wicked whims unplayable, tuning package causing problems

I don't know why but the most recent wicked whims version is not playable for me, i'm unable to play with more than one sim and if i do the household won't load and simply brings me back to the map screen.

The problem is the ''WickedWhims_Tuning.package'', i've tested a bit and even if i take all of my mods and cc out only leaving the tuning package the problem still exists, so it's probably not a conflict.

I've tried redownloading, always deleted localthumbcache when testing something and repaired my game through the app but nothing seems to work.

help please :)

lastException.txt

I doubt the reason is WW. As Turbodriver stated WW is made to run even with base game to avoid any conflicts with it.

What did you do before updating WW? Did you get any new stuff right beforehand?

Majority of issues people have with WW is user error, when players add stuff that is not made for their game version or so.

The lastException is all about outdated tunable resources (multiplies):

image.png.2c9111d4ace5833691acdd8c3a1e6ace.png

When you click on each box it expands and tells you the issue more and how you can find it:

image.png.107d1d1b1c70c7322264a54159948686.png

Here is the link to LE assistant: https://lastexception.com/

From what I see in the LE game has issues with SimsOMedia_Bossy and simlicioussarah_AstrophileTrait. But I'm not sure if it's all of what is there.

Also did you test in new save? Maybe old one got corrupted.

If you don't care for your sims looks and traits and such (you can redo them later on again) you can remove old Sims 4 folder > open game and let it generate new one > copy saves and tray files in new folder > run the game and 'save as' new save slot.

Then add WW to the mods folder (BOTH script and tuning files) and test again making sure script mods and CC mods are on in settings.

If you will get error in a clean save with just WW added then you can assume it's issue with WW and contact Turbo with the info, as he might need to look at it..

1 hour ago, mcromance said:

I doubt the reason is WW. As Turbodriver stated WW is made to run even with base game to avoid any conflicts with it.

What did you do before updating WW? Did you get any new stuff right beforehand?

Majority of issues people have with WW is user error, when players add stuff that is not made for their game version or so.

The lastException is all about outdated tunable resources (multiplies):

When you click on each box it expands and tells you the issue more and how you can find it:

Here is the link to LE assistant: https://lastexception.com/

From what I see in the LE game has issues with SimsOMedia_Bossy and simlicioussarah_AstrophileTrait. But I'm not sure if it's all of what is there.

Also did you test in new save? Maybe old one got corrupted.

If you don't care for your sims looks and traits and such (you can redo them later on again) you can remove old Sims 4 folder > open game and let it generate new one > copy saves and tray files in new folder > run the game and 'save as' new save slot.

Then add WW to the mods folder (BOTH script and tuning files) and test again making sure script mods and CC mods are on in settings.

If you will get error in a clean save with just WW added then you can assume it's issue with WW and contact Turbo with the info, as he might need to look at it..

I finally managed to get it to work,

I basically just did what you told me to, got rid of the corrupt files, removed sims folder, etc. It was infact not WW and im not really sure what it was, i didnt add my saves back in tho just incase they were corrupted. Added everything else back in and it works fine now, mostly.

Thank you so much :)

1 hour ago, sumiiren said:

I finally managed to get it to work,

I basically just did what you told me to, got rid of the corrupt files, removed sims folder, etc. It was infact not WW and im not really sure what it was, i didnt add my saves back in tho just incase they were corrupted. Added everything else back in and it works fine now, mostly.

Thank you so much :)

You can add back your saves the way I explained. It will kinda 'reset' your save as game will remove or replace missing CC, traits and such, so you can still use it if it's important to you :)

Adjusting your sims will be needed, if you use a lot of CC, but it's better than starting from zero.