Lupine Compatibility Patch

Lupine Compatibility Patch

View File

Just a simple patch to allow the Lupine Race Replacer to play a bit more nicely with various other mods.  In most cases, it simply changes the race of added NPCs, but in some cases, the mod actually checks for race and without a patch it will not recognize the Lupine Race.

I am open to suggestions for new mods to add to the patch (in fact, I encourage requests) provided the mod can be found either here on LL or on the Nexus.  If you use a mod that adds an NPC that stays annoyingly Human, even if it's just one NPC, let me know.  If it doesn't add NPC's, but it makes race checks (such as Human Resources) and breaks, I'll see what I can do.

Currently patches:

Human Resources

Commonwealth Captives

Devious Devices

Permissions: None required.

Im not treating this mod as if it is my property.  If you want to make changes and upload it, that's on you.  If it appears I'm a little too inactive for your taste and want to take over, be my guest. (Although a quick message sent to my inbox wouldn't hurt)

Edited by Valykry

So basically, you're suggesting a "Modded Race Compatibility Patch", rather than just lupine.

Not a bad idea, one I've thought about in fact.

As of right now, I'm pretty new to modding, so this patch is practice for me.  This is something I will look into, since apparently the desire is there (else someone wouldn't have asked).  I have a few ideas as to how to make this possible, but I can't begin to estimate when it could be a reality.

Is there only one Lupine preset for Commonwealth Captives for now? Also what version of CC is this mod based?

I'm asking bc there already was lupine patch for CC 0.97 which had few presets but all of them used basically the same hair and I'm not sure now which one to use now since this one also seems to use only one type of hair and only one preset xD

On 4/29/2023 at 7:18 PM, Lapsio said:

Is there only one Lupine preset for Commonwealth Captives for now? Also what version of CC is this mod based?

I'm asking bc there already was lupine patch for CC 0.97 which had few presets but all of them used basically the same hair and I'm not sure now which one to use now since this one also seems to use only one type of hair and only one preset xD

As of right now, yes, the current CC patch uses the one preset.  (More accurately, there are dozens of presets, all identical)

And as far as I know, it's for the latest version (provided there hasn't been an update in the last month.  Still, given what this does, it SHOULD be compatible even if there has been an update)

I'll soon be going through one by one adding a bit more variety.

[Edit] As this is a concern I already had, and the fix is simple (although tedious) I'm going to go ahead and throw some presets together.  Expect an update in as early as a few hours, or as late as a day 

That being said, if you haven't already discovered this, each patch installs separately, so you can still download this patch for the other mods it patches, and simply leave Commonwealth Captives unchecked, and use the other patch you mention.

As of uploading this, I was unaware of another patch that does the same thing.  Still, perhaps I'll take this further.

[Update] I've cobbled together a range of presets for the females.  I'll do the same for males soon, then spend a little more time tweaking them later (as opposed to randomly selecting traits).

Edited by Valykry
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2023 at 2:39 AM, Hervuni said:

Is there a  version that does not require the DLC's? I haven't gotten them yet and want to decide wether or not I should get it later on rather than just for some mods, you know?

This patch SHOULDN'T in and of itself require any DLC.  As for the Lupine mods themselves, I have nothing to do with them.

Perhaps some of the mods this is meant to work with require DLC as well, and if so, I have no control over that either.

Edited by Valykry