[Mod][XCL] Quivering Orgasms Rework [0.19]

[XCL] Quivering Orgasms Rework [0.19]

About

This mod adds the "Quivering Orgasm" event. This event causes a female player-character to lose control of her body as she shakes and moans violently. Men find this experience extremely arousing, increasing their pleasure and satisfaction, but some may take advantage of her helplessness. During a quivering orgasm it's possible to get a side effect that, once obtained, doubles the chance of experiencing another quivering orgasm.

The original idea was by Heck Tate and his implementation can be found here. I chose to take it over because of several bugs I found in his version and wasn't able to reach him.

How to get a quivering orgasm?

The short answer:

the more relaxed your charcter is, the more likely you are to experience it.

The long answer:

Spoiler

Quivering Orgasms work based on your mood.

The mod reacts to both, the mood you had before the intimacy and the mood the current intimacy would cause.

A character who keeps the mood "fucked silly" active all the time will experience quivering orgasms all the time while "sexually frustrated" almost never triggers it. But even if the chances are low, they're never 0.

The very long answer with formulas and examples:

Spoiler

The mod takes multiple values from the character and the current intimacy: the mood, the amount of orgasms and the effective intellect of the character.
The intellect times 4 is the base-resistance to the quivering orgasm. With an intellect of 1, the base chance results in 1/4 or 25%. With an intellect of 5 the base chance is 1/20 or 5%, and with an intellect of 10 it's 1/40 or 2.5%.
The characters mood changes this base chance. A sexually frustrated character's chance is cut in half (intellect 1, sexually frustrated, 1/8 or 12.5%), while "well-fucked" multiplies the chance by 2 (intellect 1 results in 1/2 or 50%) and "fucked silly" multiplies the chance by 4 (so intellect 1 would have a chance of 100%). And as stated in the description, having the side effect doubles the chance, too.
This is influenced by the amount of orgasms that already happened during the encounter with pretty much the same values, so if your character was already fucked silly and experiences her third orgasm during this encounter her chances to get a quivering orgasm are multiplied by 8 (or, with the side effect, by 16). That way even a high intellect doesn't protect from experiencing quivering orgasms.
But without any previous orgasms during the current encounter (so the encounter would end with being sexually frustrated) the chance is cut in half as well. Therefore even an intellect 1-character would need the side effect to reach a chance of 100% for the first orgasm to be a quivering orgasm.

Compatibility

There are no known incompatibilities with mods. The mod is pretty basic and should work with everything.

Since the mod works based on your characters mood, I added code to get it compatible with the modified mood conditions introduced by Badrabbits female orgasm mod (note: this mod significantly reduces the chances for a quivering orgasm)

older versions

last mod-version tested with xcl 0.18b: 0.3.0

if you found an incompatibility with an older version please let me know so I can update the mods required version.

Installation

there's nothing special about this Mod. Just add it using the mod loader as you would with most other mods.

Known Issues

No bugs known

Contact

If you found a bug, have a suggestion or any other reason to talk to me, feel free to ping me on the official x-change.life discord server (my nick there is SaNe-Writing, just like here). Other options are the button "Get Support" on the right of the release-page or the issue tracker in the git-repo of this mod, but keep in mind that I'm not checking them if I'm not working on something.

Plans

A few of Heck Tates original ideas are already implemented in this version.

Some still missing features found their way onto my own ToDo-list which is as follows:

• Allow side effect to be given as temporary effect from New-U transformation
  • Create even more text options
  • Implementation of a willpower check for the player character to determine whether you completely lose yourself in the moment or can still communicate to NPC where you want them to cum
  • add a pill to drug someone with the side effect

Getting an error on starting a new game. Used the version you just uploaded 37 minutes ago on 0.19, today's hotfix.

The (if:) macro's 1st value is the number 0, but should be a boolean.
If you gave a number, you may instead want to check that the number is not 0. If you gave a string, you may instead want to check that the string is not "".

If I click "Add/Remove Quivering Orgasms Side Effect", I get a bunch more errors.

