Hazmat Suite missing lens or hair missing

In the current playthrough, I've noticed that the hazmat suit doesn't have a visor. That wouldn't bother me, but my character doesn't have hair in his helmet either.
This also affects the vanilla suit, I tested that. What could be the cause? Or how does my character in the helmet get their hair back?

image.png.99da400110551f8d6d8cad1a54b998ab.png

the transparency on the suit is from armoursmith extended, and also i think it's also responsible for the hair thing? I think by default its set to show the brotherhood set with a cap underneath, but it looks like you have maybe modded the original BoS outfit so instead of having a skintight suit covering the head, the head is empty and its removing the hair because it's still keyworded to ignore clipping with the BoS Suit. It should be something you can modify in armoursmith extended by changing the keywords on the armor.

Edited by AKawaiiTent
5 hours ago, deathmorph said:

In the current playthrough, I've noticed that the hazmat suit doesn't have a visor. That wouldn't bother me, but my character doesn't have hair in his helmet either.
This also affects the vanilla suit, I tested that. What could be the cause? Or how does my character in the helmet get their hair back?

image.png.99da400110551f8d6d8cad1a54b998ab.png

Don't why the glass is missing (or how armorsmith works if using it) you should check the mod you are using maybe it's a bug but the missing hair is probably due to armor covering head slots (hair top...). Try removing all the head slots in xedit (for both armor and arma)

Edited by lee3310
3 hours ago, lee3310 said:

Don't why the glass is missing (or how armorsmith works if using it) you should check the mod you are using maybe it's a bug but the missing hair is probably due to armor covering head slots (hair top...). Try removing all the head slots in xedit (for both armor and arma)

its using the keyword system AWKCR( from the same author) to mark the outfit as something that should hide hair, because the author made all hats/helmets show hair by default with armorsmith, and changed the visors on helmets to show the head because they also made eyewear/masks wearable under helmets. But for some of the helmets, like the hazmat suit, they had to use their keyword framework to hide the hair, and added a skintight cap to the player (using the BoS suit) so they wouldn't be bald. But it looks like from the picture the OP changed the BoS suit thats underneath the hazmat suit,  you can see underwear lines.

Here's a picture from the Armorsmith extended nexus page that shows what the hazmat suit should look like.

2228-1-1454523129.jpg

19 minutes ago, AKawaiiTent said:

Here's a picture from the Armorsmith extended nexus page that shows what the hazmat suit should look like.

The mod I'm using here is called Ghaan's Revealing Fusion Girl Outfits. Here's what the suit looks like:

Spoiler

image.png.fd45e3e0c12489a01690113a443b2827.png

I remember not having this problem with the visor on the last playthrough. So I must have done something that is causing the problem.
As already written, the problem also occurs with the standard hazmat with deactivated Ghaans. Look here:

image.png.a8907027bbdbbf251279b897ea38496b.png

It's night in game, but should be recognizable.

@lee3310
I'll tackle the hair thing, I'd prefer the helmet with the visor for the time being. There must be a reason.

9 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

The mod I'm using here is called Ghaan's Revealing Fusion Girl Outfits. Here's what the suit looks like:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.fd45e3e0c12489a01690113a443b2827.png

I remember not having this problem with the visor on the last playthrough. So I must have done something that is causing the problem.
As already written, the problem also occurs with the standard hazmat with deactivated Ghaans. Look here:

image.png.a8907027bbdbbf251279b897ea38496b.png

It's night in game, but should be recognizable.

@lee3310
I'll tackle the hair thing, I'd prefer the helmet with the visor for the time being. There must be a reason.

Seems similair to a glass texture issue i was having while working on my cyropod mod. Visual spell effects (the ice forming on the glass in my mods case) caused the glass to lose all opacity. I'm curious if it happens on a new save or if its only happening on that specific save.

if its happening on all saves its probably a texture problem with the glass texture the suit is using, if its only on the 1 save its a bug (one that i have no idea how to fix unfortunately)

edit: 1 more thing i thought of is re:shade or ENB can both also change glass textures, but it doesnt' look like ur using either.

