Nemesis suddenly stopped working

When hitting update, it says this:   

ERROR(6001): An exception has occured while updating. Report to Nemesis' author immediately    

Message: No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page.    

Hitting launch causes a ERROR(6002) with same message.   

I have some mod installed after last time running Nemesis, but none are animation related.   

What could cause this and how do I troubleshoot this?   

For future Googlers:

This indicates a problem with encoding and/or decoding a string. Its unfortunate that it doesn't really specify what it was trying to do, as both unicode and multi-byte could mean several different things. Typically Windows runs on UTF-16 (a form of unicode, a multi-byte format); the sane part of world usually runs on UTF-8 (another unicode format, selectively multi-byte). Regardless though, I would assume since we're dealing with text encodings that it tried to squeeze some bytes into an encoding that can't print it. So look for foreign (to you) characters, such as a chinese, japanese, cyrillic, arabic etc. symbols on a latin system. It could be in the contents of a file, or part of the path or file name itself.

It is also possible this was simply an error in Nemesis. It could, for instance, have read a text field beyond the length of the field and thus ended up trying to encode non-text bytes.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have this same problem, except with ZaZ 8.0+ for SE

Doesn't seem to be the case that anyone else has ever had this problem though has anyone else had this problem with ZaZ?

Edit: If anyone cares, it's the file ZazWallShacklesImmersiveschön under the path *\Meshes\actors\character\animations\ZaZAnimationPack\

Edited by Manjimon
  • 3 months later...
On 11/13/2023 at 10:44 AM, Manjimon said:

I actually have this same problem, except with ZaZ 8.0+ for SE

Doesn't seem to be the case that anyone else has ever had this problem though has anyone else had this problem with ZaZ?

Edit: If anyone cares, it's the file ZazWallShacklesImmersiveschön under the path *\Meshes\actors\character\animations\ZaZAnimationPack\

Are you sure that's the only file with non-UNICODE letter?

My nemesis update still detect another localization error with error 6001