Idea for a new power: push NPCs without making them angry (unless you do it enough)

ronttu

After trying to stare down Lydia so she'd back out of a doorway and let me pass for who knows how many times, only having to give up and tell her to move with the somewhat clumsy mechanic, a thought occurred to me:

A bindable power (with animation too, eventually) that when used, lets you shove nearest NPC(s) out of your way. Kind of like in Assassins Creed (and I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this). And to make this something other than just me telling Lydia to get the fuck off my face, this could also work on enemies, so you could sprint through a group, although it should also have a chance to fail, leaving you stamina-less in the middle of hostile people. Oops.

Pushing some people like guards around should have its consequences, obviously, and if you were to shove someone around enough, they might decide they're not going to take it anymore. Whether that'd be a crime for them or for you, then, would depend on if anyone saw you provoking them.

Anyway, that's just a thought.. Unless Beth fixes followers, I'm sure someone is going to make some kind of mod to let us kick them out of the way easier than now when the CS gets out.

This is a good idea for a mod. +1 from me.

If you want to get NPCs out of your way without going aggro, you can use the Clear Skies shout. It'll get them to stagger back.

There are ways to get her to move in console, actually.

First you can select her ID in console. When she's selected, you can move her over somewhere else (like, an arrow on the floor) with moveto itemID.

The second way is a lot more hilarious, and closer to what you're thinking of.

player.pushactoraway NPCid #, "#" being how far away you want them to fly off. I'd start with 5. Also, be careful to take note of the NPC's refid in case you toss them a wee bit too far.. NPC's would either disappear or reappear a few days later with some hilarious side effects. (which in that case, resurrect 1 in console will set them back to their normal life. xD)

you can actually make any npc move by simply walking into them.

i find that it takes forever for them to grasp the fact -walking into them = move it dammit!-

so i usually just dragon shout their ass out of the way. so they take a little damage and it may alert enemies nearby, but hell, it sure makes me feel better.

you can actually make any npc move by simply walking into them.

i find that it takes forever for them to grasp the fact -walking into them = move it dammit!-

so i usually just dragon shout their ass out of the way. so they take a little damage and it may alert enemies nearby' date=' but hell, it sure makes me feel better.

[/quote']

I found that if you sprint into them, they move first time, every time, but only about 1 foot, and they get pissed off with you.

Archived