I am making a custom follower - I want to know about SL and the many mods for it and what I can do.

I am working on a custom follower mod, Eventually will be fully voiced etc. 

My thought is that I want it to be a LL only SL integrated follower. 

Right now its just a basic working follower with some custom dialogue for the very basic vanilla functions. 

I want to make as SL friendly and take advantage of possible integrations and features at as many opportunities as I can. I know that most of the mods will automatically just be applied because they are in the game. 

I want to take advantage of some of them with the follower even if its just dialogue and Voice lines. Just whatever I can do. 

I even wonder if its possible like with some of the defeat mods who have "rescuers" That the follower could actually attempt to rescue, in stead of just standing there. 

Little things like that is what I am talking about. Small opportunities. 

Problem is, this is my first Skyrim mod. Any my first mod in so many years I don't want to say how long. So I am not sure exactly what I can and cant do. 

My initial thoughts is really more going to be about dialogue and hooking into that in the SL mods so that the follower could recognize them. 

I don't know I am capable of that currently but I suppose I can figure it out with time. One bit at a time. I don't want to get to complicated because to many masters etc. 

Right now there are just the basic in game masters and a hair and eyebrow. So its still fairly light in the requirements. I am ready to do a V1.0.0 WIP release. 

I could not figure out how to make the follower actually use given DD Items or toys so for the time being I removed all of those masters and kept it basic. 

They just kept them in their inventory till I told them to get dressed, then they equip them. But the devices were not locked. So I am guessing I need something more to make that happen like DD Equip or something. I really like the Idea of SL mod compatibility and some actual interaction. 

Can any one offer any advice or direction? I am not looking to solve all of these issues today, just eventually and maybe have some direction and plans. 

In the meantime I will keep fiddling around. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Saint_Olaf

With regard to too many masters, you can create a patch for your companion that includes the integration you seem to want. That would keep the peas from touching the mashed potatoes and be safer in case something breaks down the line (or you change your mind entirely.) You can also use SSEEdit to remove unused masters quite easily. With the hair and brows, you can remove the dependency and bundle them with your companion, assuming you've permission, thus removing another pair of dependencies.

Have you looked through the sexlabframework script and the scripts for DD? They're annotated and basically explain how they work and how to use their calls. If that's too much, look through mods similar to what you're trying to do and figure out how they did it. If that's still even too much, use cadenblack's booty call mod (it's on another site) which is a sort of training wheels mod that already has SL scripting attached to dialog that you can use, at least until you figure out what you're doing and how to do it. Also ask yourself if what you are trying to do with your follower is worth the labor as a lot of mods exist already that will add sex dialog or add defeat events, why reinvent the wheel? I'm sure you have your reasons, it's just something to consider if you begin to feel overwhelmed and discouraged.