Sims in werewolf form not elligible for autonomy?

Hey, quick question! I've got WW installed, and everything is working fine -- except that I noticed that sims in werewolf form weren't engaging in autonomous actions of any kind. Using the ww.test_sex_autonomy_sims command confirms this: they don't show up on the list of sims that can be selected for autonomy actions until they transform back to human, then they're available. Manually directed animations while they're transformed work just fine, the game has no problems seeing them for that: it's just when it's picking sims for autonomy. I made a fresh game just in case there was something wrong with my save, and it persists there.

So, is this the intended functionality, or should I start sorting through my other mods for a conflict?

It's been a couple days, so I went ahead and removed almost every mod from my game (blergh) except for Wicked Whims itself, and two of the animation packs. Then I started up a fresh game and tested it with a new werewolf sim.

To ensure that the issue wasn't WW deliberately excluding werewolves that were out of control -- which would make sense, you don't want the fuzzy deathmachine to stop mid-rampage and start going all Casanova -- I got my werewolf to the point where he could enter his form at will while in control of himself. WW still didn't see him as eligible for autonomy, which means the issue is neither any of my mods, nor is it a deliberate exclusion of rampaging werewolves, as it applies to non-rampaging ones.

Still don't know if this is a deliberate choice or a bug, but at least now I know it's not a mod conflict.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the answer to this question, so I decided to post it in case someone Googles this in the future. I didn't want to be like those people who post problems and then reply "nvm fixed it" without explaining how. /seethe

Anyway! I emailed Wicked Whim's support email address and received a friendly answer. The exclusion of werewolves from autonomous interactions is indeed intentional, not a bug. So this is officially answered.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 8:21 AM, ErrantQuery said:

Got the answer to this question, so I decided to post it in case someone Googles this in the future. I didn't want to be like those people who post problems and then reply "nvm fixed it" without explaining how. /seethe

Anyway! I emailed Wicked Whim's support email address and received a friendly answer. The exclusion of werewolves from autonomous interactions is indeed intentional, not a bug. So this is officially answered.

Oh thank you! I spent 2 days trying to fix it by removing/adding mods, restarting a game multiple times, swapping npcs... Now my sim is a werewolf (again) and he is not doing any sexual activities, so I started to google, and found this thread. Do you know why are they not allowed for autonomy? Can you change something in ww settings to make it work? It's kinda dumb if it's intentional.

• 1 month later...

You're (quite belatedly, oops) welcome!

As far as the "why" goes, I don't know; the email I received did not say. I agree that it's an odd decision to make; I could understand enabling both player-directed and autonomous interactions, or disabling both, but enabling the player-directed one while excluding autonomy is a bit weird. There's no setting in the mod that you can change to enable this as far as I know. Maybe someone who understands WW better could make a patch for it.