Some slave NPCs (the number increases every day) have ahegao style tongues protruding from their chins.

I have no ahegao mods and no pose mods. Correction to the latter I have now added Baka Motion data pack but that was after I spent 3 days trying to solve the problem.

I did so as I picked up the FNIS error that it was missing. Adding it changed nothing.

I have reinstalled HDT-SMP and faster HDT-SMP(FSMP) several times, both together and separately but it makes no difference so I went back to FSMP alone.

Doing that did work once before but fails now.

Anyone know of another obvious cause & cure here?

It's not game breaking just off-putting and even Rigel Strong Arm now has it, and it fails to improve her err.. looks.

If this is an old topic, please keep the sarcasm to yourself.

Addendum: below is what I mean. Now, even "re-cloning slave" fails and it seems to happen IF my char "interacts" with the slave but not always

and no, she has no diseases ?

IMO it has to be related to the facial animation during SL "action" and appears to be a leftover from such as shown in the 2nd image taken during such action and well after the problem began.

I have added no new animations and apart from upgrading FSMP and have never seen any protruding tongue facial animation since I did a trial of an ahegao mod 2 years ago

(instantly removed as I thought it looked stupid and that was on a different PC anyway. Unclicking SL facial animations/expressions had no effect.

FYI she is the resurrected deceased swimmer "captive".

Addendum: I did not solve the problem nor did I find its cause but I managed to sidestep it. This slave was a real piece of work : refusing to follow & saying: "you can't tell me what to do" etc and all this with 100 sub respect and SLEN 4. So I decided to sell her via AYGAS. But as  I had invested quite some time on her I decided to duplicate her first and the copy did NOT have the problem. Once I sold her to Jonna the problem disappeared. I have not  clue about why or how. So I post this just in case someone else has the problem although going by the lack of replies I would guess it to be uncommon.

ScreenShot1546.pngimage.png.6c72b0d40ba528e2479eb569712da976.png

Edited by Will55
to show the problem.
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, traison said:
  1. Find one of the affected npcs.
  2. Open the console.
  3. Click on them.
  4. "inv"
  5. Your "tongue problem" is in the list that is printed. Marked as "worn".

Many thanks for that especially as, IIRC, that I read that some time ago when someone else had a similar problem but had totally forgotten it. It really seems so obvious now  : (

Any idea as to why it does occur as it IS new for me?

addendum: yes, the tongues (breeding like roaches) are there in the inventories BUT how the hell do I remove them?

Edited by Will55
9 hours ago, Will55 said:

Any idea as to why it does occur as it IS new for me?

Not familiar with any of these mods so without inspecting them I can't say. If you mean on a more technical level then I would guess that the tongue is added in an event handler for one of SL's events, such as: HookAnimationStart, HookOrgasmStart, HookAnimationEnd or HookStageStart. Why they're not removed seems more like a mod bug.

how the hell do I remove them?

Well, first you'd have to stop the mod that's adding them from adding more I suppose. Next you'd need something to clean existing NPCs. The sledgehammer approach would be to remove the mod entirely, and use resaver to remove any lingering script instances.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, traison said:

Well, first you'd have to stop the mod that's adding them from adding more I suppose. Next you'd need something to clean existing NPCs. The sledgehammer approach would be to remove the mod entirely, and use resaver to remove any lingering script instances.

Thank you for the reply. I have spent part of a week attempting to track down the mod responsible with the only clue being the id of the tongue but its esl prefix has no relationship to any mod that I can find. Oh well! Trial and much more Error to continue. Had to sack 2 more slaves as I just cannot stand the tongue rubbish: they were both highly trained house "comfort girls" whose idea of comfort seemed to be only with regards to each other and so that is how their tongues appeared and it seems to be ONLY confined to slaves. I am not game to go anywhere near the slave houses or the mines in case it becomes epidemic

Okay I went back to an older save: the Source of the tongues is SexLab which mans no sledgehammer is possible (been there before)..she is carrying 5 of each of the 10 tongues and all have 3 BAD EDIT IDs listed below while even 3BBB Body SMP has one BAD EDIT ID. So I have not a clue what to do here except spend a week dropping mods one by one. What do you do with BAD EDIT IDs? I have never seen that before.

