Blackthorn Alternate Start

1925062115_BlackthornAlternateStartOverview.thumb.jpg.034b44272ef1fc7b9bd0016856632799.jpg

Blackthorn features a robust system of passive income from the township and a fantastic player home you can create.

With over 400+ building items, this mod is not just an alternate start but a whole new reason for a new additional playthrough, all in the same place.

To begin the Dragonborn questline, talk with Jarl Balgruuf the Greater in Dragonsreach in Whiterun.

The house is also Multiple Adoptions meaning you can have six children in the place with TMPhoenix's " Hearthfire multiple adoptions" if you are so inclined.

1381804654_Screenshot2023-04-28132235.png.d62e2443c3fd22c8aa2dc1547dc76cd7.png

All support for this mod including bug fixes reports and feedback is handled in my Discord Server in the Bug fixing channel for Skyrim community.

Support us on Patron Or our Ko-fi

Please support following modders for there creations to make this mod.

blackthorn creator Ld50365

Scripting inspiration from TwinCrows

Lolicept Resources by LOLICEPT

Modders Resource-Weapon Racks-Bookshelves-Plaques-Mannequins by Eldiabs

Modular Crafting Table by Tueffel

OpenBooks Resource by Blary

Ingredients Wall Art Resource by Blary

Alchemy Clutter Resource by Blary

Insanity's Wall Charts 1.0 by InsanitySorrow

Insanity's Bath Towels 1.0 by InsanitySorrow 

Insanity's Washing Stuffs 1.0 by InsanitySorrow 

Soap Resource 1.0 by InsanitySorrow 

by Berts Bits And Bobs Resources For Modders by berticus0001

Additional Windmill Meshes - Resource by Phil by PhilSchmidheiny 

Modder's Resource Pack by Oaristys and Tony67

Resources for modders by Runspect 

Modders Resource by TRUEDRAGONBORN

Building kits and Other Items by Jet4571

If there is any modder I missed or any other issue relating to the content creators
please message me from discord at King667
#2621 and I will add you to the list.

349956809_Screenshot2023-04-28133601.png.3da47392bfa58d0b0f6189263fa789af.png

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/28/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn DLCS
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

8 hours ago, BillBellochek said:

I'm confused. Is this the Blackthorn mod, like from Nexus, or just an alternate start option where you begin at Blackthorn?

To begin the Dragonborn questline, talk with Jarl Balgruuf the Greater in Dragonsreach in Whiterun. I dont now to be the Full Settkement or the 1 big House .

16 hours ago, king667 said:

this mod is not just an alternate start but a whole new reason for a new additional playthrough

Hey! It is possibe be more specific about what to expect, please? Because the spread of expectations from the research of the neural connections of the female skeever to the cultivation of a hybrid of carrot and lemon in the Aetherius.

Edited by Alis_999

Some more info would be nice, like do you start with the town pre-built? Do you start in the house? Will you have to build the town if you use another start option? Blackthorn is a quite popular mod, so many of us need to know what this does different before changing.

So to answer some questions. I started a new game (I disabled Live Another Life for this to see what happens). You start in the default Traders house bedroom wich is its own cell in this version. You get the character creation stuff much like other alternate start mods. Upon exiting the bedroom you enter the shop area. The two NPC's here are now labeled Mother and Father. Rest is as the original mod. Nothing is pre-built. I suppose if there is no huge conflict you could use another start and just travel there but I did not test that. Basicly this is a standalone alternate start with you being being the offspring of Grace and Winston(?)... And for some reason you are now tasked with funding the refurbishing of Blackthorn. Its a bit wierd but meh.... Why get children if not to set them to work rebuilding your town :P

2 hours ago, Evallyn said:

So to answer some questions. I started a new game (I disabled Live Another Life for this to see what happens). You start in the default Traders house bedroom wich is its own cell in this version. You get the character creation stuff much like other alternate start mods. Upon exiting the bedroom you enter the shop area. The two NPC's here are now labeled Mother and Father. Rest is as the original mod. Nothing is pre-built. I suppose if there is no huge conflict you could use another start and just travel there but I did not test that. Basicly this is a standalone alternate start with you being being the offspring of Grace and Winston(?)... And for some reason you are now tasked with funding the refurbishing of Blackthorn. Its a bit wierd but meh.... Why get children if not to set them to work rebuilding your town :P

So it is not a new choice in Alternate start - Live another life?

It would have been good if it had been explained in description that it is not a new choice for Alternate Start, and that we need to disable Alternate Start to get the new start in this mod. The name Blackthorn Alternate Start kind of implicated that it was an addon for Alternate Start

Would have been nice if it could be changed to use Alternate Start - Live another life, so that the new start is optional.

If the rest is like the original mod I assume that the patch for Northern Roads should work, guess I will have to try it out later on.

Phhhuuu, ok, i deaktivated the Alternate Start Mod , start a New Game , CTD , ok , new Start , Menu comes , start a New Game , aaaand , Loadscreen ,Game hangs , Musik is ok, ?. Taskmanager helps . 3 x tested.   Deinstald . I have a heavy moded Game (700) with Nexus.  Thats to risky !

23 hours ago, siqueiradaniel said:

EDIT: nvm when i got back to the town some days later it fixed itself

The well has some problems when you get close to it it blinks into non existence 

That happens in the original Blackthorn mod if you haven't built the in or the trader booths.