[Mod]NewU Changes mod.

NewU Changes mod.

View File

HELLO!
First time submitting a mod and it's a *very* simple one that makes a few tweaks to the New U Machine.

New U machine "spin the wheel" will now *always* change your race. It's a new you!
New U machine "spin the wheel" will now *always* change your name*1. It's a new you!

New U machine "spin the wheel" duration has been changed from a 1day-1week chance heavily in favor of 1 day, to a 3 day - 2 week chance, with a bias towards 1-2 weeks.

Future Plans:

next release: change the status effects, either adding more, or making them more, well, varied, for spin the wheel.

Possibly next release: taking away player agency with a side effect. Not certain on this one.

3rd release: the new-u machine, but in pill form. May make "spin the wheel" versions and more targeted versions.

Other ideas to explore:

a new character resulting from said new-u pill.

*1 Technically speaking, you could have already selected a name that is within the sample of names that's used for randomization. But it would be a random chance.

Edited by Lenae_Oyen
specifying this is for the "spin the wheel" function.
  • Lenae_Oyen changed the title to [Mod]NewU Spin-the-wheel Changes mod. [for 0.18a & 0.17b]

I tested this mod out a few times, once with the multiple characters mod, once without it but with the rest of my usual mods in place, and multiple times with no mods except for yours and I ran into issues all three times, mainly with the race change aspect.  Even when running just your mod my character changed from Mia to Lana, and from Lia to Jia, despite the fact that in both cases I was White and should have gotten some other race.  There was also another time, again just running your mod, that the transformation wore off the moment I left the mall the same day I got it.  For the record I'm running .18a, and used money cheats, along with no chores, getting caught disabled, and all npcs want to breed you on each test. 

I love the concept, but unless I screwed something up just running this mod by itself, this might need a bit more playtesting.

15 hours ago, Lazyby said:

I tested this mod out a few times, once with the multiple characters mod, once without it but with the rest of my usual mods in place, and multiple times with no mods except for yours and I ran into issues all three times, mainly with the race change aspect.  Even when running just your mod my character changed from Mia to Lana, and from Lia to Jia, despite the fact that in both cases I was White and should have gotten some other race.  There was also another time, again just running your mod, that the transformation wore off the moment I left the mall the same day I got it.  For the record I'm running .18a, and used money cheats, along with no chores, getting caught disabled, and all npcs want to breed you on each test. 

I love the concept, but unless I screwed something up just running this mod by itself, this might need a bit more playtesting.

I downloaded a fresh copy of the game, downloaded my copy of the mod off of LL and plugged it in.
I have been able to reproduce the immediate wear-off bug that you've mentioned here,
I have not been able to reproduce the Mia to Lana, and Liya to Jia experiences you've had. I believe you all the same.

I'll dig into it further. Sorry that you've had this experience. Not sure why it was working on my previous install.....curious!

Please look forward to an updated file sometime in the future. :)

17 hours ago, Lazyby said:

Thank you again for the report.
Both bugs have been found and resolved.

A syntax error was rendering my changes to the available transformation sets mute. This syntax error has been fixed, and I went 30/30 on racial changes, with multiple different starting races.

The time table previously didn't know how to handle a "5 day" time-change, causing the transformation to revert after leaving the mall. This has been resolved. I went 30/30 on times working correctly.
The game definitely has a bias for 7-10 day transformations coming out of spin the wheel. I wonder if this is too long?

Edit: As for compatibility with other mods....
nothing changed here should cause other mods to not work, and other mods should not cause this mod to not work.
THAT SAID. If you're adding a new character to your game via a mod, the new-u machine's spin-the-wheel will not select that new character. I'd have to make it an explicit dependency.
It's possible, with enough feedback, I'd be open to it. Or if I personally wanted it. Right now I feel like that's a barrier to more people enjoying this.

Edited by Lenae_Oyen
clarifying mod compatibility.