Stop Sims undressing body details - pls help

Hi everyone.

I'm using WW not for long, but already enjoy it very much.

However I downloaded a few body detail mods such as more defined abs for my male sims, but everytime they get to it they undress themselfes losing these definitions. When they're done they dress them back up. I think it has something to do with these body mods being treated as tops and thus getting undressed, but I have no idea if I'm right and how to stop this behaviour.

Could anybody firm in the WW settings help me find out what I have to do to prevent this from happening?

Thank you very much!

6 hours ago, Belisarius7 said:

Hi everyone.

I'm using WW not for long, but already enjoy it very much.

However I downloaded a few body detail mods such as more defined abs for my male sims, but everytime they get to it they undress themselfes losing these definitions. When they're done they dress them back up. I think it has something to do with these body mods being treated as tops and thus getting undressed, but I have no idea if I'm right and how to stop this behaviour.

Could anybody firm in the WW settings help me find out what I have to do to prevent this from happening?

Thank you very much!

If the problem is that they are tops then you could edit your ww settings, yes, but that means telling ww to not undress tops during sex, and you probably do not want that. The best way to fix it is to edit that custom content so it turns into an accessory, or a skin detail, or a tatoo. You can do it with sims 4 studio, it is really easy, and it will work well most of the time. If you feel confident with sims 4 studio you could also create a "swatch" so you keep the original custom content but add a new cc that is an accessory for example, but simply editing the original will do. Now, how well this will work depends on how the original cc is made, how they did the "mapping", but it should work well most of the time. 

Take a look at the picture bellow, also you can find quick tutorials if you google it, but basically install sims 4 studio, open the custom content by clicking on "my projects", then make sure "studio" is selected, then "category", then you select what slot you want that custom content to use (accesory, a tatoo and what not), then "apply to all swatches", then save. Rename the file so you do not overwrite it if you download the original later on, remove any other copies of the original from your mods folder, delete avatarcache and localthumbscache files (in sims 4 folder), open a sim, equip the new edited custom content, try again. 

Screenshot2023-07-30105055.png.4e7a651bd03eb9076cf57e4916b0903d.png

Screenshot2023-07-30104608.thumb.png.982da19b667593baa47705788b710762.png

You could also convert it into a body part that wicked whims uses and you can choose in "body selector", but you would need to write a small snippet and play a little bit with the tunings so unless you have a little bit of experience with those things you better stay away from that. 

If you cannot figure it out yourself you can also link the custom content you have problems with and we could take a look. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
add the screenshots

Thank you very much for your response and especially for your step by step guide on how to get started.

I downloaded the S4S and opened the packages to set them from tops to chest tattoos and thought it would be a good idea to also set the outfit flags (daily, naked etc.) accordingly with the exceptions of Witch and Batuu. Though this seems to have led to the loss of the details of the body in the package overall.

I deleted the cache files before going back in game and when I changed the sim the package was shown in the tattoo row as set, but when I clicked it the body didn't change except for it to rotate back into its default position.

So I quit the game without saving, went back into S4S to re-flag the package and saw that the preview model on the left side of the studio tab was also missing any body details. To make sure I didn't break anything I loaded the original files into S4S and they are also missing the definitions in the left preview now despite being untouched by me.

So I guess in the end I did break something and have no idea how and what ?

This is the mod I have the files from: https://modthesims.info/d/560293/

Edit: Ok, after reloading the original package files into S4S the preview at least is correct again, but also after fiddling around with some settings I have the same problem in game as mentioned before.

Edited by Belisarius7