White Mantle Set Vanilla Male HDT-SMP

White Mantle armor + weapons ported from Guild Wars: Prophecies. Ported for Male Vanilla body shape but be worn by Females with no issues. No plan for female bodyslide for now.

Chest piece has HDT-SMP. Let me know if there are issues.

The Set consists in:

• Headpiece
  • Top (HDT-SMP) (best cape ever btw)
  • Gloves
  • Boots
  • White Mantle Sword (1h sword)
  • White mantle Crude Sword (1h sword)
  • White Mantle Tower Shield

Textures were what they were, i tried my best to augment them. Let me know if something looks weird. SMP should move good, at least on my end.

Install and use AddItemMenu to get the Set ingame. Ebony stats. If problems arise please let me know.

If problems arise please let me know.

Credits: Guild Wars: Prophecies, ArenaNet, NCsoft

4 hours ago, ssskn said:

Nice, been a GW fan/player for a long time.

Port some GW2 outfits if you can, but I think it might be too complicated from what I understand of that .dat file.

I have Joko in very early WIP but I need first to port some commissioned stuff. I want to port Xera clothing one day

1 hour ago, KoboBear said:

Nice work, I'm getting nostalgia for GW1.
May I ask what tool did you use to extract the assets? Thanks!

Thank you :) I used ninja ripper 1.7, i had to put back the model in one piece and in t-pose myself, lots of pain. These weeks a new tool has been released, Guild Wars Map Browser, but you can't export from it yet.

On 5/14/2023 at 3:05 AM, Randall Steele said:

Thank you :) I used ninja ripper 1.7, i had to put back the model in one piece and in t-pose myself, lots of pain. These weeks a new tool has been released, Guild Wars Map Browser, but you can't export from it yet.

Thank you! Does this method also work on GW2?

Very nice. I remember reading long time ago that gw2 dat is a mess. Files are all over the place, hard to find and piece together.

There's that other GW2 armor port, but those are from vanilla GW2 game. The tier 3 human set, they are not bad tbh, I need to convert them to 3ba.

Oh wow, the new tool looks promising.

16 minutes ago, ssskn said:

Very nice. I remember reading long time ago that gw2 dat is a mess. Files are all over the place, hard to find and piece together.

There's that other GW2 armor port, but those are from vanilla GW2 game. The tier 3 human set, they are not bad tbh, I need to convert them to 3ba.

Oh wow, the new tool looks promising.

it's only hard when you need to recreate your character because the meshes are scattered everyehere. The npcs instead have their own mesh file and number. There's a long .txt list containing some npcs and their number.

Oh boy good to know. I'll try to convert some outfits when I get some free time. I've tried blender before to convert, but that was a mess and headache inducing. Hopefully obj import into bodyslide is enough...

So use ninja ripper > gw2dat? Or is there anything better?

6 hours ago, ssskn said:

Oh boy good to know. I'll try to convert some outfits when I get some free time. I've tried blender before to convert, but that was a mess and headache inducing. Hopefully obj import into bodyslide is enough...

So use ninja ripper > gw2dat? Or is there anything better?

Won't be enough, the mesh is in t-pose and you need to make it fit to your target body. In those matters blender is better than outfit studio I'm afraid. 

My rule is: is there a dedicated program for X game that is easy to use and can extract meshes in t-pose? I'll use it. If there is not or is too hard, ninjaripper

Edited by Randall Steele
On 5/22/2023 at 5:56 AM, Randall Steele said:

it's only hard when you need to recreate your character because the meshes are scattered everyehere. The npcs instead have their own mesh file and number. There's a long .txt list containing some npcs and their number.

Is the list complete, or does it only contain parts of meshes/textures?

I tried to port the Apprentice Robe with NinjaRipper, but the texture was getting some noise. I’m still looking for a better method.

image.png.c5a0780a4b90effbce168ca30dc46fa7.pngimage.png.16dc5708ae3cda285ee1577bfaedb56d.pngimage.png.0e1aafc7588915767d1e8dba27e489ae.png

5 hours ago, KoboBear said:

Is the list complete, or does it only contain parts of meshes/textures?

I tried to port the Apprentice Robe with NinjaRipper, but the texture was getting some noise. I’m still looking for a better method.

image.png.c5a0780a4b90effbce168ca30dc46fa7.pngimage.png.16dc5708ae3cda285ee1577bfaedb56d.pngimage.png.0e1aafc7588915767d1e8dba27e489ae.png

oh nice work in the porting! was the mesh in t-pose after the rip?
provided you have the diffuse and normal maps, you need to fiddle in nisfkope with the BSlightingproperties settings to remove some gloss and specular power

the list has models of npcs in armor and all

Edited by Randall Steele
On 5/25/2023 at 6:47 AM, Randall Steele said:

oh nice work in the porting! was the mesh in t-pose after the rip?
provided you have the diffuse and normal maps, you need to fiddle in nisfkope with the BSlightingproperties settings to remove some gloss and specular power

the list has models of npcs in armor and all

I’m not quite sure if it was an A-pose or a T-pose… I did it last year, so I guess this outfit doesn’t cause much trouble even if it’s a T-pose.

I see… I’ll check the gloss and specular.

The texture quality still troubles me, it’s only 512x512, even if I upscaled it with Cupscale, there’s still some noise that can be seen.

May I ask where I could find the list? Thank you!

1 hour ago, KoboBear said:

I’m not quite sure if it was an A-pose or a T-pose… I did it last year, so I guess this outfit doesn’t cause much trouble even if it’s a T-pose.

The texture quality still troubles me, it’s only 512x512, even if I upscaled it with Cupscale, there’s still some noise that can be seen.

as long as is not the captured pose but A or T is fine for me then, i can rip from gw2 too with ninjaripper then ^^
for gw1 and other low res textures i use an AI upscaler, each has some differences. 
gw2brower folder, doc, stuff.

18 hours ago, KoboBear said:

I ripped the Xera white mantle outfit and I had to modify the texture file itself, it had some alpha I had to let it be opaque, maybe the apprentice set is washed out because of that, also I swapped color channels on the Normal map since it was yellow for me. Still need to put it in outfit studio, I'll fit to the body first