I can't find a ('side effects') data name in a datamap (with "gender", "real gender", "typical reluctance",  and 36 other datanames)
Its names include: gender, real gender, typical reluctance, id, race, breasts, butt, hair, body type, height, weight kg, weight lb, height cm, height text, bra, eyes, alcohol consumed, alcohol status, alcohol tolerance, male name, archetype, status, charm buff, fitness buff, intellect buff, arousal, money, masculinity, birth control, temp pill, reluctance, intellect, fitness, charm, effective charm, identity, female name, effective fitness and name.
I can't find a ('side effects') data name in a datamap (with "gender", "real gender", "typical reluctance", and 36 other datanames)
Its names include: gender, real gender, typical reluctance, id, race, breasts, butt, hair, body type, height, weight kg, weight lb, height cm, height text, bra, eyes, alcohol consumed, alcohol status, alcohol tolerance, male name, archetype, status, charm buff, fitness buff, intellect buff, arousal, money, masculinity, birth control, temp pill, reluctance, intellect, fitness, charm, effective charm, identity, female name, effective fitness and name.
There's nothing before this to do (else:) with.
I tried to use a macro, but its call wasn't written correctly.
I can't find a ('side effects') data name in a datamap (with "gender", "real gender", "typical reluctance", and 36 other datanames)

I have a couple other mods, but I also tried with a clean mod list, only Quivering Orgasms.

in theory a single day should be enough. I'm just curious about the button appearing. it's actually part of a debug mode I added to the mod, and that debug mode should be disabled in the version I uploaded. I'll just remove it I guess, it's not needed any more.

To get a quivering orgasm aim for as many orgasms as possible in a single encounter, and the best way to get the side effect is by staying fucked silly (as in: get at least once per day 3 orgasms in a single encounter or how many you might need if you're using BadRabbits female orgasm mod), if you get a quivering orgasm while already "fucked silly" the chance to get the side effect is 50 % 🙂

since I now removed my button to add and remove the side effect I suggest using the mod side effect manager from here since it adds the very same functionality but for all side effects the game currently knows.

I didn't test that mod on 0.19 yet, but since it doesn't change any game mechanics I'd be surprised if there are any problems.

Sorry about the long silence! Been down with a cold. I've finally been able to play a little more and can confirm that quivering orgasms work, as well as gaining the side effect. Only thing I haven't been able to test yet is the actual function of the side effect.

well, the actual function of the side effect, as described in the "very long answer with formulas and examples" which was added with version 0.3.0, is to double the chance of a quivering orgasm. it's not exactly easy to test because you could be on 100% chance in some situations, but it's possible that you're actually on 50% and just roll to get quivering orgasms in that moment.

The only thing that needs testing since 0.3.0 is the combination with breeder pills. I don't really like those so I don't usually use them 🙂

Something I changed for myself but I thought I'd share here; I added a bit of randomness to the male side of things, adding a random chance that even the "gentleman" will go for a creampie (in a she's clamping down so hard it's impossible to hold back or pull out in time kind of fashion, even the best intentioned partner can get overwhelmed by pleasure or a good leglock... also added a bonus random effect for the non-gentlemen out there at a slightly higher chance for the same reason:

Spoiler

(unless:$npc's tags contains "gentleman")[
	(if:($npc's tags contains "chad") or (($npc's "dominance" - $his_satisfaction) > 0) or (($npc's personality - (random:0,2) < 5) and $his_satisfaction < 10) or ((random:1,3) is 1))[
		(set:$his_choice to "creampie")
	]
](else-if:(random:1,5) is 1)[
	(set:$his_choice to "creampie")
]

(unless:$npc's tags contains "gentleman" and (random:1,5) > 1)

coding advice: never repeat yourself 🙂

To be honest, I was thinking about doing something like that but linked to some positions, for example: position is missionary and (random:1,4) > 1: Dude, forget it, her legs will keep you exactly there (the random 1 to 4 being bigger than 1 leaves a chance of 25% that he can get away from her; maybe that value is too high but it's enough to demonstrate my idea)

On 2/27/2024 at 1:31 AM, SaNe-Writing said:

coding advice: never repeat yourself 🙂

Appreciated, I'm fairly ok at reading code and finding errors, writing code... novice at best...

