How to add texture files?

I didn't quite understand the post. Do you mean adding textures to TMCL file without issues?

If so, check the size of the TMCL file after inserting the texture. If it's too big, then you might have issues.

Textures should be .dds, DXT1 for non transparent or DXT5 for the ones with alpha channel (transparency).

Resolutions for this game are usually 1024x1024 or 521x512.

I recall working with TMCL files up to 14, maybe 15Mb while in process of making the mod.

Game will not run such heavy texture file. Try to keep up to 10Mb for all girls when mod is ready, except Mai which should be maximum 6.5Mb.

Also, if you are working with TMC Texture tool in conjunction with LR Photo Studio, make sure to keep TMC and TMCL files with the same name as often as possible. I had issues in the past, as LR Photo Studio renames TMC file adding "- out" in the end and don't change the TMCL file.

I've lost mods with crash in TMC OBJ Tool due to this small detail.

Let me know if this helps.

Edited by AyaneKunoichi