Companion spacesuit settings?

I find it really strange that companions on planets or space bases without oxygen wear their space suit, but as soon as you enter a room that contains oxygen, they take off their suit completely. I noticed this extremely during a mission where there was a constant change between the two conditions.

For the own character there is a setting to automatically put on the helmet in areas without oxygen, but is there a similar setting for companions?
I really don't enjoy it when my companion suddenly stops wearing a spacesuit on a mission where they were just wearing one.

If there is not such a setting, I hereby make a request for such a mod as soon as possible.

Edited by N.Gamma

They have this feature for the player. In the apparel/spacesuit screen in the options listed at the bottom is one for hiding the suit or helmet when entering a safe environment.

For your companion download this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/1412?tab=description

Follow the instructions for installation and then in game use the console command "bat wts".

This isn't a perfect system as it requires some inventory management with follower dialogue but it allows you to unequip their default outfit and replace it with whatever you wish. You can even borrow your companion's default outfit if you like. It bothered me so much that my follower wouldn't wear their spacesuit that offers bullet protection in combat, but even as annoying as the inventory screen management is, this fix really improves immersion. Not to mention my follower also used to wear regular street clothes on a planet that's -268C but has oxygen in the atmosphere.

Edited by verdantmile