So, I stripped her of everything removable and  tried RecycleActor and all it did was drop the tongue number to 5. I then removed the worn tongue via RemoveItem XXXXXXXX 1 and it worked but I still have not a clue as to WHY it has appeared and she is still carrying 49 " reserve tongues". So I RecycleActor again buy it stays at 49. *bangs head against wall*.  Well at least I can now remove the stupid "deleted" things. It only happens to slaves and no other NPCs.

Edited by Will55
4 hours ago, Will55 said:

the Source of the tongues is SexLab

Send me a link to the version you're using?

4 hours ago, Will55 said:

What do you do with BAD EDIT IDs?

No idea. I see these in practically every NPC's pockets whenever I "inv" someone. Never seemed to cause any issues however.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, traison said:

Send me a link to the version you're using?

Sexlab version 1.63 SE. I have the Beta9 but never used it as until two weeks ago I had no problems with it over 2 years, and as I like the sassy teens mod I did not use the new one.

I do NOT believe that the problem is due to SexLab  but that it is only the source of the tongues and that something else places them but what?

I just duplicated and enslaved Gabriella from the DB to keep her alive (leaving the duplicate to die in her place) and she had the tongue as soon as she stepped out of the sanctuary door. but inv showed no tongue but loads of "face items"????

It isn't game breaking but it certainly annoys.

Edited by Will55

Use this xEdit script to find he tongue item's source mod.

1. Save the script in xEdit's "Edit Scripts" directory.
  2. Edit the string on line 31 to match the name of a tongue as its displayed with the "inv" command. The name can be partial, but capitalization and punctuation (if any) has to be exact.
  3. Load your loadorder as-is in xEdit.
  4. Apply the script to any plugin.
  5. Matching items will be printed in the Messages tab.

Note that the script is very slow. Don't be surprisd if it runs for 10 minutes.

Spoiler

{
  Find by name
}
unit UserScript;

function Initialize: integer;
var
  i: integer;
  j: integer;
  f: IInterface;
  e: IInterface;
  sig: string;
begin
  // iterate over loaded plugins
  for i := 0 to Pred(FileCount) do begin
    f := FileByIndex(i);

for j := 0 to Pred(RecordCount(f)) do begin
        e := RecordByIndex(f, j);
        Search(e)
    end;
  end;
end;

procedure Search(e: IInterface);
var
    n: string;
begin
    n := DisplayName(e);

if pos('tongue', n) > 0 then
        AddMessage(GetFileName(e) + ' -> ' + IntToHex(GetLoadOrderFormID(e), ? + ' ' + n);
end;

end.

14 hours ago, traison said:

Use this xEdit script to find he tongue item's source mod.

1. Save the script in xEdit's "Edit Scripts" directory.
  2. Edit the string on line 31 to match the name of a tongue as its displayed with the "inv" command. The name can be partial, but capitalization and punctuation (if any) has to be exact.
  3. Load your loadorder as-is in xEdit.
  4. Apply the script to any plugin.
  5. Matching items will be printed in the Messages tab.

Note that the script is very slow. Don't be surprisd if it runs for 10 minutes.

Reveal hidden contents

{
  Find by name
}
unit UserScript;

function Initialize: integer;
var
  i: integer;
  j: integer;
  f: IInterface;
  e: IInterface;
  sig: string;
begin
  // iterate over loaded plugins
  for i := 0 to Pred(FileCount) do begin
    f := FileByIndex(i);

for j := 0 to Pred(RecordCount(f)) do begin
        e := RecordByIndex(f, j);
        Search(e)
    end;
  end;
end;

procedure Search(e: IInterface);
var
    n: string;
begin
    n := DisplayName(e);

AddMessage(GetFileName(e) + ' -> ' + IntToHex(GetLoadOrderFormID(e), ? + ' ' + n);
end;

end.

Many thanks! will do so as soon as I can clean up the non SSE PC problems that Micros*** have created for me with their last "update" , Probably take a few hours(as usual : (  ).

Okay while I am DL'ing  something to clean up the PC mess I had a look at it all and my digital moronicity showed (humble apologies : ( )

line 31 on Notepad is the 2nd last "end", so it cannot be on that line IMHO.

So then where does it go: My guesses are 1) replacing "DisplayName(e)" on line 27  or 2) "GetFileName(e)" on line 30. But WTH do I know?

