SkyClimb conflicts? Other causes of the Lever animation bug?

PREFACE: I'm asking this here because 1) Nexus' discussion post system is ass, 2) Nexus' average user in an ass, and 3) I, also, happen to be a braindead ass.

I installed SkyClimb.  I made sure that the following were all up-to-date for my SkyrimSE 1.5.97:

-SKSE

-powerofthree's Papyrus Extender (v05.6.1)

-Payload Interpreter (v01.1.0)

-EVG-AT (v01.02, with Integration Patch v1.2.3 and Patch Collection v1.3.4)

-Animation Motion Revolution (v1.5.3)

-Open Animation Replacer (v2.0.2)

-Nemesis

-Paired Animation Improvements (though I don't think that has any effect on this) (v1.0.1)

I made sure that Immersive Interactions was GONE.  Out.  Removed.  No traces.  New Game.

I have deleted my entire Nemesis Output folder (meshes, Nemesis_Engine, scripts, even the FNIS.esp).

I have re-run Nemesis, check all the appropriate boxes, gotten literally everything else (except Sneak Behavior Extensions -  True Prone System, but we'll fucking ignore that) to work.

I perfected the delicate balance of Nemesis and FNIS, of all those fancy Modding Guild combat and animation mods, TK Dodge, the creature animations from here, everything in BaboDialogue and SLHH and BakaDefeat.

I've got it all.

Hell, in a previous playthrough, I got EVG-AT to work flawlessly with all these.

But now, SkyClimb just wants to cause problems.  Lever Animation kinds of problems.

100% of all high-climbs run, then trigger two "throw lever" sounds, then the "throw lever" animation.  I also am NOT atop the thing I just "climbed".

50% of all vault-over animations run correctly.

The other 50% run twice, while also triggering "throw lever" sounds.  But at least I get where I'm going.

Is there anything I'm overlooking?  Something else that could be causing this behavior?

(For that matter, maybe this has been figured out, I can try and get some help on un-fucking that Sneak Behavior Extensions situation...)

Disclaimer: Never used skyclimb. I assume its the mod that allows you to vault over things and grab ledges etc. I have however been modding Skyrim for over a decade so I'll have a go at this...

1 hour ago, VenomousOuroboros said:

100% of all high-climbs run, then trigger two "throw lever" sounds, then the "throw lever" animation.  I also am NOT atop the thing I just "climbed".

First thing that comes to mind is that this is a behavior/animation hack gone wrong. The solution would be in Nemesis/FNIS, depending on which system the mod uses to hack the behavior files. Also keep in mind that there may be conflicts between Nemesis and FNIS (as in, I believe they edit the same files).

1 hour ago, VenomousOuroboros said:

50% of all vault-over animations run correctly.

The other 50% run twice

This smells like a papyrus latency issue. Does skyclimb contain papyrus scripts or is it a 100% dll based solution? Otherwise I'd attribute this to the issue above, fix one you fix both.

Since none of that was probably helpful on its own, I'll add that the first thing I'd do in this case is forget about making it all work at the same time, and ditch whichever system the mod is *not* using - FNIS or Nemesis. If the mod works when behavior files were generated only by one of them, you know where the issue is, sort of.

Well, when you're sorta right, you're right.

Even when I would configure FNIS to output to a folder we'll call "Output A", run FNIS, then configure it to output to an "Output B" folder, then run Nemesis (set to output to "Output C"), somehow Nemesis would still overwrite files in Output A.  Weird (at least to me).

My grand plan was to:

1) Run FNIS --> Output A

2) Reconfig FNIS --> Output B

3) Backup all of Output A to another folder that would actually not get touched by Nemesis.  Call this "Backup 1"

4) Run Nemesis --> Output C

5) Backup the now-overwritten Output A to another folder to keep for further trials.  Call this "Backup 2"

6) Copy the contents of Backup 1 into Output A.  Do not overwrite anything.

7) Run Skyrim.

What I observed was:

-SkyClimb works with absolutely no problems

-Same for EVG-AT

-Holy shit, the Prone Sneaking mod works!

-All of my fancy combat animations work as intended

-SexLab animations work between all humanoid NPCs

-SexLab animations work for some creature NPCs*

*So far, Draugr and goats (don't ask) don't animate, although the PC still does her half.

I really hope some other people can refer to this, tighten up the process, and experiment on it with me to solve the few lingering quirks.

2 hours ago, VenomousOuroboros said:

Even when I would configure FNIS to output to a folder we'll call "Output A", run FNIS, then configure it to output to an "Output B" folder, then run Nemesis (set to output to "Output C"), somehow Nemesis would still overwrite files in Output A.

If you're using MO2 and setting the "Create files in mod instead of overwrite" setting then yeah, I was under that same impression myself for a long time. Keep the mouse cursor over the checkbox for a while and the tooltip will say:

If this is enabled, new files are created in the specified mod instead of the "overwrite" mod.

Note the keyword "new" there. A file is not considered new by MO2 if it already exists in another mod. That means, since FNIS and Nemesis fight over the same files, whichever runs last will overwrite the files despite this option being set to "Output A". The workaround is like you already discovered to completely remove (move elsewhere) the files produced by the first application before running the next application. Then at the end bring them all back as separate mods and do conflict resolution the usual way - by moving the mods up/down in the load order.