(Ingame) Help: Digital Frame removes photos with Kinky World Content.

Hello,

I know this is prolly gonna be super nieche but everytime i take ingame pictures with the any camera of something Kinky world related and put those into these digital frames, upon reloading the save those images disappear. Please Help, I really enjoy taking picutres and making art galleries. It only happens with KW photos not with other ones. 

3 minutes ago, V-Jupiter said:

ello,

I know this is prolly gonna be super nieche but everytime i take ingame pictures with the any camera of something Kinky world related and put those into these digital frames, upon reloading the save those images disappear. Please Help, I really enjoy taking picutres and making art galleries. It only happens with KW photos not with other ones.

So, I don't know if this will solve the issue of kinky photos disappearing from digital frames, but could you just hang the photos directly on the wall? Putting up photos does not require the digital frames. Maybe that ruins your aesthetic, but I don't think the photos will disappear that way.

As a side note, photos that are hung directly on the walls will appreciate in value over time, but photos in digital frames do not. The digital frames only seem to have the advantage that you can put multiple photos in them if you are short on space, and then you can rotate through them to look at different photos. In fact, there is a mod that will automatically advance to the next photo periodically.

2 hours ago, V-Jupiter said:

Hello,

I'm not sure, but something tells me that this is precisely the problem of the lack of localization of photo descriptions. All categories of kinky photos are not localized. KW outputs raw text, but the problem is that the game initializes the entire environment much before KW loads. Check the contents of the KW_LocalizationExport_XXXXXXXX.xml file. You will find it in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

9 hours ago, Jvsmith said:

I'm not sure, but something tells me that this is precisely the problem of the lack of localization of photo descriptions. All categories of kinky photos are not localized. KW outputs raw text, but the problem is that the game initializes the entire environment much before KW loads. Check the contents of the KW_LocalizationExport_XXXXXXXX.xml file. You will find it in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

Hi,

could you please elaborate on this? I have found the most recent KW_LocalizationExport file and dont know what to do with it. There is no mention of digital photos in it whatsoever. Is there even a way to tinker with these exports in the first place?

15 minutes ago, V-Jupiter said:

Hi,

could you please elaborate on this? I have found the most recent KW_LocalizationExport file and dont know what to do with it. There is no mention of digital photos in it whatsoever. Is there even a way to tinker with these exports in the first place?

Ugh, it's quite long and tedious to explain how localization works in the Sims and in KW, please forgive me. I just hinted at what could be causing the problem. If there are lines in this file with categories of nudity, for example including the words Topless or something like that, then this is most likely from the categories of your photos. You can read how to solve this problem yourself here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/215470-oniki-kay’s-kinky-world-build-420-loverslab-edition-updated-2023-12-20/?do=findComment&comment=4258733

Or wait until the LL community of authors finishes working on KW.
P.S.  And it’s not at all a fact that the problem with the photo is localization, but it’s most likely.

Edited by Jvsmith
21 minutes ago, Jvsmith said:

Ugh, it's quite long and tedious to explain how localization works in the Sims and in KW, please forgive me. I just hinted at what could be causing the problem. If there are lines in this file with categories of nudity, for example including the words Topless or something like that, then this is most likely from the categories of your photos. You can read how to solve this problem yourself here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/215470-oniki-kay’s-kinky-world-build-420-loverslab-edition-updated-2023-12-20/?do=findComment&comment=4258733

P.S.  And it’s not at all a fact that the problem with the photo is localization, but it’s most likely.

Hoo Boy, that sure looks like a toughie. I will try to make sense of it later. 

The funny thing is, that the photos are not getting deleted when in a sims inventory/camera roll. Only when placed outside

4 hours ago, Jvsmith said:

Honestly, i tried to read into it, but i cannot find the source of the problem or how to even approach it. Would you mind going into more detail or is it really that much of a pain in the ass?

On 12/25/2023 at 1:19 AM, V-Jupiter said:

Hello,

I will check and see if there is something wrong with KWPhotograph, if photos go missing you should see a message like this in the log,

### DEBUG ### KWPhotograph.PostLoad: nn photo(s) destroyed

On 12/30/2023 at 9:01 AM, Denton47 said:

I will check and see if there is something wrong with KWPhotograph, if photos go missing you should see a message like this in the log,

### DEBUG ### KWPhotograph.PostLoad: nn photo(s) destroyed

Thank you so much, I will have my eye open if a log like this whill pop up. Have only been playing with the default notification setting thus far