[COSTUME CUSTOMIZER Monochrome BUG] WHAT is this bug making Costume Customizer clothes lose color?

Some time ago there was an update that did it and to fix it the authors of these mods in their posts described how to fix it. So you need to look for the answer in the right place, e.g. SavageMoonBoy made a special file that automatically fixes it, but only his mods, for others you need to find a solution with the appropriate authors

7 hours ago, Yorom said:

Some time ago there was an update that did it and to fix it the authors of these mods in their posts described how to fix it. So you need to look for the answer in the right place, e.g. SavageMoonBoy made a special file that automatically fixes it, but only his mods, for others you need to find a solution with the appropriate authors

yea but there's got to be a simpler way than manually replacing the buf's one by one. ask chat gpt or something how to fix it i am not a coder but i know there's an easier way somehow. it should be possible to make it reference something else virtually so you dont even need those files or something. reference to something else thats higher in hierarchy than the files that decide what color it is. reference it to a new mod that makes custom colors for all clothes. idk . i hate how this game every month it fucks itself up cause i love this game 

I see this question frequently, so please refer to it even if you are not a Topic Author.

As a prerequisite,d3dx and CostumeCustomizer should be up to date.

The way to deal with it depends on who made it.

SavageMoonBoy
After placing the mod, overwrite it with the Buf file he distributes.

Maasim
Please try re-downloading. If it still doesn't work, try the following.

Other Modders
Download CCModPackGenerator, load the CostumeCustomizerModConfig for the outfit with the problem, and modify the PS-CB2 entry to be blank,and overwrite it.
Make changes for each tab marked Chest/Shirt(1), Bras(2), etc. The more body types and colors supported, the more items to modify.

Edited by Sonemi Kusonemi

Savagemoonboy has streamlined updating his Buf files.  So far he's been on top of rereleasing them every time an update breaks the bufs.  What I do is whenever a non SMB mod breaks, I put Savage Moon Boys buf files into the mod folder and update the mod to use Savage Moon Boys.  (This involves knowing a bit about updating CC mods, admittedly).

Then, when SavageMoonBoy releases his updated mods, he also puts out a .exe file which adds his buf files to every folder in in CC.  (Maybe you can specify folder numbsers, I forget, but I just put them in EVERY folder prsonally).  That kind of future-proofs mods from breaking as long as SMB keeps putting out updates for his buf files.

Or you can just remove the reference to the buf file entirely, which is fairly easy to do.

6 hours ago, SolomonSTB1973 said:

Savagemoonboy has streamlined updating his Buf files.  So far he's been on top of rereleasing them every time an update breaks the bufs.  What I do is whenever a non SMB mod breaks, I put Savage Moon Boys buf files into the mod folder and update the mod to use Savage Moon Boys.  (This involves knowing a bit about updating CC mods, admittedly).

Then, when SavageMoonBoy releases his updated mods, he also puts out a .exe file which adds his buf files to every folder in in CC.  (Maybe you can specify folder numbsers, I forget, but I just put them in EVERY folder prsonally).  That kind of future-proofs mods from breaking as long as SMB keeps putting out updates for his buf files.

Or you can just remove the reference to the buf file entirely, which is fairly easy to do.

yea i have been going through and deleting any reference to pscb2 buf in every costume. it is time consuming but i assume that is  what you're talking about here

8 hours ago, SolomonSTB1973 said:

i got savagemoon boy to work but how do you replace the non smb mods? i tried figuring out myself

UPDATE: For some mods, you can directly copy the buf from savagemoonboy and place it in the buf file for your costume . then you change any reference to the old buf file in the costumecustomizer.xml of that costume to the new name. Such as alphaextrashine instead of alpha1_pscb2.buf or whatever. then run update.bat and press f10. some mods do not work like this so i am investigating those 

Update.bat brings all of SMB's buf files uptodate, ie, should work properly instead of looking BandW.

I'm suggesting you put his buf files into other mods and edit the mods to use SMB's buf files.  I would have thought if you had any problems THAT would be the part one would have problems with.  If you know how to edit a mod file to point to a different buf and it's still not working that's certainly odd.  Try deleting all references to the buf file.  The colors won't "pop" like they do with a buf file but they'll at least be not black and white any more.