I really wonder, if this only happens to me: nothing works with the first try. 

I had an update of Sims4 today, and at the same time (not planned) I downloaded and installed TWO packages of animations for the WW... I tried if it works. I can click on the bed they ALWAYS had sex on, it appears "Sex", then I choose "random" and nothing happens... usually I get asked with who the sim wants to be wicked, right? Nothing happens, and the game gets into paused mode... 

I removed the TWO packages which I installed today, started, tried, no change, removed WW, started, of course it did not work, because it was gone, put the folder WW with script and tunes back into the MODS folder, started the game, nothing happens :(( can you please help? WWLaserAnimations.package and WW_Anonny_Animations.package are the names of the two I tried. But also without them in the MODS folder it does not work any more :(

If you look into the Documents>Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > WickedWhims_v176i_Exception.txt

You'll see quite a few error message being posted.

When you start/load a game, this error gets added:

Game Version: 1.103.250.1020, WickedWhims Version: v176i, , P:49 S:1 D:0
12/05/23 16:24:23 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v176i\zone_tick.py", line 128, in _on_zone_update_event
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v176i\zone_tick.py", line 76, in update
  File ".\WickedWhims_v176i\wickedwhims\main\game_handlers\prelude\hello_message.py", line 40, in _wickedwhims_display_hello_notification_on_update
  File ".\WickedWhims_v176i\wickedwhims\main\game_handlers\prelude\hello_message.py", line 88, in _display_hello_notification
  File ".\WickedWhims_v176i\wickedwhims\utils_interfaces.py", line 21, in display_notification
  File ".\WickedWhims_v176i\turbolib2\services\dialog_service.py", line 200, in display_notification
  File ".\WickedWhims_v176i\turbolib2\services\dialog_service.py", line 188, in build_notification_dialog
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 793, in __init__
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 319, in __init__
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable_base.py", line 464, in __init__
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable_perf.py", line 49, in register_for_cleanup
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'append'
TurboLib: [TurboLib] Failed to run '_wickedwhims_display_hello_notification_on_update' method from 'WickedWhims'. -> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'append'
Please note, this exception didn't occur in the mod. The mod is unlikely to be the source of the error.

When you try to open the settings in game (which doesn't open anything)

This gets added to the list:

Game Version: 1.103.250.1020, WickedWhims Version: v176i, , P:49 S:1 D:0
12/05/23 16:27:38 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v176i\exception_watcher_wrapper.py", line 25, in wrapper
  File ".\WickedWhims_v176i\turbolib2\tunables\interaction\interactions.py", line 80, in _trigger_interaction_start_event
  File ".\WickedWhims_v176i\wickedwhims\main\settings\interactions.py", line 86, in on_interaction_start
  File ".\WickedWhims_v176i\wickedwhims\main\settings\settings_main_dialog.py", line 88, in open_main_settings_dialog
  File ".\WickedWhims_v176i\turbolib2\ui\object_picker_dialog.py", line 221, in display
  File ".\WickedWhims_v176i\turbolib2\ui\object_picker_dialog.py", line 224, in _build_dialog
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 793, in __init__
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 319, in __init__
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable_base.py", line 464, in __init__
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable_perf.py", line 49, in register_for_cleanup
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'append'

Yeah the update has stopped it working for me too.I still have the heart but when I click it the game just pauses. Nothing happens. Okay tried to reinstall and still nothing WW must have to be updated too. Had sims 4  updates screw with my mods in the past.

Edited by JG55

Big updates ALWAYS break script mods.

There's nothing to do but wait for the mod authors to fix it. And please keep in mind that they have lives outside of making the mod, so you gotta just wait. It usually takes a day or two to fix most mods. Occasionally it takes longer because of the changes made in the patch or because the mod author was busy.

It's just how modding the sims works.

i Have nothing but love for TURBODRIVER.  it has to be a pain in the ass to up date this everytime EA updates and borks it up..  but TURBODRIVER always fixes it.  even if they didnt i wouldnt hate them. they have provided a lot of fun for a long time. i would just be disapointed but id never hate them.  TURBODRIVER you are the greatest modder in the community.