Can someone help me fix my character?

lolicatgirls9

So I just decided to load up one of my save in Oblivion today, and... well, it's hard to describe effectively with words alone:

Oblivion2011-11-2122-58-17-36.jpg

What you see in this picture is a headless figure wearing my character's outfit. It just stands there. I can interact with it, which results it the game saying "__ is unconscious". I tried using the kill command with OBSE, which... killed it. I know it was dead because my partner started raping it, as Lovers Necrophilia was on. So apparently, the thing can be raped. Not sure why, but I feel as if that might be useful information.

Oh, the character on the left is a CM Partner, ignore her.

Oblivion2011-11-2122-58-32-51.jpg

This is a picture of me playing in 3rd-person mode. My character is completely invisible. There is no sound when I walk, unlike usual. It's as if my character isn't even there. But sure enough, there's the headless mannequin over there.

Oblivion2011-11-2122-58-45-46.jpg

This is my character, Lily, whom I absolutely adore. I mean, look at her. Don't you just want to snuggle up with her on that nice sofa and watch Scrubs or something?

*Ahem* Anyway, after trying to import my character's face from another one of her saves to see if that would work, my character was visible in the menu, as you can see. However, she was still invisible in the game, and that strange headless figure wearing her clothes was still standing right there.

This is absolutely beyond me. I've already had one save screw up with Lily, and that was enough. I really, really, really don't want to have to start her over again.

How do I fix this creepy-ass bug?

you sure your armor is not invisibility 120%? (you can see your character on the menu screen as i can see mine with nonowa's amulet 150 chameleon) cm partners... wow that might be troublesome, some of them clone your character when you go sleep (vilja does clone me so everytime i wake up i have to deletefullactorcopy myself)

maybe you have to re-install oblivion (some mods might be conflicting with MBP++, at first i tough you didn't had your race working anymore, happens when i load a save where i forgot to install the race it was again so you become a headless walking armor with default textures and sometimes you are completely invisible since there are no references for the game to work with)

or just re-install MBP++ and 117x races again (then copy an argonoid race file to your character and then the face of your character to the file, that would fix it i believe)

question mark... do you have a LOT of love for whatever your character has equiped or the money you have? because with wryebash you can always "reverse create" your character, go out of the sewer, save a new file, then transfer your high level character on your low level character (import face, mark everything including stats & class), there, you have a level 6 character...starting again, sorry about that, you may lose spells, armor, money, but your stats and skills will be the same as the last time you played with that character, i would lend you my ultimate savegame so you could transfer your starter argonoid in it/or your high level one, it's a cheat'd save, you start with 80 shield 0 weight armor and a helmet that emits light so no more torches, 4 blades and 2 bows, weightless also, firebrand,thunderbrand,icebrand & soul devourer, one of the bows is enchanted with soul steal also, 20 varla stones & skelleton key(the eternal lockpick), i was thinking about adding 1000000 gold to the save, but i was happy just with armor and weapons, i can get money raiding dungeons, caves and forts, i would also recomend you download the IMAS Mask mod for oblivion, it adds a chest to one of the ponds of market district, it is underwater and is full of masks, but the best part are the accesories, nonowa hidden amulet(150% chameleon), nonowa secret chest key (a dimensional pocket chest you can open anywhere and store your stuff there just activating the key-i hotkey'd it, put everything in the dungeon there, including armors and other heavy stuff, then when i'm in front of the shopkeeper i take all out and sell away), and nonowa magical ring(looks worthless but put it on, adds a lot of funny spells, and one special that let's you loot your arena oponents, in the middle of battle, and pretty much anyone, just careful, some get marked as stolen if you get caught casting "Change NPC equipment", that's how i got two yellow raiments(heavy/light), shimmerstrike & the gray aegis & free akaviri katana)

btw, can you tell me how to access control panel? i'm kinda lost on that matter

Actually, the armor is from a mod, so I can just get that back nice and easy.

My real issue is that I don't want to have to lose all the progress I've made. Not progress in leveling and stats; that, like you said, can be imported through Wrye Bash. I mean quest progress. She's in the Thieves Guild.

Then again, it wouldn't be too bad, doing some of those quests over.

To be honest, I actually completely overlooked the ability to import stats through Wrye Bash, probably because I've only imported faces a few times and ignored all the other options. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Oh, and you can access the Control Panel by... what version of Windows do you have (assuming you have Windows)? The easiest thing to do is use the search function if you can't find it.

It does look like a missing race, although you said it isn't. I would recommend the formid finder, but if it behaves like mine did, you would get a CTD as soon as you try it on her (I had a similar problem when I accidentally changed load order and some of my tamago kids could no longer access their race info). They turned into walking armors without heads. Maybe importing the character again may fix your disappearance, but I doubt it. Maybe it's load order (try checking the load order for that save in wrye bash, on the saves tab). The headless clone gives me the feeling that the game was saved at a unfortunate moment, just when a script was doing something, so I'm hoping you keep more than one save. My policy is to use a lot of streamsaves, and never ever overwrite any saves when I make a regular save.

Actually' date=' the armor is from a mod, so I can just get that back nice and easy.

My real issue is that I don't want to have to lose all the progress I've made. Not progress in leveling and stats; that, like you said, can be imported through Wrye Bash. I mean quest progress. She's in the Thieves Guild.

Then again, it wouldn't be too bad, doing some of those quests over.

To be honest, I actually completely overlooked the ability to import stats through Wrye Bash, probably because I've only imported faces a few times and ignored all the other options. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Oh, and you can access the Control Panel by... what version of Windows do you have (assuming you have Windows)? The easiest thing to do is use the search function if you can't find it.

[/quote']

umm, i was talking about the control panel of the forum, it's kinda hidden, or do i have to be vip to access it?

btw, this is how i roll normally

[spoiler=not mains, just random creations]Oblivion93b.png

mess with the wood and face a very big and bad wolf (i based this char on a friend, her name is scarlett but we call her red hood, red for short)

Oblivion88-1.png

by the way, isn't it dissapointing when you make a character like this and she sounds like she is 80? she is a wood elf with no more mods than hair, eyes and bbb dmra skimpy armor

Archived