[mod] Very makeshift cows mod

Very makeshift cows mod

This is a mod I slapped together in about an hour or so based on some things in the LV discord. Mostly to see if I could. I'm probably not going to do anymore with this, as I really should work on that other mod I kinda abandoned. But hey, someone else may enjoy this mess.

WHAT THIS MOD DOES:

IF YOU HAVE THE MILK RANCHERS CIVIC:

It will remove one farmer job from the agriculture districts and add one cow job.

IF YOU SET A PLANET TO THE DAIRY DESIGNATION:

It will also remove one farmer job from the agriculture districts and add one cow job.

IF YOU DO BOTH TO ONE WORLD:

It will remove two farmer jobs from the agriculture districts and add two cow jobs, probably meaning you will have no farmers.

WHAT THIS MOD DOESN'T DO:

1. Work at all with hive minds or angler empires. I didn't feel like doing all the work needed to remove the fisher jobs or do something with drones. I don't play hive minds much anyways.
  2. Make any attempt at balance. I don't know or care what being able to completely replace farmers with cows will do to balance. Probably weird things.
  3. Work without LV. It needs it. Without it, it probably won't do anything, besides maybe crashing your game.
  4. Work with a mod that adjusts basic districts. If you got a mod that messes with 02_rural_districts.txt, then it's probably not going to work. I dunno how to make something that adds to the text file, rather than replace it completely. 

For those interested in the details

Spoiler

I added a bunch of lines to the agriculture districts that mess with the jobs. I tagged my edits with #cow stuff, so you should be able to find it. Apparently you can add negative jobs. Note that there's two agriculture districts, normal and uncapped. I dunno where uncapped really come from, I'm thinking the unlimited farming districts on ocean worlds that anglers get? 

I also just realized that the dairy world designation wasn't working, but then I fixed it, but forgot to copy the edits to the normal districts over to the uncapped districts. So if you get uncapped farming districts somehow this mod might break. If you wanna fix it just change the has_designation = {col_lv_dairy} to has_designation = col_lv_dairy over in uncapped. and maybe merge the -1 farmer and +1 cow modifiers. Or copy the #cow stuff here to #end cow stuff from the normal districts over to the uncapped. Unless I can update the file somehow. I think I can. did the fix

Although, since I put is_anglers_empire = no in there, they probably won't break anything. Is there another way to get uncapped farming districts that's not anglers or hive worlds? 

Of note, this is also how the industrial districts flip from artisans to metallurgists to artificers. Go look in common/districts/00_urban_districts if you don't believe me.

Oh, I also added a scripted trigger thing to add is_dairy_empire = yes/no to the list of things stellaris can look at. There's quite a bit in there, so another drop in the bucket.

Note I've only done limited testing while only having a slightly outdated LV (didn't activate the newest update), the LV overwrites patch, Vanilla Framework, and UI overhaul dynamic installed.

Have fun(?)!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/01/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Lustful Void