"Start an Event" Screen is completely blank

On 5/14/2023 at 5:09 AM, mcromance said:

Well... Remove all mods, clear cache, open game and test again maybe?

Then you will know if it works withouth mods.

If it will work, then you have to do 50/50 method: https://simscommunity.info/2022/09/08/sos-how-to-50-50-your-the-sims-4-mods-folder/#:~:text=The 50%2F50 Method Instructions&text=Divide your mods folder in,of the To Test folder.

Thanks! I did give the cache a try and it didn't fix the issue. I did start 50/50-ing, and I have come to the conclusion that has to be a piece of clothing. I have over 4000 pieces of clothing in one CC folder, so that's going to be a task for another day ?

Just bumping this for anyone interested:

I just 50/50'd my clothing folder, and I actually found the file that was blocking my ability to throw events. 

Idk where it came from, but if you have a "randy_skinny dip.package" in your clothing mods, it might be messing up your game. Once I took it out, my event screen started working again, and I noticed a lot less lag in my game

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 11:03 AM, thatruth25 said:

Just bumping this for anyone interested:

I just 50/50'd my clothing folder, and I actually found the file that was blocking my ability to throw events. 

Idk where it came from, but if you have a "randy_skinny dip.package" in your clothing mods, it might be messing up your game. Once I took it out, my event screen started working again, and I noticed a lot less lag in my game

Thank you so much I was having this issue and could not figure it out. I removed the file and just like you it fixed my event screen.

59 minutes ago, Muzen95 said:

Thank you so much I was having this issue and could not figure it out. I removed the file and just like you it fixed my event screen.

Yes that is a very nasty file, that for some unclear reason is included in a lot of sims from Loverslab, from many different creators. No clear reason because it does not include any piece of CAS custom content, but instead a bunch of tuning files of many kinds, buffs, loots, superinteractions, snippets and what not, that will screw your game in many different ways. It can also cause error 109, errors when traveling with sims, and many many other bugs. 

I really do not understand why it is included in sims since, like I said, it does not contain anything CAS related, but I guess it is for the same reason many other crap files are included in many sims. 

That is a file that you should ALWAYS remove from your mods folder and from any sim you download (so please remember to always check the contents inside anything you download before you put it in your mods folder, you will avoid many problems and save lots of time troubleshooting. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got a mods quarantine folder that I use in conjunction with "Better Exceptions." It's far from perfect, but it's a great starting point. I can't seem to get the Good Times Girls mod to work right, and this helped me narrow it down. This specific issue kept coming up as an MCCC bug, but now I know the real culprit. 

Edited by MissAnastacia
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 3:13 AM, MissAnastacia said:

I've got a mods quarantine folder that I use in conjunction with "Better Exceptions." It's far from perfect, but it's a great starting point. I can't seem to get the Good Times Girls mod to work right, and this helped me narrow it down. This specific issue kept coming up as an MCCC bug, but now I know the real culprit. 

I've been meaning to do the same recently. I have a couple out of date mods that are impacting small things like the BB interface, and some small HUD issues, but I want to start a file for all of the mods I find that break different elements of the game. The skinnydip file is reportedly a phantom file that gets attached to random combined CC packages. I've been using the sims 4 mod manager to unmerge larger cc collections, and it helps a lot when its time to 50/50 for a problem