tldr, using SGO4, corruption causes progressively more apparent breast veins. The problem is at early levels, these veins are hard to see. Unfortunately, the transparent film and outline of the glow part of the texture is extremely visible in dark settings. This also applies to other tats with similar glowing effects, such as womb tattoos from lewdmarks. Attached is a picture of the "clear film" and almost no color as well as one where, in order to show by an example, I drastically scaled up the tint and glow effects in racemenu. I guess it could be a racemenu issue but I dont think so. 

I have tried this fix:

"I think i found a fix

In SKEE64.ini i changed these 2 settings to these numbers, and after doing some tests the problem seems to be gone

Under [Overlays/Data] 

iAlphaFlags=4844 
iAlphaThreshold=128"

It did help a bit but the tattoo of the veins has the film while the glow film is gone. 

Other relevant info: Demoniac 8k texture for CBBE 3BA (could be unsupported resolution for slave tats I suppose but I'm not sure) 

SkyrimSE_iGXEKf92LD.png

SkyrimSE_3y74DmkU3d.png

I may be misunderstanding but that looks like the transparency issue that Racemenu has. It's most noticeable when under water but certain clothes will also hide tats/overlays, and sometimes only from certain viewing angles.

Do tats look bad now, after the change and have hard edges instead of looking smooth?

Did the tats look fine before when naked, and disappear when under water or wearing certain clothes or when looking at them from certain angles?

If so I recommend installing Modified Overlay Meshes from the Racemenu Nexus page and reverting the change you made. For me at least it is a better fix for that issue.

On 2/2/2024 at 6:44 PM, shrtjsrtj said:

I may be misunderstanding but that looks like the transparency issue that Racemenu has. It's most noticeable when under water but certain clothes will also hide tats/overlays, and sometimes only from certain viewing angles.

Do tats look bad now, after the change and have hard edges instead of looking smooth?

Did the tats look fine before when naked, and disappear when under water or wearing certain clothes or when looking at them from certain angles?

If so I recommend installing Modified Overlay Meshes from the Racemenu Nexus page and reverting the change you made. For me at least it is a better fix for that issue.

Your mod suggestion did the trick. Thanks a bunch for the help, feels good to have a fix under my belt. Now to figure out why every character is ugly and half of them have black heads lol