Penis size adjustments only affect hard state?

Every time I customise a sim's penis size (length, girth, etc.) in the personalisation settings, the changes are only visible when the penis is erect. How can I tweak the soft penis size (if it's possible)? It seems odd that those customisations wouldn't apply to the penis in both states, so I'm wondering if I'm overlooking something or maybe having a mod conflict.

As you know, for the penis slider to work, you need to incorporate its instructions in the XML.

Below is a quote from WW.

Resource type for a penis slider is Sim Modifier (0xC5F6763E).

Technically the sliders functionality is not limited to only hard penis body type variants, as a fully rigged soft penis mesh will still dynamically adjust to slider manipulation.

And I am just guessing, but it probably has to do with whether or not you have a penis rig set up for soft penises as well. In the past cases we have had no penis rigs because the animation and critical objects tended to cause problems with soft penises. But now that the slider is functioning with that penis rig, the soft penis also has to be set up with the rig.
In any case, the old data doesn't work very well; I think if you set up a soft penis rig in blender, or you open S4S and modify the XML it will work.

Edited by Super anal fucker meiko
  • 2 months later...
On 7/14/2023 at 10:58 PM, Super anal fucker meiko said:

As you know, for the penis slider to work, you need to incorporate its instructions in the XML.

Below is a quote from WW.

Resource type for a penis slider is Sim Modifier (0xC5F6763E).

Technically the sliders functionality is not limited to only hard penis body type variants, as a fully rigged soft penis mesh will still dynamically adjust to slider manipulation.

And I am just guessing, but it probably has to do with whether or not you have a penis rig set up for soft penises as well. In the past cases we have had no penis rigs because the animation and critical objects tended to cause problems with soft penises. But now that the slider is functioning with that penis rig, the soft penis also has to be set up with the rig.
In any case, the old data doesn't work very well; I think if you set up a soft penis rig in blender, or you open S4S and modify the XML it will work.

I'm sorry I only just noticed your reply, but thank you for your time! (And no, in response to your other comment, I wasn't trolling by asking in the first place.) I don't know how to use Blender, but I might be able to edit the XML in Sims4Studio if I can figure out how to add the slider resource to the soft penis file. Do you happen to know if there's any existing documentation about such things that I could check out for reference?

1 hour ago, apollosims said:

I'm sorry I only just noticed your reply, but thank you for your time! (And no, in response to your other comment, I wasn't trolling by asking in the first place.) I don't know how to use Blender, but I might be able to edit the XML in Sims4Studio if I can figure out how to add the slider resource to the soft penis file. Do you happen to know if there's any existing documentation about such things that I could check out for reference?

Refer to the explanation of the custom CAS parts and configure as follows.

https://turbodriver.itch.io/wickedwhims/devlog/137359/support-for-custom-cas-parts

Open the snippet tuning in S4S and insert this below the part where you want to set the CAS ID.

Spoiler
      <U n="penis_sliders"> <!-- REMOVE IF NOT A 'PENIS_HARD' PART TYPE VARIANT -->
        <T n="length_slider_low">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID of the Low Length Slider resource. -->
        <T n="length_slider_high">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID of the High Length Slider resource. -->
        <T n="girth_slider_low">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID of the Low Girth Slider resource. -->
        <T n="girth_slider_high">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID of the High Girth Slider resource. -->
        <T n="testicles_slider_low">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID of the Low Testicles Slider resource. -->
        <T n="testicles_slider_high">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID of the High Testicles Slider resource. -->
        <T n="testicles_asymmetry_slider_low">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID of the Low Testicles Asymmetry Slider resource. -->
        <T n="testicles_asymmetry_slider_high">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID of the High Testicles Asymmetry Slider resource. -->
        <T n="tilt_vertical_slider_low">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID of the Low Vertical Tilt Slider resource. -->
        <T n="tilt_vertical_slider_high">0</T> <!-- Numerical ID of the High Vertical Tilt Slider resource. -->
      </U> <!-- REMOVE IF NOT A 'PENIS_HARD' PART TYPE VARIANT -->

Replace all 0 values in the penis slider description with 0xC5F6763E.
Please note that while some penises may work, a soft penis without a bone rig will not. To do this, you need to use blender to set up the penis bone.

4 hours ago, Super anal fucker meiko said:

Please note that while some penises may work, a soft penis without a bone rig will not. To do this, you need to use blender to set up the penis bone.

Thank you so much for your help, and so quickly! Do you know by chance if Simdulgence's do? I tried editing the XML in S4S just like you described, but unfortunately no change in game, so I'm guessing either I'm doing something wrong, or Simdulgence's soft penises don't have bone rigs. ?