FNIS & Mod Organizer

Yangus

Hey there everyone. I've been having trouble getting FNIS and custom animations/skeletons to work with MO.

I've definitely had them working in the past so I'm not quite sure what's wrong here.

I have FNIS installed manually and am running it through MO. Everything appears to be working when using the application but not in game.

Thanks for any help.

Yeah, doing all of that, everything seems like it should be working, but it's not.

Edit: After reinstalling Skyrim and trying again, I'm not crashing anymore but I have a gap in my characters wrists while wearing any clothing that I can't get rid of now.

Which version of MO do you have? I recently tried v0.99.6 I had a lot of problems trying to get SKSE and FNIS to work right. I discovered is has some folder structure errors in it when you try to run external applications.

If you are running 0.99.6  I highly recommend clean installing v0.12.6 instead.  You can keep your profile, overwrite, folders. as well as the category.dat and ModOrganizer.ini files for use after the reinstall. And your downloads and mods directory if that's where you keep them.

i just swicthed to MO 0.99.6, after having used 0.99.1 over a long time (0.99.2 didn't work for me at all).
But after V0.12.6, i always had problems getting FNiS to work, but found the following solution:

• install FNiS direcly into the games directory.
  • Go into the data tab in MO.
  • Navigate to tools\GenerateFNiS_for_Users.
  • Right-click GenerateFNiSforUsers.EXE and select "add as app" (or w/e it's called in the english gui).
  • By this, FNiS is started thru the command prompt, which fixed the inject for me.
  • Disable FNiS in MO, as else FNiS will not be able to generate the animations, as it won't see all mods with FNiS support.

i actually made a new mod out of the generated FNiS files (that will be placed in MOs override dir) for every profile, as this way i can switch between profiles, w/o having to run FNiS everytime. i just need to disable those mods, before i re-run the FNiS genrator and afterwards move the files from the override dir into the mod dir, replacing the existing files. A little bit more work, but works like a charm.

Archived