Bodyslide and Outfit Studio Clothing Conversions - Advanced?

So I put the question mark behind advanced, because I'm not sure if it really is, or it's just me complicating things.

I have noticed that some clothing sets come with their own body (as a part of the outfit)? Even when I batch build my custom body in bodyslide, the body reference? that the clothing set uses just kinda uses some of the sliders I used to make my custom body. It's close, but not quite right. More often than not the breasts are not quite the right size, and my character is missing her abs or something. What I am trying to do is completely replace the "reference" that the clothing set uses with my created custom body. I have been working at this for a few days, and have successfully managed one, but I can't repeat the process.

I'll load the outfit file located in the Data/Mesh folder, and replace the CBBE reference body with my TWB 3BBB reference body.

I then "conform all" sliders, load my preset, and set my preset as the base shape.

Then I'll use the outfit studio tools to improve the fit.

After that, I've been saving over the original file in the Data/Mesh folder in an attempt to replace the base body "outfit" that the clothes sit on.

Then I'll run a batch build in bodyslide to include morphs.

With this process, the outfit loads correctly in-game, and physics work, but I can't get the in-game looksmenu sliders to work on the clothing. I've got the wasteland eggspansion and rad morphing mods, and I would really like for them to be able to work on the modified outfits. The outfits did originally morph with my character, but didn't exactly match the morphs when nude.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you for your time!

The attached images kinda show the difference between a normal bodyslide batch build (pre-attempt) and the results of my successful custom body replacement. The outfits aren't the same, but the original  successful attempt .nif file has vanished.

Successful Attempt.png

Pre-Attempt Look.png

FIGURED IT OUT. Posting for others:

HOW TO for bodyslide
Add new project - pick clothing
Add new project - 3bbb body
delete CBBE reference
Conform all
Load new 3bbb reference
Conform all
Load preset
set base shape
Duplicate preset and save as TWB outfit - makes your body preset part of the outfit
Make outfit adjustments
Save project as:
Look up Output file name and Output Data path for "Save as" for original clothing file in outfit studio - copy those two to new save
Don't copy reference shape
Build with zeroed sliders

For fusion girl all you have to do is pick Fusiongirl body nude. Then the preset from the second list and do any sliding you want. I build the mody with morphs plus meshes/characterassets, then batch build with morphs and all the clothing is set for the body. If you use bodygen mod then you can get variety for the npc characters shapes. If you make them for Bodytalk be sure the erection slider is at 0 or you will get elephant wangs during aaf scenes.