Newbie to Skyrim Modding, and a bit overwhelmed - could use some help?

Hello to you all.  I was linked to LoversLab via different mods that I think would really make Skyrim fun for me.  Specifically the "Bimbos of Skyrim" and the "Being a Cow" ones.  I've been trying to set it all up, but I'm having some serious roadblocks.  Even from the start when trying to downgrade to patch 1.5.97.0 as I've been recommended, I've had no luck.  Using the USSEDP here -https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61756?tab=description - it doesn't seem to keep me logged in and doesn't allow give me an option to begin the download.  I tired the other version here too - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618?tab=description - but that didn't work either.  I see a line that says "Error! Could not find file F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Skyrim - Misc.bsa'." and the .exe file still says version 1.6.640.0

At this point I will take all the help I can get if someone has the time.  I've been overwhelmed trying to wrap my head around this and just unable to understand how to get this all working.  Between all the requirements and check lists, it's quite daunting and being a rough barrier of entry for me.  

Appreciate ya reading and thank ya for any advice/help!  

The downloader one (assuming its using Steam and not some illegal copies) most likely doesn't work because the old depots have been removed. The patcher one as I understand it uses binary delta information to transform one file into another. It doesn't work without the original file, because it doesn't contain either of them. Easier to get past copyright issues with something like this.

If you haven't already, reinstall Skyrim from Steam by clicking the "verify integrity of game files" button. Make sure the bsa file appears in the Data directory, it should be there.

Edited by traison

So a fresh install did help with one of the patchers.  It did at least get the downgrade one functional.  I had a friend walking me through some stuff as well as I went and got all the required mods for Bimbos of Skyrim added in through Vortex.  Here's where it got "Fun"
The opening cutscene plays and the camera is positioned in the kart as if I'm the driver.  Getting to the first gate has the cart crash and no other parts of the cutscene trigger.  Figured I'd try and get a save past the Intro so I run a profile with no mods.  Boot it up and camera is in the right spot, but now the cart isn't moving at all, even with the dialogue proceeding.  
Try another fresh install through Steam with downgrading to 1.5.97 and it's the same thing.  The downgrade seem to break the opening cutscene.  
That's without even knowing if all the other mods will work if I manage to get past this.  I have no idea where it could have gone wrong.  I'm pausing for the night out of just being tired and frustrated, but at least this was more progress then I was having before, heh.  

The intro sequence is notoriously touchy with mods. I'd say the real reason is timing, but I never looked into it. Its perhaps the biggest reason why modders use Alternate Start and pick something other than Vanilla start. I find the Riverwood Inn is a great place to start a "vanilla" dragonborn character.

As a random thought, I wonder if I even need to downgrade to the last SE version for the mods I wish to use?  I'm kind of following advice when I first noticed the mods I wanted to use and going off the assumption that these are only compatible with 1.5.97.  I had believed that trying to play of the AE patches would break Bimbo and Cow.  I have no idea though since all this is basically new to me.  I guess things to experiment with, but if anyone has answers if "Being a Cow" and "Bimbos of Skyrim" function on the latest versions of Skyrim, please let me know.  Thank you again for your time and assistance.  

3 minutes ago, traison said:

The intro sequence is notoriously touchy with mods. I'd say the real reason is timing, but I never looked into it. Its perhaps the biggest reason why modders use Alternate Start and pick something other than Vanilla start. I find the Riverwood Inn is a great place to start a "vanilla" dragonborn character.

My friend had recommended to try the Alternate Start, but it looked to only function on AE patches.  So I thought it was a bust.  

If they do not contain dll files there's a good chance they will work on AE as-is. The biggest change was between LE and SE, but those days are behind us now for the most part. That is to say, if Being a Cow or Bimbos of Skyrim are LE mods then it may be a bit optimistic hoping they will run without issues.

Edit:

2 minutes ago, Mjrsrck said:

Alternate Start, but it looked to only function on AE patches

I have Alternate Start - Live Another Life-272-4-1-4-1608766947.7z archived. This works on 1.5.97 because that's the version I use. I can make it available for download if its not available from official sources.

Edited by traison
8 minutes ago, traison said:

I have Alternate Start - Live Another Life-272-4-1-4-1608766947.7z archived. This works on 1.5.97 because that's the version I use. I can make it available for download if its not available from official sources.

If possible I could use that?  Searching on Nexus gets me this for Live Another Life but it only offers the most recent version - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/272 - but the requirement for that is Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch, and that only runs on Special Edition 1.6.629 or greater.  

Vor 11 Minuten sagte traison:

Die Intro-Sequenz ist bekanntermaßen empfindlich gegenüber Mods. Ich würde sagen, der wahre Grund ist das Timing, aber ich habe mich nie damit befasst. Dies ist vielleicht der Hauptgrund, warum Modder Alternate Start verwenden und etwas anderes als Vanilla Start wählen. Ich finde, dass das Riverwood Inn ein großartiger Ort ist, um einen „Vanilla“-Drachengeborenen zu gründen.

When I created the introductory chapter for my blog story - which completely covers the "vanilla" start in Helgen - I deliberately didn't install a mod that changed anything in terms of clothing, lighting or whatever ... just the bare essentials to keep things stable. only the most necessary so that the "stuff" runs stable.

Spoiler

And the first real chapter starts in the "Sleeping Giant" in Flusswald ... via the LAL start

Spoiler

besides, this is a good possibility to test the function and stability of the mods installed in single steps

Poking around the site a bit too I found this Compatibility Tracker thread here - This seems to let you know if certain mods work on the 1.6.640 version from my understanding?  I do apologize because the whole difference between SE and AE and where it all changes over to AE gets me a bit confused.  

Good news is the Alternate Start that Traison did at least get me into the game!  So that's one good thing.  I'm exhausted though at this point and need to get some rest.  Will have to start testing individual things when I'm able to.  

Thank you again everyone who's commented here.  It's very much apprecaited!