Is anybody familiar with Zero's NPC mods? I'm not on Patreon or Discord, so I can't ask him directly. And I can't find any information elsewhere.

I'm trying to tweak things so that all the NPC jobs in my custom savefile are taken by specific Sims, or at least chosen from a pool that I have built. From what I gather from his Patreon page, I should be able to shift-click on a townie and assign them a role. But I can't get it to work.

These are the mods I have installed for this.

Zero_AssignNPCRoles_Filters_Generic_NoRandomTownies.package
Zero_AssignNPCRoles_Filters_Generic_RolesFilters.package
Zero_AssignNPCRoles.package
Zero_BG_WalkbyOverhaul_AddPolicePatrolsToOtherWorlds.package
Zero_BG_WalkbyOverhaul_AddStraysToOtherWorlds.package
Zero_BG_WalkbyOverhaul_Control.package
Zero_BG_WalkbyOverhaul_Fixes.package
Zero_BG_WalkbyOverhaul_Main.package
Zero_BG_WalkbyOverhaul_Overrides.package

I've removed any other mods I thought might conflict with these. But these should, I believe, work together to mostly do what I want. There are a few others I could add, but they would break things unless I stepped in and did the assignments.

Alternatively, if there's a relatively simple way to manually assign roles without using a mod I would be interested to learn it. Even if it involves manually editing a file outside of the game. I like tinkering under the hood. I have seen something like "trait.assign_trait is_bartender". But can that be done from "manage worlds"?

The end goal, as you may figure from the listed mods, is to have each world be unique. I'm tired of seeing the same dozen characters everywhere I go when I have over 200 custom Sims in the game. And I'm tired of always seeing the same staff when I visit a lot regardless what time it is or what day. I want to see different characters in Sulani than I see in Windenberg.

Any tips, tricks, or suggested reading is welcome.

18 hours ago, SouthernGorilla said:

Is anybody familiar with Zero's NPC mods? I'm not on Patreon or Discord, so I can't ask him directly. And I can't find any information elsewhere.

I'm trying to tweak things so that all the NPC jobs in my custom savefile are taken by specific Sims, or at least chosen from a pool that I have built. From what I gather from his Patreon page, I should be able to shift-click on a townie and assign them a role. But I can't get it to work.

These are the mods I have installed for this.

Zero_AssignNPCRoles_Filters_Generic_NoRandomTownies.package
Zero_AssignNPCRoles_Filters_Generic_RolesFilters.package
Zero_AssignNPCRoles.package
Zero_BG_WalkbyOverhaul_AddPolicePatrolsToOtherWorlds.package
Zero_BG_WalkbyOverhaul_AddStraysToOtherWorlds.package
Zero_BG_WalkbyOverhaul_Control.package
Zero_BG_WalkbyOverhaul_Fixes.package
Zero_BG_WalkbyOverhaul_Main.package
Zero_BG_WalkbyOverhaul_Overrides.package

I've removed any other mods I thought might conflict with these. But these should, I believe, work together to mostly do what I want. There are a few others I could add, but they would break things unless I stepped in and did the assignments.

Alternatively, if there's a relatively simple way to manually assign roles without using a mod I would be interested to learn it. Even if it involves manually editing a file outside of the game. I like tinkering under the hood. I have seen something like "trait.assign_trait is_bartender". But can that be done from "manage worlds"?

The end goal, as you may figure from the listed mods, is to have each world be unique. I'm tired of seeing the same dozen characters everywhere I go when I have over 200 custom Sims in the game. And I'm tired of always seeing the same staff when I visit a lot regardless what time it is or what day. I want to see different characters in Sulani than I see in Windenberg.

Any tips, tricks, or suggested reading is welcome.

You assign roles if you click on your mailbox (no shift+click, just click) and choose "Assign NPC Role...":

TS4_x642023-07-2915-44-17.png.9f4ed5e667a65d46b03e9cd64420e802.png

1 hour ago, LittleRedSonja said:

You assign roles if you click on your mailbox (no shift+click, just click) and choose "Assign NPC Role...":

Thanks. I figured that out about ten minutes after posting this thread. I thought you had to click on Sims to set their roles. The mailbox is a much better interface.