To be honest, I was thinking about doing something like that but linked to some positions, for example: position is missionary and (random:1,4) > 1: Dude, forget it, her legs will keep you exactly there (the random 1 to 4 being bigger than 1 leaves a chance of 25% that he can get away from her; maybe that value is too high but it's enough to demonstrate my idea)

Yeah, I've been thinking of something like this too, but I'm not familiar enough with the internals to piece it together.

Good luck getting away if she's on top actively pulling herself further down as her brain melts, for instance (that'd be a 1 in 8 chance to escape for instance ...)

Edited by Shadowkeeper256
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got a bug seemingly caused by this mod when masturbating (specifically, in the shower at work). Two of the messages are obviously because there's no cock present. Not clear what the other two are from.

But also, this happened the first orgasm that day, and the first one in that transformation. I thought this mod was supposed to make it take 3 times before that happened? Or am I confusing something?

Spoiler

image.png.a849ccf9e13fddc1dc830823252d4488.png

On 3/21/2024 at 7:22 AM, testry said:

I thought this mod was supposed to make it take 3 times before that happened? Or am I confusing something?

Well, yes, you have misunderstood something. There are extremely low chances to get a quivering orgasm whenever you orgasm (except the masturbation scene in the evening at home because it's not using the sex mechanic that's used everywhere else), but they're never 0. Funny thing about the side effect, it only has a small chance to be added too. So yeah, you might want to play the lottery there...

The value (3 times) you mentioned is from my description how to raise the chance for a quivering orgasm and how to get the status (for that you actually need to get fucked silly and have a quivering orgasm).

The messages about "cockrating" aren't caused by my mod. basically it tells you that it tried to read a datamap and, out of it, to read the cockrating (so all 4 error messages are from the fact that there is no cock in this scene). Did you try to contact the official xcl discord server? They have a channel for mod-bugs, chances are high that someone there can identify the mod that's causing that.

On 3/26/2024 at 1:52 PM, testry said:

Is there any chance that an update will enable removing this side-effect, via Mutatio essence?

Your question had an interesting timing. Since tuesday I'm thinking about a pretty similar idea. Similar but different. I'm currently updating my local installation to spend the weekend coding.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, mijhy said:

I believe this mod mistakes you for being on a breeder even if you are not and so displays text as such

So it said "You feel a familiar tingle that usually announces an upcoming quivering orgasm. But thanks to your Breeder Pill it doesn't happen, causing a strange feeling of emptyness in your body"?

That text should only show up if the variable $pill_taken equals "breeder" 😕

I don't know much about pregmod, it's complex and caused some trouble to me (I like it's side effects but I happened to have morning sickness/be pregnant on the first day after giving birth two times in a row) so I removed it from my installation.

You're basically the first one who ever saw the text I mentioned above (which you did I assume, it's the only text in my mod that mentions Breeder)... Will investigate that, but I'm busy this week. Maybe at the weekend I'll find some time to code again (or next week; I have an earlier shift then so my afternoons are free).

On 4/24/2024 at 7:56 AM, SaNe-Writing said:

So it said "You feel a familiar tingle that usually announces an upcoming quivering orgasm. But thanks to your Breeder Pill it doesn't happen, causing a strange feeling of emptyness in your body"?

That text should only show up if the variable $pill_taken equals "breeder" 😕

I don't know much about pregmod, it's complex and caused some trouble to me (I like it's side effects but I happened to have morning sickness/be pregnant on the first day after giving birth two times in a row) so I removed it from my installation.

You're basically the first one who ever saw the text I mentioned above (which you did I assume, it's the only text in my mod that mentions Breeder)... Will investigate that, but I'm busy this week. Maybe at the weekend I'll find some time to code again (or next week; I have an earlier shift then so my afternoons are free).

Ah, pretty sure I found the problem. Pregmod/SWP has a Nanobot side-effect called broodmother. Currently in sex_creampie passage it can have this effect:

(if:($pill_taken is "Breeder") or ($character's "side effects" contains "Broodmother"))[<div class='options'>(set:$orgasm_type to "breeder")

(display:"sex orgasm")(print:"")

I guess in my own files I might add a check to avoid this

(else-if:($orgasm_type is "breeder") and ($pill_taken is "Breeder"))

Edited by mijhy