Possible to disable 3d preview in inventory and crafting window?

Itski

It IS possible, however, you would have to go through and remove each of them one by one on your own. That's a LOT of changes that would have to be made. Also note that if you removed these, the items when thrown on the ground, well, wouldn't be there. You lose the ability to have a ground object, as that is tied to the same nif for inventory and crafting.

I know your pain, it's why when I made the crafting overhaul to my Celestials Mod all the new pieces ( over 250 ) got changed to a box in the inventory \ crafting window. I know it sucks not being able to preview what the item looks like both in crafting and in the inventory, but I had thought and hoped it will really cut down on any issues my users had while scrolling through the crafting menus full of a metric asston of items.

The inventory \ crafting menu \ ground object NIF is located in the armor or weapon section of the Creation kit. Find an item and double click it for the new window to appear. You're looking for the world model as highlighted in the screenshot below

post-36568-0-28197700-1380570253_thumb.jpg

Click edit and a new window will appear. 

post-36568-0-31670100-1380570388_thumb.jpg

Click edit and after the next new window opens click CANCEL

post-36568-0-06926200-1380570434_thumb.jpg

You will notice the Model file name is now empty. Click ok

post-36568-0-12725100-1380570483_thumb.jpg

Make sure both World model boxes are empty. If they are click ok

post-36568-0-93939800-1380570523_thumb.jpg

Don't forget to save your changes!

post-36568-0-69107100-1380570558_thumb.jpg

Load up the game and you can see that the world model is now gone!

post-36568-0-98421700-1380570593_thumb.jpg

REMEMBER WHAT I SAID. YOU HAVE TO DO THIS FOR EVERY ITEM YOU NO LONGER WISH TO HAVE AN INVENTORY ICON! IT'S A LOT OF WORK BUT IS DOABLE!

Good luck.

That's SkyUI's problem. Well, not actually SkyUI's... Some items you have in inventory have too heavy ground model or incorrectly exported ground model(happens a lot with all the mods around). When you open your inventory SkyUI starts loading all the previews(that's how SkyUI works), and stumbles into this incorrect or heavy mesh. Then your Skyrim freezes, crashes or something, depending on what's gone wrong.

That's SkyUI's problem. Well, not actually SkyUI's... Some items you have in inventory have too heavy ground model or incorrectly exported ground model(happens a lot with all the mods around). When you open your inventory SkyUI starts loading all the previews(that's how SkyUI works), and stumbles into this incorrect or heavy mesh. Then your Skyrim freezes, crashes or something, depending on what's gone wrong.

Another reason I made all my new craftables a plain box icon. I knew it worked and was light on the load. Plus it made it pretty easy to not have to make a crap ton of ground nifs when I was able to just pick the same one over and over. Throw the item on the ground, little box. Crafting menu, little box, inventory menu, little box. Those nifs are not tied to the actual game model displayed when you EQUIP the armor \ weapon item, so no, no one is wearing a little box :P

Archived