Help Please, issue with Face Warpaint

Grandrobon

Hello all,

Somehow in my earlier just see what happens days I must have added something that gave some NPC a weird face paint that covers the top half of the face. Just a few ladies around Skyrim seem to be affected. Does anyone by chance know what mod could have done this? Or what files can I delete/overwrite to fix this without having to install everything again. 

Thank you for any suggestions

post-57818-0-02459000-1378510153_thumb.jpg

not without seeing your load order we can't.

Here is the current one, although this could have been a manual add to the data folder. Too long ago. Which files in  the texture or meshes folder would be the ones that are for the war paint? I will see if I can find them in the rars to trace back.

00 Skyrim.esm

01 Update.esm

02 Dawnguard.esm

03 HearthFires.esm

04 Dragonborn.esm

05 ApachiiHair.esm

06 RaceCompatibility.esm

07 BBLuxurySuite.esm

08 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

09 monli.esm

0A SexLab.esm [Version 1.15b]

0B Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm

0C ZaZAnimationPack.esm

0D HighResTexturePack01.esp

0E HighResTexturePack02.esp

0F HighResTexturePack03.esp

10 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 1.3.3b]

11 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 1.2.3]

12 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 1.1.2]

13 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 1.0.4]

14 00SexyHouseVendors.esp

15 aDragonRide.esp

16 sextoys-calyps-2.esp

17 WetandCold.esp

18 SkyUI.esp

19 Angelic_Demonic.esp

1A Darklilith.esp

1B Gatti14Yumiko.esp

1C Lacey Clover.esp

1D R18Pn - Astaroth Suit.esp

1E Remodeled Armor.esp

1F StrapOnbyaeonv1.1.esp

20 SuccubusCBBE3GiftByNausicaa.esp

21 BBLuxurySuiteExt.esp

22 BBLSapachii.esp

23 BBLSHousecarlsmovein.esp

24 BBLSspouse.esp

25 BBLSVisitors.esp

26 BBLSmusic.esp

27 voidLetsGetNaked.esp

28 Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

29 SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp

2A SkyFalls Plus SkyMills - All DLC.esp

2B ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

2C ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp

2D ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp

2E ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-3.esp

2F ASX_Spells.esp

30 FNISspells.esp

31 SummonSuccubus.esp

32 EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp

33 EMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.esp

34 UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp

35 UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp

36 UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp

37 UFO - AllwaysDrawWeapons.esp

38 ApachiiHairStyles.esp

39 ApachiiHairStylesELVES.esp

3A AshenFollowers.esp

3B Companion_Ria.esp

3C FollowerWander2.esp

3D LylvieveSisters.esp

3E Clean Invisibility Effects plus Eyes Fix.esp

3F WATER.esp

40 WATER DB Waves.esp

41 SexLab SexChat.esp

42 SexLabMatchMaker.esp [Version 4]

43 AdaliaFollower.esp

44 MODLusia.esp

45 DudestiaOutfitChanger.esp

46 Orc&ElfFix4TBBP.esp

47 SexLab Romance.esp

48 Skyrim_Strap_Ons.esp

49 ZaZAnimationPackConfig.esp

4A LadySaph.esp

4B MF_RadiantProstitution.esp

4C SBF All In One + DLC v1.7.esp

4D CerwidenCompanion.esp

:exclamation: This is the "coloured forehead bug", one of several bugs caused by the CK not handling modded tintmasks (ie: makeup) well.

What you are seeing is the CK mangling an eyeshadow tint (yes, really). :huh:

Here is how to avoid it:

- Before you load the CK, go to ...\Skyrim\Data\Textures\actors\character\character assets and *TEMPORARILY* remove the "tintmasks" folder (copy it to the desktop as a backup while you work, just in case!). The CK does not handle all modded tintmasks (ie: makeup, warpaint, etc.) very well. Temporarily removing this folder will avoid a number of CK-related texture bugs like strangely-coloured or stripey foreheads, sqiggly coloured lines around the temples, etc.

- Make your NPC mod from scratch again (yes really. Sorry. You know how to do it now - it's a quick 10min. job. This will avoid baking any problems into your mod, and keeps everything nice & clean), CTRL+F4 to export the facegen, etc. Save. Close the CK.

- When you're done, put the "tintmasks" folder BACK where you found it!!!!!

- Open your game up & check your NPC. :)

You do not need to monkey around with interpolation sliders, etc. Follow the above work-around, and it's a guaranteed win! I do it every time I open the CK, and it works perfectly! ^_^

Hi,

Thanks for the help and suggestions people.

Uhm, I am not a mod maker but just a humble user, I have never touched the CK apart from saving my characters face gen to import it to an earlier clean save. But I usually get along fine once shown a path or tutorial. Hence why I asked if people on the off chance know which Mod might have caused this and what I would have to remove from the Data folder.

If I remove the offending files, it should go back to some sort of vanilla state on the fucked up NPCs I would have thought?. I did remove the Tint masks folder to the desktop and started the game without it but say Sigrid in Riverwood still has that slapped on paint all over the top half. This must have been some stuff I chucked carelessly into the Data folder before I started using wrye to fix potential stupidity on my side. We all got to start using these tools somewhere. So must have been some Make up stuff I guess. 

So what would be the way. Edit all of he vanilla NPCs I find along the way via the CK to reset their data? Or are there some files I can remove manually to resolve the issue? 

A complete re-install of all mods would fix it too I guess but I am lazy and looking for the quick fix.

Problem solved. This was caused in my case at least by 

38 ApachiiHairStyles.esp
39 ApachiiHairStylesELVES.esp

Found threads on the Nexus with the issues I described. Deleting the texture part of Face tint added by this mod (skyrim.esm is the folder name) has solved the colour bug, the ladies affected have their faces back. Walked around some cities and all seems well.

Archived