Skin Seam Issues (S4S and in game)

I am experiencing issues with seams appearing on the female body, this is showing up not only in game but also in Sims 4 Studio as well. I have not updated the game to the latest version so running 1.101.290.1030, removed the mods folder and started clean but same issue, first noticed it when testing some new overlays, some are worse than others, assumed it was just the CC but tested ones I knew were good before and yep similar issues, then decided ok and loaded just the default female in S4S and can still see these seams. NFI what is causing this, any ideas?

Screenshot 2023-11-06 040644.png

Screenshot 2023-11-06 040627.png

Edited by i-SherlocK
42 minutes ago, i-SherlocK said:

I am experiencing issues with seams appearing on the female body, this is showing up not only in game but also in Sims 4 Studio as well. I have not updated the game to the latest version so running 1.101.290.1030, removed the mods folder and started clean but same issue, first noticed it when testing some new overlays, some are worse than others, assumed it was just the CC but tested ones I knew were good before and yep similar issues, then decided ok and loaded just the default female in S4S and can still see these seams. NFI what is causing this, any ideas?

I am in the same situation with s4s. It might just be that WW is replacing the nude base. However, it doesn't bother me during the game. I think you can get a better idea of the situation by posting a screenshot from the game.

Cases that occur due to polygons are listed below.

• Normally, when exporting with s4s, polygons are divided at UV breaks. Therefore, when moving or sculpting is used when modifying, comma pixels often shift.
  • Alternatively, errors may occur not only in movement but also in weight values.
  • This phenomenon is relatively less likely to occur once merged. There are cases in which you may need to be careful about clipping.
  • Due to the above effects, the depiction of shadows in the material is strongly affected by the automatic division of polygons. To avoid this, it is necessary to connect UVs, but this is not realistic from various points of view. Must be treated as a specification.

Cases that occur due to texture are listed below.

• The creator's texture is simply random!
  • Since it is assumed to be operated on LOT0, it will not work properly on other LOTs.
  • Individual nude bodies created by CC authors are deeper modifications and require dedicated textures.

Or it may be due to nvidia graphics settings.
Reviewing the graphics settings may solve the problem.

Edited by Super anal fucker meiko
8 hours ago, Super anal fucker meiko said:

I am in the same situation with s4s. It might just be that WW is replacing the nude base. However, it doesn't bother me during the game. I think you can get a better idea of the situation by posting a screenshot from the game.

I feel that I am going nuts though and that this wasn't happening before, I know for a fact that most of the popular overlays I was using didn't have that seam issue as per the greyscale pic above (which also shows in game)

I seriously don't understand what changed and or what I changed, might do a full reinstall and see how it goes, not sure what else I can do or where to even look.

13 hours ago, i-SherlocK said:

I feel that I am going nuts though and that this wasn't happening before, I know for a fact that most of the popular overlays I was using didn't have that seam issue as per the greyscale pic above (which also shows in game)

I seriously don't understand what changed and or what I changed, might do a full reinstall and see how it goes, not sure what else I can do or where to even look.

If so, please show us what kind of base model you are using using the game screen and trayimporter. I said in my first answer that I could figure it out if you also posted a screenshot. I think it's probably caused by some kind of mod or CC, such as replacing the default nude. This is because I believe that users who do not use mods or CC will not come to LL. In any case, without a game screen, it is impossible to understand what the situation is like.

I forgot your information about unplugging the CC in the beginning. For now, it is better to use trayimporter and post the game screen.
Also, please show here the test and verification results whether it occurs by selecting other CC skin details or WW bodies.
It may be caused by a Sims update, but if that's the case, you'll have no choice but to wait for the update.

Edited by Super anal fucker meiko

It's an issue with exporting the mesh with S4S. The 1st image is the original mesh (package untouched) the 2nd image i exported the mesh then just reimported it which causes the mesh to have the seam issue. My version of S4S is v3.2.1.2 Star.

Edit: This post on S4S forum explains what causes the seams to appear when exporting and importing meshes.

https://sims4studio.com/thread/19407/mesh-changing-on-export

Spoiler

Untitled.thumb.png.b43311a5039f60ac240595de9c2d1b11.png

Spoiler

Untitled2.thumb.png.670e168af4a3ba68979228f9716361b7.png

Edited by yoydihesti
8 hours ago, yoydihesti said:

It's an issue with exporting the mesh with S4S. The 1st image is the original mesh (package untouched) the 2nd image i exported the mesh then just reimported it which causes the mesh to have the seam issue. My version of S4S is v3.2.1.2 Star.

Edit: This post on S4S forum explains what causes the seams to appear when exporting and importing meshes.

https://sims4studio.com/thread/19407/mesh-changing-on-export

I still don't understand how to solve this issue though, I was never exporting/importing any meshes, was just testing some overlays and noticed it one day when I was creating some characters in CAS.

On 11/7/2023 at 3:01 AM, Super anal fucker meiko said:

If so, please show us what kind of base model you are using using the game screen and trayimporter. I said in my first answer that I could figure it out if you also posted a screenshot. I think it's probably caused by some kind of mod or CC, such as replacing the default nude. This is because I believe that users who do not use mods or CC will not come to LL. In any case, without a game screen, it is impossible to understand what the situation is like.

I forgot your information about unplugging the CC in the beginning. For now, it is better to use trayimporter and post the game screen.

Yeah I will do so when I get chance tomorrow, base model is just wild_guys default skin and SAllure top and I imagine WW bottom default mesh as I don't use any other default there.