Vault 101 Collar

View File

This is an old mod from me only for Fallout 3 not Fallout New Vegas and without Sexout.

If someone wants to adopt this mod, feel free to do so, at least as long as it is not for

commercial purposes and maybe I am mentioned.

The download contains the last version, that I had published in the Folder Version 1.00 and also my own current version. I forgot what I have changed.

You can use the mod at own risk. At the moment I do not intend to make support. - I am already an old guy .:(

A description can be found in the old thread:

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/05/2023
  • Category
  • Requires

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 9:34 PM, Voidson22222 said:

I recently played through this mod again. I had a lot of fun with it.

Is is still being worked on at all or is it totally abandoned? This would IMO benefit from more complex quests. Maybe even add sexout integration, I think they got it working in FO3.

Sometimes I change something here and sometimes something there. It depends on what I am currently playing Skyrim, FO4, Oblivion or the older Fallout games.

Sexout for FO3 or something like that i had seen sometimes in a thread, but i do not know if FO3 now has official support.

Maybe I should ask a supporter.

The other possibility is to use TTW, but for now I did not have the last version running.

Sexout would be a great addition for the mod as the calls are not so difficult. Anyway usually it is more work than expecting

and a funny person once said: Eternity is under a bit of time pressure :)

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, magickchris said:

I tried to leave after giving all my stuff to amata and my collar still blew up when i left, is this right?

I do not know, The collar just counts how many items you are carrying in inventory. If more than 4 or 5 (forget how many exact) it will explode. There is a trick (adopted from Myst 1) if you want to keep your items.

Edited by Kanlaon

i was never good at Myst lol, I would be totally fine with leaving my items behind but soon as I click the button to open the vault my collar goes instantly pink. I may have picked up a couple items that might help without spoiing anything but yeah no luck yet.

11 hours ago, magickchris said:

i was never good at Myst lol, I would be totally fine with leaving my items behind but soon as I click the button to open the vault my collar goes instantly pink. I may have picked up a couple items that might help without spoiing anything but yeah no luck yet.

Oh yes the Myst riddles are really difficult if you do not cheat.

About the collar: It  always change the colour after you had open the vault door, but i forgot if the bomb starts ticking immediately.

Always a good idea was to kill all the guards so that they do no longer disturb you.

So here the trick to leave the vault with your items.

Spoiler

Do not give amata things you might need killing the guards.

Do not go near to the opened vault door, when I remember right the bomb will activate if you are near to the door.

Kill all the guards disturbing.

When the bomb starts ticking you do not have enough time to run through the whole escape tunnel.

But you should have enough time to run into the escape tunnel just behind the vault door.

When you are there open your inventory and drop everything to the ground.

Now it should be possible to leave the escape tunnel, as the bomb is off.

After leaving the escape tunnel the collar will change the colour back to the non lethal version.

Go back into the escape tunnel and collect all your dropped items that are lying in front of the the closed vault door.

i would never have thought of that lol, I'm not even sure which button it is to drop stuff from my inventory. The amata trick could have worked and i could have just ran from the guards. I was looking for secret buttons all around the vault when you mentioned Myst. I got a field control unit which didnt do anything then another item which says removes collar but it just leveled down the color but after pressing the vault exit button and getting the pink collar, the item didnt work anymore. would have made more sense to me to use that.

Edited by magickchris
48 minutes ago, magickchris said:

i would never have thought of that lol, I'm not even sure which button it is to drop stuff from my inventory. The amata trick could have worked and i could have just ran from the guards. I was looking for secret buttons all around the vault when you mentioned Myst. I got a field control unit which didnt do anything then another item which says removes collar but it just leveled down the color but after pressing the vault exit button and getting the pink collar, the item didnt work anymore. would have made more sense to me to use that.

I am not sure if the collar (pink) when opening the vault exit isnt a special one.

And yes you cannot remove a coloured collar until it had switched to the gray colour.

The field control unit only lowered the colour down one step - I forgot it and removing the collar can only be done by special persons in the game. One you can find in Megaton.

If i remember right there where 5 steps for the ordinary collar at all: gray, green, yellow, orange and red.

Also in mothership zeta usually a special collar is equipped onto the player, nevertheless the mothership zeta is worth

all the trouble you had.

ok got it, thanks for the help. I do like the idea of this mod and want to play with it more but leaving the vault was becoming a big issue and i disabed it temporaly. Ill try it again :)

ok update, i still blew up no matter if i drop the items at the door or give them to amata. I still have a bobblehead and a keyring and an item from another mod i cant drop.

Edited by magickchris
1 hour ago, magickchris said:

ok got it, thanks for the help. I do like the idea of this mod and want to play with it more but leaving the vault was becoming a big issue and i disabed it temporaly. Ill try it again :)

I guess it is also possible to start a new game without my mod and make a save when you had left the vault.

At that point install my mod and you should not have problems,  but not have a collar equipped. Nevertheless when you open containers a trap can trigger ...

• 2 months later...

I love this mod. Especially the beginning in Vault 101 and the Brotherhood slavery was interesting too. I will try alien ship next😉. Nice additional challenge with different collars. The colors are a bit too bright for me but it was very easy to change. Thank you for this mod. It's fun.