Edited by AKawaiiTent
23 minutes ago, AKawaiiTent said:

1 more thing i thought of is re:shade or ENB can both also change glass textures, but it doesnt' look like ur using either.

My suspicion was the Clearer Glasses mod, but I still have the error after deactivating it.
The lens appears to be completely absent or 100% transparent.
I use NAC-ENB as ENB, but the screenshots always look worse than in the game itself. But I had used it before.

It looks like this in xedit, but I don't know where to look for errors.

Spoiler

image.png.b03452bed793100fe6dd7ea37fc4dae8.png

33 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

My suspicion was the Clearer Glasses mod, but I still have the error after deactivating it.
The lens appears to be completely absent or 100% transparent.
I use NAC-ENB as ENB, but the screenshots always look worse than in the game itself. But I had used it before.

It looks like this in xedit, but I don't know where to look for errors.

Hide contents

image.png.b03452bed793100fe6dd7ea37fc4dae8.png

I extracted the BA2 file from armorsmith extended and found

2124127146_Screenshot2023-06-18050628.png.3c3d414ded45413f71539f2a6a61b7d1.png

This would suggest Armoursmith extended uses its own glass/helmet textures , and its own material file.

893105790_Screenshot2023-06-18051901.png.402c0afe5d048e5e149d202d352a823b.png

the material file for the glass requires all 4 of the .dds (texture) files shown here in material editor.

so something is either replacing the armorsmith extended glass textures, or the shinyglass_e cubemap

if  you go to vortex or MO2 there should be a right click option on the mod to see conflicting files and to see which mod its set to use.

Edited by AKawaiiTent
11 minutes ago, AKawaiiTent said:

If its not showing anything conflicting I don't mind making a quick 7zip files with the texture/materials I extracted and posting them here for you to plop into the bottom of your load order and see if it fixes it.

According to Vortex, Armorsmith extends has no conflicts with other mods. So I would like to try the zip/7zip you created.

I'm just thinking if there could be other suits where I could verify the problem, but I can't think of anything.

I still have an idea, I'll test something.

5 minutes ago, AKawaiiTent said:

hopefully that works for you. if not, It could be a mod changing which material the hazmat suit is using so it would have to be something lower in the load order than armorsmith

Thank you for your effort, unfortunately it didn't work.
You mean it might be due to a load order?

14 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Thank you for your effort, unfortunately it didn't work.
You mean it might be due to a load order?

It could be a load order issue if something is replacing the material file attached to the nif in the esp.

The "helmet" material file doesn't actually have the glass in it, so what could be happening is something is causing the glass.bgem file to not load, so the texture just sees empty space instead of the glass.

edit: for example, I could make blue textures for the hazmat suit, go into creation kit and make an esp that loads these blue textures instead. It won't show up as a conflict because the nif file isn't being edited its just being told by the esp to do a material swap.

Edited by AKawaiiTent
10 minutes ago, AKawaiiTent said:

It could be a load order issue if something is replacing the material file attached to the nif in the esp.

The "helmet" material file doesn't actually have the glass in it, so what could be happening is something is causing the glass.bgem file to not load, so the texture just sees empty space instead of the glass.

edit: for example, I could make blue textures for the hazmat suit, go into creation kit and make an esp that loads these blue textures instead. It won't show up as a conflict because the nif file isn't being edited its just being told by the esp to do a material swap.

I have tested loading the armorsmith extended esp after the clouthingoverhaul esp. The helmet glass isn't there either, but then my character no longer has a face. Then the head is gone.
So that wasn't the cause either.
I'm open to any attempt :)

5 minutes ago, AKawaiiTent said:

i'm curious if it happens on a fresh new game character or an old save. I've had experience with similar glass material files breaking for that save file forever.

I'll go see if I can find the safe when I cleared the base under the diner with Deacon. I'm right back.

My wife has lunch on the table right now, I'll be in touch afterwards. I always do what my wife says :D

Besides, thanks to lee's suggestion, I solved the problem with the hair, it looks like this. Would be acceptable to me as a temporary solution.

image.png.ed19e977072ede0f08ba60996b8ba278.png