Why the hell does Transparancy Multisampling in FO3 do this to my hair??

Dude500X

Ive narrowed it down to the multisampling option and I need to know why its doing this to my hair.  Isn't this graphics option supposed to improve hair? not turn it into.. this?  Some help would be appreciated.. hair pisses me off enough in Fallout games with its low textures but this just became the straw that broke the camels back..

What im specificially pointing out is that the hair has this ugly blurry overlay and the fringes and such are just blurred terrible messes.. UGLY

post-78952-0-71700900-1380691039_thumb.jpg

post-78952-0-98822600-1380690963_thumb.jpg

post-78952-0-51281500-1380691086_thumb.jpg

Guest luthienanarion

AMD broke transparency multisampling in one of their 2010 driver updates. I forget which one.

The easy fix is to just turn it off and try to ignore situations where transparent layers overlap. The more complex fix is strictly Works-On-My-Machine:

Follow the instructions for using D3D9Gen and copy the generated DLL to your New Vegas folder. If that fixes the problems with transparency multisampling, DO NOT overwrite this file. Ever. Not even for ENB; use the injector version.

Archived