Double armor stacking issue

I'm very new to skyrim modding so the issue is probably a simple one but what's happening is I'm using CT77s remodled armor and two lots of certain armor sets (mostly guards) are being loaded on top of each other hower when I enable 3BA SMP mode on that npc the issue fixes itself. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong in body slide or if it's a load order thing but I've tried a lot of troubleshooting and had no luck. I've tried looking but I can't find anyone who has had a similiar issue. I'm using Vortex

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler

skyrimguard1.thumb.png.7a82ba0c5f59e529ee88861d41e97a3a.png

Made naked with a spell:

skyrimguard2.thumb.png.f36f95f242285dd6363ccad313d532c5.png

3BA SMP mode activated:

skyrimguard3baSmpMode.thumb.png.a02d434ba5d8eb583c717c1fc3e54314.png

Edited by k123a456
23 hours ago, traison said:

Equipment slots. You can wear multiple sets of armor as long as they all use different slots. Basically it comes down to:

1. Decide what you want to use, which leads to the 2nd:
  2. Clean your mods, you got things overlapping.

Are you absolutely sure that's all it could be? I only have the one outfit/armor mod.

It makes sense though that the vanilla armor is still being loaded in and worn in a different slot alongside the CT77 armor.

Could there be a fix with bodslide? Like I say it mostly only seems to effect the female guards

9 hours ago, k123a456 said:

Are you absolutely sure that's all it could be?

Since we have SKSE plugins, no one can be sure about anything; any part of the bytecode can be changed.

It makes sense though that the vanilla armor is still being loaded in and worn in a different slot alongside the CT77 armor.

The Remodeled Armor I know uses the same slot as vanilla armor - 32. I run on old mod versions however.

Could there be a fix with bodslide?

Sort of. Outfit Studio can change equipment slots. You need to sync the slot numbers with those in the ARMO records in the associated plugins as well.

To investigate this problem, start here:

1. Open the console.
  2. Select a problematic NPC.
  3. inv
  4. Note down all equipped items.
  5. Find equipped items in xEdit.
    1. Find the ARMA record of each item.
    2. Note down the equipment slot numbers.
    3. (optional) Find the associated ARMO records.
    4. (optional) Note down the mesh paths.
    5. (optional) Check equipment slots in Outfit Studio or NifSkope.

If you have 2 items that appear to be full-body armors, using different slots, that's your issue.

2 hours ago, traison said:

Since we have SKSE plugins, no one can be sure about anything; any part of the bytecode can be changed.

The Remodeled Armor I know uses the same slot as vanilla armor - 32. I run on old mod versions however.

Sort of. Outfit Studio can change equipment slots. You need to sync the slot numbers with those in the ARMO records in the associated plugins as well.

To investigate this problem, start here:

1. Open the console.
  2. Select a problematic NPC.
  3. inv
  4. Note down all equipped items.
  5. Find equipped items in xEdit.
    1. Find the ARMA record of each item.
    2. Note down the equipment slot numbers.
    3. (optional) Find the associated ARMO records.
    4. (optional) Note down the mesh paths.
    5. (optional) Check equipment slots in Outfit Studio or NifSkope.

If you have 2 items that appear to be full-body armors, using different slots, that's your issue.

Thank you! This helped me find the issue, turns out it was another mod causing the issue! I've disabled it and now all is well. Appreciate it a lot!