I find my ignorance here to be cringeworthy but I cannot know everything I guess.

BTW via "inv" there are10 tongues do I do so for each one. or just the one worn? IMO the latter but....

Edited by Will55

This:

So, if your item name is "Tongue001" then change 'tongue' to 'Tongue'.

6 hours ago, Will55 said:

there are10 tongues do I do so for each one

If you suspect they are from different mods, yes.

Edit:

6 hours ago, Will55 said:

line 31 on Notepad is the 2nd last "end"

It seems copy-pasting adds some empty lines at the top. While pascal is one of the most annoying languages I've used, I doubt they matter when executing - just offsets the line number.

Edited by traison

I looked at the SexLab MCM again and found the "face item" ticked I have no idea if this has always been so or happened by accident in trying to fix a previous problem(IMO this seems likely).
So I unticked it but the tongues are still present but now renamed as "SexLabFaceItemn" with n 1>>10 + empty.
I went to the Bondage House and checked Gabriella. She is enslaved to keep her alive and had a "tongue" still. so I "inv" her and found near 60+ SexLabFaceItems which after ten minutes I totally removed as ALL were "worn", Then, I looked at the 2 comfort slaves and they both had only one worn item so I removed both and they are all tongue free,  so far.
I have the impression that the ticked Sexlab box has kicked this off when the slave sexually interacts with anyone but how and why I have no idea.
So now I will try your script as below and as there are now, no tongues in their inv, I will use instead "SexLabFaceItem1 to 10 + Empty"

e.g.,

if pos('SexLabFaceItem',n) > 0 then etc.
Is this correct?

Edited by Will55

Is this correct?

Yup

I looked at the SexLab MCM again and found the "face item" ticked

I'm running 163 BETA 9 as well and as far as I can see, neither the interface localization files nor the script seems to have any "face item" related things in it. Nor are there any tongue meshes for that matter. You have something that modifies SL's files. Still, my xEdit script would reveal which plugin adds the ARMO/ARMA records for the tongues - unless the mod that made the modification replaced SL's plugin in which case your only hope is the mesh file names that the ARMA records refer to.

Thank you for the reply but I need more spoon feeding if you do not mind *blushes*.

Below is the Sexlab ingame window or part thereof.ScreenShot553.png.0158d5bf30bb940984e18ff01de91ec8.png

WRT the SSEEdit script use:

Can I shift click all esps and set off the script or must I do them all one by one?

In addition, and this proves my total coding ignorance, just how do I make SSEEdit recognize the script as despite its presence in "scripts", both as a text file, then when I went to "new scripts" and added it there as a script file, but it never turned up in the list of available scripts to run????.

I am using 163 only but agree that the face item box seems new to me also. So, I looked at Sexlab in MO2 Information which showed only 2 files editing SL. One was Leito's animations which I ignored while the other was SexLab Utility Plus, which I only keep for the night vision perks and IMHO it could be the culprit so I will remove it and see.

UPDATE:

removing SexLab Utility Plus removed the "use face Items" box from the SL MCM and I hope ALL of the tongue problems. As I removed almost all of the latter, I will have to wait and see if it recurs and if it does not, I will post it as a bug on the SexLab Utility Plus page.

I would still like to know how to make that script functional although mostly as a "just in case" as well my own personal edification : )

If you do not reply then a hearty "thank you" for your help.

Edited by Will55
3 hours ago, Will55 said:

I would still like to know how to make that script functional although mostly as a "just in case" as well my own personal edification : )

Step one of my instruction was:

Save the script in xEdit's "Edit Scripts" directory.

So, locate where you installed xEdit. Inside it is the Edit Scripts directory.

3 hours ago, Will55 said:

Can I shift click all esps and set off the script or must I do them all one by one?

Script already does that for you. Where you apply the script is irrelevant in this case.

1 hour ago, traison said:

Step one of my instruction was:

So, locate where you installed xEdit. Inside it is the Edit Scripts directory.

I saved it on Notepad then made a new script  within the Edit scripts folder and it was called  UnitUser.txt but naturally it was not recognized so I then replaced "txt" with "pas" and it came up as a choice. But when I implemented it I received the message: "Error in remark".

It is not that important now I guess so don't waste your time further by replying as I am thankful enough already as the removal of SexLab Urility Plus solved another even more annoying problem.