_1_y
a2a_bed_sleep_oraljob_loop_1_x
a2a_bed_sleep_oraljob_loop_1_y
a2a_bed_sleep_vaginal_loop_1_x
a2a_bed_sleep_vaginal_loop_1_y
a_bed_vaginal_sleepinggirl_01_loop_1_x
a_bed_vaginal_sleepinggirl_01_loop_1_y
a_bed_vaginal_sleepinggirl_01_rapedloop_1_y

They can trigger in many ways but your Sim need to be aroused, for example if you dream about WooHoo there is a chance to trigger an animation.

13 hours ago, Denton47 said:

The following KW animations can play,

a2a_bed_sleep_teasing_loop_1_x
a2a_bed_sleep_teasing_loop_1_y
a2a_bed_sleep_handjob_loop_1_x
a2a_bed_sleep_handjob_loop_1_y
a2a_bed_sleep_oraljob_loop_1_x
a2a_bed_sleep_oraljob_loop_1_y
a2a_bed_sleep_vaginal_loop_1_x
a2a_bed_sleep_vaginal_loop_1_y
a_bed_vaginal_sleepinggirl_01_loop_1_x
a_bed_vaginal_sleepinggirl_01_loop_1_y
a_bed_vaginal_sleepinggirl_01_rapedloop_1_y

They can trigger in many ways but your Sim need to be aroused, for example if you dream about WooHoo there is a chance to trigger an animation.

When my sims get the "too horny to sleep" notification, I only ever see one of them give a blowjob to the other, even if both of them are female. One will mime giving a blowjob to a penis on the other, without even the strap on appearing, and then they will both go back to sleep. Because of that, I actually actively dislike the interaction. Well, that, and the fact that something in my game causes nraas relativity to switch to fast mode when everyone on the lot is asleep, and this interaction stays in fast mode, so it is usually done and over before I even knew it happened.

11 hours ago, FreakyRufus said:

When my sims get the "too horny to sleep" notification, I only ever see one of them give a blowjob to the other, even if both of them are female. One will mime giving a blowjob to a penis on the other, without even the strap on appearing, and then they will both go back to sleep. Because of that, I actually actively dislike the interaction. Well, that, and the fact that something in my game causes nraas relativity to switch to fast mode when everyone on the lot is asleep, and this interaction stays in fast mode, so it is usually done and over before I even knew it happened.

KWBedSleep actually has Strapon WooHoo, I will take a look at this in the next build.

12 hours ago, Denton47 said:

KWBedSleep actually has Strapon WooHoo, I will take a look at this in the next build.

Thanks! Now that I think of it, if I have a female sim click on a sleeping female and woohoo them while they sleep, they also never actually wear the strap on, they just do the animation as if they were.