Wicked Whims still not working

Hello, 

I downloaded 174h, 174b and the latest WW versions but still none of them work, although the files do appear in the mod menu. The game doesnt crash, functions properly and the "update needed"  advice doesnt appear at the start of the game . Idk what to do :(

My game version is  1.94.147.1030

Newest WW will never work with your game version, because it needs the infants patch to be functional.

For your game version 174h should be the one.

Do you get a popup that WW is working, when you enter a game? Do you by chance also have Wonderful Whims installed? That mod does the same as Wicked just withouth sex animations.

Did you try WW as standalone mod withouth anything else in mods folder? Or in a new, clean save file (sometimes save file can be bugged).

Did you play with WW previously? Was it working? What did you do before it stopped working if it was going okay before?

21 hours ago, mcromance said:

Newest WW will never work with your game version, because it needs the infants patch to be functional.

For your game version 174h should be the one.

Do you get a popup that WW is working, when you enter a game? Do you by chance also have Wonderful Whims installed? That mod does the same as Wicked just withouth sex animations.

Did you try WW as standalone mod withouth anything else in mods folder? Or in a new, clean save file (sometimes save file can be bugged).

Did you play with WW previously? Was it working? What did you do before it stopped working if it was going okay before?

I don't get the pop up, I don't have Wonderful Whims and I did try the mod as standalone. 

I redownloaded the game a few days ago so I started from scratch and haven't created any sim yet (except for testing), but on previous games the mod did work. Maybe its conflicting with another mod i don't know.

However I haven't tried a new save file and tbh i don't know how to do that, could you explain please ? Thank you !

Edited by 5487452415
1 hour ago, 5487452415 said:

I don't get the pop up, I don't have Wonderful Whims and I did try the mod as standalone. 

I redownloaded the game a few days ago so I started from scratch and haven't created any sim yet (except for testing), but on previous games the mod did work. Maybe its conflicting with another mod i don't know.

However I haven't tried a new save file and tbh i don't know how to do that, could you explain please ? Thank you !

It's strange that you got game version 1.94.147.1030 if you started game from scratch few days ago... EA app (or Origin if you're on Mac) would download and install the newest game version at the time with newest update, so 1.97.62.1020.

Anyway. To create new save file:

Move your save, tray and mods folders out of Sims 4 folder in Documents > start the game > close it when you get to main menu.

Game will generate those folders anew.

Put WW alone with few animations in the newly created mods folder for testing and open the game to check if it works.

If it won't work you can try repairing the game in EA app/Origin, then try again.

On 5/30/2023 at 10:02 PM, mcromance said:

It's strange that you got game version 1.94.147.1030 if you started game from scratch few days ago... EA app (or Origin if you're on Mac) would download and install the newest game version at the time with newest update, so 1.97.62.1020.

Anyway. To create new save file:

Move your save, tray and mods folders out of Sims 4 folder in Documents > start the game > close it when you get to main menu.

Game will generate those folders anew.

Put WW alone with few animations in the newly created mods folder for testing and open the game to check if it works.

If it won't work you can try repairing the game in EA app/Origin, then try again.

None of that worked :(

On 5/30/2023 at 8:39 PM, 5487452415 said:

The only way to have version 1.94 installed if you reinstalled the game a few days ago is by using a pirate version of the game, and you are not going to get support for that here. If you have an original game then upload your wickedwhimsinfolog.log here (that file will be in your sims 4 folder) so we can take a look at what other mods you have that might be conflicting with wicked whims and other possible problems. If you do not have that file then start the game, enter live mode, and wicked whims will generate it. If you have a recent lastexception file upload it here too. 

56 minutes ago, LittleRedSonja said:

The only way to have version 1.94 installed if you reinstalled the game a few days ago is by using a pirate version of the game, and you are not going to get support for that here. If you have an original game then upload your wickedwhimsinfolog.log here (that file will be in your sims 4 folder) so we can take a look at what other mods you have that might be conflicting with wicked whims and other possible problems. If you do not have that file then start the game, enter live mode, and wicked whims will generate it. If you have a recent lastexception file upload it here too. 

I tried WW as the only mod in the folder so I don't think its conflicting with other mods. 

WickedWhimsInfoLog.log

1 hour ago, 5487452415 said:

I tried WW as the only mod in the folder so I don't think its conflicting with other mods. 

WickedWhimsInfoLog.log 378 B · 1 download

The log is empty. You have to start the game and go in live mode. Also, it is important that you have some animations installed too, not only wicked whims, or you will not be able to do much. 

If you have the tuning file and the script file of wicked whims in the mods folder, and no more than 1 folder deep, no other conflicting mods installed, a few animations packs installed, and your version of wicked whims is compatible with your version of the game, then perhaps the problem is your ww settings? 

