Need help getting overlay tattoos to show up on transparent armor.

Like the topic says, needing help getting my overlay tattoos to show up on an body armor that's largely translucent, as of now it doesn't show up, only when i take the armor off. Tried everything I know, and tried looking it up to find a solution but was unable to. Would anyone be able to help?

Not a function, shaders. Someone actually has to write the shader code to implement transparency "properly" which considering some rendering models simply can't do it may be impossible in the Skyrim engine; which would explain why (most likely) none has done it yet.

CS - Community Shaders

Easier to do it with skee64.ini if you just want to test it out. The info is in the text file, just change the iAlphaFlags and iAlphaThreshold values.

Problem is they're very bold, so ones that are supposed to blend like from Blush When Aroused or the red marks from Spank That Ass are just circles or lines instead of what they should be.

1 hour ago, shrtjsrtj said:

Easier to do it with skee64.ini if you just want to test it out. The info is in the text file, just change the iAlphaFlags and iAlphaThreshold values.

Problem is they're very bold, so ones that are supposed to blend like from Blush When Aroused or the red marks from Spank That Ass are just circles or lines instead of what they should be.

Yeah that's the issue with the existing workarounds - they seem to drop the alpha component from 8 bits to 1 bit. For the tech illiterate that means there can no longer be 256 different levels of opacity; 1 bit allows for either opaque (1) or transparent (0). No more smooth fades, it's all hard colors and hard edges.

I figured this out finally after struggling with it since switching to SSE! No need to edit skee.ini or anything like that. Simple fix is the optional file for Racemenu that changes the meshes. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19080?tab=files I had to tweak some settings on my ENB after installing this to get everything looking right again. If your tats disappear when you install try tweaking i think subsurface scattering but maybe it was skinspecular. 

1 hour ago, Straeker said:

I figured this out finally after struggling with it since switching to SSE! No need to edit skee.ini or anything like that. Simple fix is the optional file for Racemenu that changes the meshes. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19080?tab=files I had to tweak some settings on my ENB after installing this to get everything looking right again. If your tats disappear when you install try tweaking i think subsurface scattering but maybe it was skinspecular. 

Hm, interesting.