[DOA5LR Mod Release] 1080p Story Mode and Intro Movies

Hey everyone,

I'm releasing a mod that replaces the 720p versions of the story mode movies with the 1080p versions from the PS4 version (+ the PS4 video file of the intro). I also fixed issues that appeared when straight up converting the PS4 movie files to wmv.

How to install:

1. Download the files from this link: https://mega.nz/file/ptlmHJqQ#hZ9wGNchrGv8Qnl-GIGL-gztbEgFHWSEn_MLSuGv53Y
  2. Open them with your favorite decompression tool (7zip, Winrar, etc...)
  3. Drag and drop the content/decompress the files at the root of your "DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round" folder and replace everything. If you want to keep the original files, copy/cut ninja_vi.wmv and the movie folder beforehand to another directory. If you haven't saved them, you can stil verify the integrity of the game files on Steam and it will replace them with the original ones.

Additional infos:

• The intro is already at 1080p but it seems like the audio bitrate of the PS4 version is higher (it might be transcoded however).
  • DM053_02_FULL.wmv and DM069_01_FULL.wmv don't have direct equivalents in the PS4 version so they weren't modified, however, they don't seem to matter much. The first one seems to be a test render of one of the scenes in the game and the second one is Christie drinking for 5 seconds. Inversely, DM032_01_FULL (a video of Akane and Hayate talking to Helena with no sound like the other movie files on the PS4/PC versions) isn't present in the PC version so if you don't care about it, you can delete it and save some space.
  • Speaking about space, once uncompressed, the videos weight a little bit more than 4 go in total. I tried as much as possible to keep it as close to lossless compared to the PS4 version which explains the size. This might affect loading times or cause slowdowns just before/while the game loads those specific cutscenes depending on your computer (when you launch the game, in story mode or in the movie player). If the loading time is longer when you launch the game, you can just put back the original ninja_vi but seeing the size difference between the two, it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Lipsync seems to be the same as the base game.

Spoiler

If you wanna compress the files yourself, here are the uncompressed files: https://mega.nz/file/M81CDSbJ#72yU7cF7XE7lNEwo0rV0kDW16NGEp3_BbnqI1sGpVDs. Be aware however that since those are untouched, they don't have the fixes that I've made (volume adjustment on the intro, adding back 5 frames to one movie file, fix length issues on like a third of the files even if some videos are the same length as the PC version). I would recommand to verify in-game if the videos don't cutoff too early, whether by playing them in story mode or in the extras menu, that's what I did for all of them.

• 3 weeks later...