No animations with Player Character

Hi all, I recently installed SexLab for the first time!  I used to run Sexis and SD months and months ago.  I cleaned out all the Sexis and other non-sexlab related mods, and I have Sexlab working, just not when one of the selected actors is the player character.

First I tried radiant prostitution, and the player can be solicited, the npc will follow her somewhere, but when I go to start the act, they just stand there looking at each other.  I can then request pay and the NPC walks away as I assume they should.

I read the FAQ and it recommended trying another mod to start the Sexlab animations, so I grabbed matchmaker.  I can start sex between two NPCs and that all seems to go normally.  If I select the player as one of the actors though, I get the same problem as with radiant prostitution.  I'll even get a box asking if I want to use a nearby bed, but regardless of the answer nothing else happens (no stripping, no sex).

I have the latest SKSE, and I redownloaded XPMS and got that installed.  Body wise I'm using UNPBB.  I also updated SkyUI.  And I've disabled every other mod I have installed.  And I made sure to rerun FNIS each time I changed a related mod.

I saw another thread about the new NMM screwing up txt files so I disabled that and reinstalled all the Sexlab mods. 

At one point months ago I was using Children of the Sky.  That has been removed, but it seems to have screwed up some of the presets.  Maybe that has something to do with it?  The character I tried was a vanilla nord race, and I even tried setrace to make sure it was set as Nord.

At this point I'm looking at just wiping Skyrim and reinstalling (probably should anyway) but I figured I'd ask if anyone has any ideas for me.  I'd rather not if I can get away without it  just because I now have a download cap from my ISP and I don't know how much that will affect me, so I don't want to do any big downloads if I don't have to.  Also, is there some way I might be able to trap an error message if one is occurring?

Appreciate any help!  And thanks for all the cool mods!

If it's only happening to your PC but NPC's can have sex normally I'm guessing you might have PCEA installed or some other mod that changes the players animation path. Posting your load order may help narrow down any conflicts. If you do have PCEA installed I think you have to do more than just uncheck the esp to uninstall it you also have to delete the behavior files or FNIS will still see the mod the uninstall instructions are on the mod page PCEA

Thanks for replying! 

Definitely don't have PCEA, I remember looking at it and seeing that it did not play nice with sex mods "back in the day".  I'll post my load order when I can get to the gaming pc.

If I could I'd like to throw in another question:  Should I be using FNIS 3.5 or 4.0beta?  And since I'm at 3.5 would that possibly be the cause?  Kinda doubt it since NPCs work but maybe...

Archived