What is exactly what "does not work"? Do you see the "wicked" menu when you click on objects, floor or sims? If you don't make sure "discreet mode" is OFF and "sex switch" is ON in your game settings (depending on the version of wicked whims that you are using "discreet mode" option might not exist, that is ok).

1 hour ago, LittleRedSonja said:

The log is empty. You have to start the game and go in live mode. Also, it is important that you have some animations installed too, not only wicked whims, or you will not be able to do much. 

If you have the tuning file and the script file of wicked whims in the mods folder, and no more than 1 folder deep, no other conflicting mods installed, a few animations packs installed, and your version of wicked whims is compatible with your version of the game, then perhaps the problem is your ww settings? 

What is exactly what "does not work"? Do you see the "wicked" menu when you click on objects, floor or sims? If you don't make sure "discreet mode" is OFF and "sex switch" is ON in your game settings (depending on the version of wicked whims that you are using "discreet mode" option might not exist, that is ok).

I did go on live mode and I do have animations 

There's no menu when i click on objects and there's no notification that WW is working on the top right corner. I don't know how to access the ww settings since the options do not appear anywhere ingame...

• 2 weeks later...

If you have allowed mods and script mods, you should get a notification when you open the Sims 4 game. This is a white window pop-up, listing all the mods you have installed. If this pop-up window does not appear, you need to go into the settings to allow mods, then restart your game.

If the white window do appear, scroll down to the bottom of the window and check that you find TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Script. If you can't find it, you have not installed WickedWhims correctly. Scrips-mods like Wicked Whims are a bit finnicky about installation, there's a readme that comes with the mod that explains installation in details (a lot of us got it wrong the first time around, myself included).

If you can see the TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Script file at the bottom of the list shown in the white window, you can enter a save file. When you du, you should get a purple pop-up in the upper right corner saying Wicked Whims is installed. You may get an orange window in stead, telling you you have an outdated or wrongly installed mod.

The base game is free these days, no need to use an old pirated version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 7:32 AM, SticksStackStuck said:

If you have allowed mods and script mods, you should get a notification when you open the Sims 4 game. This is a white window pop-up, listing all the mods you have installed. If this pop-up window does not appear, you need to go into the settings to allow mods, then restart your game.

If the white window do appear, scroll down to the bottom of the window and check that you find TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Script. If you can't find it, you have not installed WickedWhims correctly. Scrips-mods like Wicked Whims are a bit finnicky about installation, there's a readme that comes with the mod that explains installation in details (a lot of us got it wrong the first time around, myself included).

If you can see the TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Script file at the bottom of the list shown in the white window, you can enter a save file. When you du, you should get a purple pop-up in the upper right corner saying Wicked Whims is installed. You may get an orange window in stead, telling you you have an outdated or wrongly installed mod.

The base game is free these days, no need to use an old pirated version.

I answered all of this in my very first message :/

On 6/28/2023 at 5:19 AM, 5487452415 said:

Also wicked whims items appear in construction mode, but nothing in live mode... im lost.

An empty log after you were in live mode means that ww is not properly installed, or that there is something preventing the mod to work. When the mod runs it automatically registers data in the log, it is impossible that ww does not register data in the log when running unless like i said, it is not properly installed or there is something else going on preventing it from working.

I understand that you have "custom content" and "script mods" allowed in game settings, right? That is pretty basic but just in case ?

One simple thing you can try for a fast test is move your "wickedwhimsmod" folder somewhere else (it is a folder inside your save folder). That contains settings and profiles. It will force ww to generate a new one with everything going back to default. Start the game, try again and see if that is fixed.

2092088462_Screenshot2023-07-01121433.png.131828a885f76d191d1c6843c2347673.png

If it is not fixed: 

- First of all post a screenshot where we can see how wicked whims is installed, and where your mods folder is installed. 

- Then you have to install MCCC if you do not have it installed already. Start the game. Click on any sim, select the "MC Command" option in the pie menu. Select "sim commands", then "logging commands" then "system info log". That will create a file with data about your game, you will find it inside MCCC mod folder. Attach the file here. Se the pictures bellow for extra clarity. 

192883787_Screenshot2023-07-01120620.png.b491522a9aed7ecb21f58d916ba573c8.png

1562637330_Screenshot2023-07-01120651.png.eddb44994f81b1314fdefa5bae4ba8c5.png554599573_Screenshot2023-07-01120719.png.f14d13c030c1370ec1be566d654ebf43.png

422119236_Screenshot2023-07-01120749.png.eeb1a87f98cb0b4621c8f0fef0120f2b.png1838120530_Screenshot2023-07-01120904.png.067e9ee4fd3a6d4d1ad97cb10247e996.png

• 9 months later...

i downloded whicked whims. it's done correctly. in the game it is under concent mod and scipt mods. when i open my work it pop up in the notification that i have it yet i cant have any fun time (wink wink) yet all the annimations work and i can still see them naked just no sex???