Any known cases of CBPC turning actors invisible?

I am not posting this in techsupport yet, because i first want to collect more information before writing a proper report. In short, i have NPCs randomly turning invisible during sex. Usually they flicker for a few secs, and then invisible. Can still be interacted with and be selected from the console.

While gathering more info on this, i searched the forum and found this in skyrim LE techsupport:

This immediatelly caught my interest, because even though i'm not even using SMP, i am using CBPC. And i've occassionally noticed weird glitches with it, in the form of bodyparts "flickering" as if physics were going crazy. It's usually either the thighs or breasts. And i noticed those instances increasing when chars turned invisible during sex.

Again, this is not a techsupport thread (yet). I'm just wondering: Is CBPC known for causing issues like this? Because if the answer is yes, i'd search for more info on that.

Not sure if it's the same problem, but there has been a lot of invisible actor stuff going on, related to Faster HDT-SMP (particularly the newer versions, 1.49.0 has fewest issues in this regard for AE) In my experience, it is more of a fade to invis though, not a flashing out.  Kinda random too, as my most recent experience with one of the newer versions was on giving a doll to a kid.  When she reached to play with it, would fade to invis - talk to her and she'd put the doll away and fade in again.  Swap back to older version of FHDT, and no invis.

But if it's sex scene related, I've had that occur with some free camera positions.  If you turn off free cam, and everyone is visible, it could be that.  If so, sometimes pulling the camera out or changing angle can bring everyone back in... There is a (racemenu I think) setting that helps with camera collision invisibility sometimes.  I toggled it when I saw a post on it somewhere recently, but honestly couldn't tell you what it was.  Might be able to search it out from that info though.

Hope that helps

Correction:  The mentioned setting for camera collision fade is in the SSE display tweaks ini.  Specifically DisableActorFade=  in the [Miscellaneous] section at the bottom.  Maybe useful..?

Edited by Bigglsby
Correction and details

CBPC and SMP should both be working fine on "decent hardware"

Note 

There have been recent updates for these in the last month or so.

I mostly use CBPC, and have not seen invisible npc's happen with it.

Its more likely to happen with SMP, however on decent hardware never had it happen.

Mods also likely matter quite a bit since there are some default mods that should be used 

"Power of Three's Tweaks" <---Why because of a whole laundry list of reasons but now its mostly because a lot of PC's can actually push over 60 FPS, without that mod your looking at instability that could lead to invisibility simply because not using a tweak that forces havok to behave properly at above 60 FPS.

Fact invisible jiggly npcs happen when physics havoc engine freaks out.

- I have known this for years and years going all the way back to SkyrimLE.

Required mod basically.

Other than that, its probably bad hardware or outdated mods in use.

Edited by Gameplayer

The mystery seems to have solved itself.

2 weeks ago i was debugging an unrelated problem with racemenu and PNS. While doing so i changed the bipedattach flag in SKEE.INI. Turns out i forgot to change it back to default, after said other issue was resolved. My bad.

Not sure if the previously mentioned occasional physics flicker (more like jitter) had the same cause. It's too rare to be sure yet. Yes i'm running PO3's mods along with displaytweaks. Also in CBPC i have uncoupling from framerate enabled. But i guess Skyrim just isn't meant to run at 75-80 FPS, so the occassional physics glitch can never be entirely prevented, just reduced in frequency. And nope: Hardware got nothing to do with it. Yes, i don't have the fanciest rig, but it's not weak either - solid midrange - and i'm not pushing it. Plenty ressources to spare. Anyways, this is going kinda offtopic. Thanks for the brainstorming everyone.

Edited by libertyordeath

Bigger better RAM.

I actually covered this in my hyperlinked topic in my signature in detail.

32 is a sweet spot for Skyrim and Fallout 4, however more of it or point in fact Bigger RAM Modules would in fact be better.

This is from experience and there are game dev's that moonlight around the modding forums that will tell you the same thing.

DDR3

Get 4x8 for 32 gigs, or 8x8 kit if you actually have that many dimm slots >< (my SR-2 had 12 dimm slots)

DDR4?

Get 4x16 for 64 gigs. IF you have 2 dimm slots get 2x32, but if 4 dimm slots DDR4 functions better if you have 4 dimms.

DDR5?

Get 2x32 for 64 gigs or since at the start of this month the new 2x48 gig kit became available get that for that expensive PC.

DDR5 is better off with only 2 slots filled.

You will not regret having it for modded gaming.

VRAM also matters, however it should be noted that getting a used 1080Ti, 2080Ti, heck go with a RDNA 6700-6900 for 16 or more VRAM used wont cost anymore than getting the RAM will its about the same, even then I would still tell you buy the RAM upgrade first it smooths out everything and makes these games run way better, then put the used card in and its off to wonderland.

From my experience across several computers and upgrades, yes RAM directly impacts jiggle physics.

Edited by Gameplayer