Some kind of weirdly specific mesh glitch

I've been working on some WW body parts and really have no idea what's gone wrong here and I seem to have ruled out the obvious answers. basically I've made a NSFW version of my digitigrade legs that distorts wildly at a far render distance.

Screenshot(3245).thumb.png.7beb7f3e08dacfbb3aef14334bf5b417.png

It looks and behaves normally any closer than this. At first I assumed I'd done something very wrong with the LOD 3 mesh, but when testing the mesh in a different package (a different ww body part I've already made that I know works) the problem stopped occurring (I also tried importing one of the lower LOD meshes to the LOD 3 slot and it still glitched), and I can't find anything wrong with the mesh in blender. I tried remaking the package/redoing the xml entirely, and it worked before I replaced the default mesh with mine but not after. I've tried cloning a different default WW lower body with the same results.

So yeah, my troubleshooting attempts are yielding inconsistent results that aren't doing much to narrow down the problem except that I'm 99% sure the mesh isn't inherently broken. I know this isn't the most ideal place to ask but the S4S forums don't allow mention of adult content so it's this or I keep asking the rubber shark on my desk for insights.

I've been banging my head into this wall for a few weeks now so I'd really, really appreciate any knowledge/ideas/hunches. Package is included if anyone wants to test/poke around.

Digi_MHuman_Soft_L.package

6 hours ago, EachUisge said:

I've been working on some WW body parts and really have no idea what's gone wrong here and I seem to have ruled out the obvious answers. basically I've made a NSFW version of my digitigrade legs that distorts wildly at a far render distance.

It looks and behaves normally any closer than this. At first I assumed I'd done something very wrong with the LOD 3 mesh, but when testing the mesh in a different package (a different ww body part I've already made that I know works) the problem stopped occurring (I also tried importing one of the lower LOD meshes to the LOD 3 slot and it still glitched), and I can't find anything wrong with the mesh in blender. I tried remaking the package/redoing the xml entirely, and it worked before I replaced the default mesh with mine but not after. I've tried cloning a different default WW lower body with the same results.

So yeah, my troubleshooting attempts are yielding inconsistent results that aren't doing much to narrow down the problem except that I'm 99% sure the mesh isn't inherently broken. I know this isn't the most ideal place to ask but the S4S forums don't allow mention of adult content so it's this or I keep asking the rubber shark on my desk for insights.

I've been banging my head into this wall for a few weeks now so I'd really, really appreciate any knowledge/ideas/hunches. Package is included if anyone wants to test/poke around.

I was exporting other LODs thinking that maybe it wasn't an issue with LOD3, but I discovered this when I looked at LOD2.
In LOD 0, all of the penis is painted with b__Pelvis__, but in other LODs, all of it is not painted.

2023-10-15222609.jpg.5cb5f0547ff872f6fcadd52e1179642e.jpg
I found out the reason later, but it turned out that there was a bad way value in the penis that was not normalized and had a value greater than 1.

2023-10-15223335.png.1f0ddfc610c5d0bf29469be805c3d33e.png
I'm thinking that maybe solving this will fix it.

You can refer this if you like.

7 hours ago, Super anal fucker meiko said:

I was exporting other LODs thinking that maybe it wasn't an issue with LOD3, but I discovered this when I looked at LOD2.
In LOD 0, all of the penis is painted with b__Pelvis__, but in other LODs, all of it is not painted.

2023-10-15222609.jpg.5cb5f0547ff872f6fcadd52e1179642e.jpg
I found out the reason later, but it turned out that there was a bad way value in the penis that was not normalized and had a value greater than 1.

2023-10-15223335.png.1f0ddfc610c5d0bf29469be805c3d33e.png
I'm thinking that maybe solving this will fix it.

You can refer this if you like.

oh damn it, that's because I originally intended for it to be compatible with SimMotion and ended up simplifying for testing/troubleshooting. apparently I forgot to do all the LODs, thanks for catching that

I don't know if it will fix the main problem since the mesh doesn't seem to have any issues when added to another already-working package, but I'll definitely give it a shot, really appreciate you taking a look

A bump with an update because the problem continues to be weird. The problem is only happening with these new body parts. I can use the exact same mesh for the human penis and the werewolf penis I made previously, and it's only broken on one of them.

The problem also only seems to affect parts of the mesh weighted to WW bones, not vanilla ones.

Screenshot (3337).png

1 hour ago, EachUisge said:

A bump with an update because the problem continues to be weird. The problem is only happening with these new body parts. I can use the exact same mesh for the human penis and the werewolf penis I made previously, and it's only broken on one of them.

The problem also only seems to affect parts of the mesh weighted to WW bones, not vanilla ones.

The images are heavy and very laggy on LL which is always a server glitch.?

Is this the same phenomenon with zoom and LOD 0? I can't tell if the penis is failing because it is so far away.

22 hours ago, Super anal fucker meiko said:

The images are heavy and very laggy on LL which is always a server glitch.?

Is this the same phenomenon with zoom and LOD 0? I can't tell if the penis is failing because it is so far away.

Same problem, yeah. And I've made some progress on identifying the issue, in that I've confirmed it's not anything I'm doing in blender to cause it.

Did an experiment where I downloaded another custom body part from a different mod author, exported their mesh, imported it into my test package without opening it in blender at all, and it still glitched out. the mesh works fine before doing that.

So now at least I know the problem is on the S4S end of things and not the weight painting end (though I did fix the issue with the higher LOD penis weights and double check  I'd normalized everything in the meantime).

22 hours ago, EachUisge said:

Same problem, yeah. And I've made some progress on identifying the issue, in that I've confirmed it's not anything I'm doing in blender to cause it.

Did an experiment where I downloaded another custom body part from a different mod author, exported their mesh, imported it into my test package without opening it in blender at all, and it still glitched out. the mesh works fine before doing that.

So now at least I know the problem is on the S4S end of things and not the weight painting end (though I did fix the issue with the higher LOD penis weights and double check  I'd normalized everything in the meantime).

Hmm, I can't think of a solution...If it's a soft penis, I think it could be solved by deleting the weight values of all penises.
S4S may not recognize unknown bones, so when exporting, put the WW data into the S4S mod folder to ensure that you can edit the penis data. This may be the cause of the polygons that occurred when importing directly from export.

6 hours ago, Super anal fucker meiko said:

Hmm, I can't think of a solution...If it's a soft penis, I think it could be solved by deleting the weight values of all penises.
S4S may not recognize unknown bones, so when exporting, put the WW data into the S4S mod folder to ensure that you can edit the penis data. This may be the cause of the polygons that occurred when importing directly from export.

I do have everything I should need in the S4S mods folder (and have tried a few different permutations/removed all unrelated mods just for good measure), which is one of the reasons I'm so confused by this. I've uploaded a version of the soft penis that's only weighted to the pelvis as a half-workaround, but the hard one is a problem. Someone over on tumblr suggested trying CAStools, which I've never used, so I'll try poking around with that and see if it helps.

In any case, I appreciate the help and suggestions.