Gravure Studio on Linux/Steam Deck - Unique mod dependencies?

Been trying to get the mod running on Steam Deck (which uses Linux). Got Autolink running fine and most of the mod seems to be working. The textures, Private Paradise scenes and all. But I can't seem to get it to see any of the outfits. The Autolink folder doesn't have any of the character folders, so I'm assuming this mod is using a different method which Linux doesn't like. My guess is it's related to the winmm.dll (dll files need tinkering on Linux), but any ideas on how to get it all working, or if it's just not possible?

Not sure I understood all your message.

Which outfits you can't see? From GS or other modded outfits?

The outfits included in GS are located under "mod" folder, and are loaded thru InkReshufle.

I haven't tried this, but I would say that If you want to add modded costumes to AutoLink, you just have to create the character's folders and place your outfit mods in it.

Edited by AyaneKunoichi

Sorry for being unclear, I'm talking about the Gravure Studio outfits. I tried adding outfits through the AutoLink folders and those work. I'm new to modding the game so I didn't know about InkReshuffle, but it sounds like that's what's not working for me, assuming I'm not missing anything from the GS instructions (which simply said to place the files in the game folder). In which case, I'd have to figure out how to make Linux work with it, if it's possible at all.

Yeah mate i run it on linux aswell, following the raw instructions didn't work for me to make the costumes visibile.

To use the costumes i had to go into the auto-link folders and make a folder named after each girl and dump all the outfits in there for them.

I've found on linux its difficult to get the full functionally of the mod, but moving the costumes to autolink at least you still get all the costumes and can access the scenes and use the reshade mod if you install it.

Thank you, that did the trick. Though like you said some parts of the mod don't work, it at least gets most of the content. On a sidenote, I had read that Reshade wouldn't work for Linux as it relies on DLLs, how did you manage to get that to work?

Ah awesome great to hear it worked for you,

If you use reshade mod i found the only change is that you can longer use some of the girls in the private paradise, namely mai, naotora and alpha 152 for some reason, probably due to the dll being changed im not too smart on these things.

But to get reshade installed i just moved all the gravure studio files into the dead or alive folder and then used WINE to run the rehsade installer exe from here: https://reshade.me/ and that did the trick for me. Just have to select the dead or alive exe directory as well as the gravure studio reshade preset files during installation. Not sure what tools you have access to on steam deck whether you can install and use wine to run the file or not

Don't know if this is useful to you but i have to run this in the advance launch options for the game in steam in order for it to run:

PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 PROTON_NO_FSYNC=1 WINEDLLOVERRIDES="dinput8,dx9=n,b" %command%

Sweet, thank you so much for all the help. Yeah, Steam Deck is basically a Linux computer, with a proper desktop mode and all, so it can use Wine. I had to set those launch options as well for the game to run.

Thanks again for taking the time.

• 1 month later...

i'm having the same problem except reshade and making folders in autolink don't work for me (unless i'm doing something wrong). if someone would be kind enough to write up a small guide on how to get all of this running on linux that would be perfect.

@zboonk Does the gravure studio functions work for you? Like the different scenes you can watch?

Drag and drop all the folders from the Gravure studio folder into a fresh install of DOA5LR

For autolink i think it should just work from drag and dropping the gravure studio folders into it, but if it aint try this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1790076910

That link has a link to a download of the AUTOLINK files.

Download and extract them them and chuck them into the DOA5LR folder.

You then just create folders within the AUTOLINK folder named after each girl in all caps.

Then you can go into the gravure studio folder called "mods" and take all the clothing files and put them into the AUTOLINK folder of each respective girl.

For example create a folder named "AYANE" in the AUTOLINK Folder

Go to the mods folder that came with Gravure studio, and copy all the files starting with AYANE and paste them into the AYANE folder that you just created in the Autolink folder

When you load up the game it should say Autolink by fallingcat in the corner

You can hopefully then select ayane in the character select in the game and move the 'details' option to select the modded costumes that you just added.

Then you can go do the same for the other girls.

For reshade:

To get reshade running download it from https://reshade.me

I just chucked that Reshadesetup.exe file into the DOALR folder

Run the file using wine.

During installation i think you'll need to select the DOALR game.exe file, as well as the flies in the "reshade-doahdm-presets" folder

Thats how i had to do it to get it to work on linux, I hope that helps.

That way you can get access to all the costumes as well as the reshade and scenes. Also the costumes and heads for the alternate girls added in the mod don't seem to work, (shandy sayuri and yukino)  ive also never been able to get the scenes for MAI to work while reshade is installed as there is some conflicts with a "dll" file or something on linux idk

Edited by Gvoux
  • 3 weeks later...

Had not luck running this mod:

- The Autolink costumes do not appear in the Private Island scenes. They do appear in VS mode as Accesories.

- The Gravure Overlay does not appear in game, it doesn't even start with the game, it must be started separately and doesn't detect the window of the game.

I don't know how you guys got it running but I wouId appreciate any kind of guide. I'm running Fedora 39 Kinoite.

@Robotta2 You have to equip/select the outfit in Vs mode then exit and go to the private paradise, then when you select the costume that the alternate costume was under they will wear the alternate costume.

The overlay mod is a new addition in this version 1.5, i dont think anyone has managed to get it running on linux unfortunately