3BA issues... nearly at the end of my rope

Started this morning with Skyrim crashing on menu screen... deactivated every mod and then began reactivating one by one to find the culprit. I use 3BA as it supposedly comes with a physics config already and I already had the HDT extensions necessary. The culprit turned out to be CPBC, which straight up would crash the game on menu any time it was loaded, whether 3BA was activated or not. Took around 2 hours. It didn't used to do this either - as in literally a week ago it was working fine with only occasional random CTDs. No changes had been made from that point a week ago. 
Deactivated the offending mods and reloaded the game to find my Argonian PC's tail was textureless... ok fine I'll just reinstall the textures... Did that, and now physics won't work. At all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all manner of combinations of 3BA, HDT PE, Fast HDT, you name it I've tried it. I straight up can't find anything wrong with the physics setup but it continues to refuse to work. I've spent an additional 4 hours scouring the internet for any hope of someone having a similar problem after reactivating all of their mods to no avail. 

Before you ask, yes, I've batch-built the desired body in Bodyslide after every reinstall, and ticked the "Build Morphs" box. Every time. 

Load order attached. Game is on 1.5.97. 

If I can't figure anything out I'm probably just gonna uninstall/reinstall everything. 

LoadOrder_SkyrimSE_2023-07-01T17-50-06.txt