Going Between Vanilla and WW Saves / Making WW More Family Friendly

So, i got kids in the house, and me and gf both like playing WW but also like sharing the game with the kids. Im just wondering if anyone has tips to go between a vanilla save and a WW save? 

Mind you, im fairly new to WW and sims modding in general. So with that being said, i have a hard save of the game before i installed any mods and i have it in a separate folder and on a hard drive, i put a bit of work into a couple houses i dont want to lose by messing around lol. But yeah, all that in mind what is the easiest way you guys find to go between a vanilla save and a WW save without losing progress or data on either?

Also up for ideas to try to just make WW more PG, i tried the streamer censor mod, and it still had bugs. My female sim is still nude in the bottom left of the screen, should i make a separate thread and just try to adjust this issue? 

All advise is apricated in advance, thanks!

9 minutes ago, ThrobbingSim said:

So, i got kids in the house, and me and gf both like playing WW but also like sharing the game with the kids. Im just wondering if anyone has tips to go between a vanilla save and a WW save? 

Mind you, im fairly new to WW and sims modding in general. So with that being said, i have a hard save of the game before i installed any mods and i have it in a separate folder and on a hard drive, i put a bit of work into a couple houses i dont want to lose by messing around lol. But yeah, all that in mind what is the easiest way you guys find to go between a vanilla save and a WW save without losing progress or data on either?

Also up for ideas to try to just make WW more PG, i tried the streamer censor mod, and it still had bugs. My female sim is still nude in the bottom left of the screen, should i make a separate thread and just try to adjust this issue? 

All advise is apricated in advance, thanks!

It depends on how many more mods you have and how much space you have in your hard drive. 

One solution is to move somewhere else (for example a backup folder) the wicked whims folder (where the mod is installed). Then you play your "no wicked whims" save. When you want to play with your wicked whims save you simply put that back and that is it. 

Another solution is simply to have 2 mods folder, one called "mods" and the other something else, for example "mods2". You have 2 copies of your mods, and wicked whims and other "adult mods" only in one of the folders. When you switch between "adult" and "family friendly" you rename the folder, and that is it. This system is better if you use other mods that you do not want to share with the kids, so you avoid moving many files in and out all the time. The other system is the easiest if it is just wicked whims. 

Keep in mind no matter the system you use that you cannot play like this in the same save file. You need one save file for wicked whims, and a different save for "no wicked whims". 

2 minutes ago, LittleRedSonja said:

It depends on how many more mods you have and how much space you have in your hard drive. 

One solution is to move somewhere else (for example a backup folder) the wicked whims folder (where the mod is installed). Then you play your "no wicked whims" save. When you want to play with your wicked whims save you simply put that back and that is it. 

Another solution is simply to have 2 mods folder, one called "mods" and the other something else, for example "mods2". You have 2 copies of your mods, and wicked whims and other "adult mods" only in one of the folders. When you switch between "adult" and "family friendly" you rename the folder, and that is it. This system is better if you use other mods that you do not want to share with the kids, so you avoid moving many files in and out all the time. The other system is the easiest if it is just wicked whims. 

Keep in mind no matter the system you use that you cannot play like this in the same save file. You need one save file for wicked whims, and a different save for "no wicked whims". 

I have a LOT of other mods installed so removing just whims isnt an option, i was thinking that myself, i will lose progress in all the added adult only content if i switch over to a vanilla file incorrectly

4 minutes ago, ThrobbingSim said:

I have a LOT of other mods installed so removing just whims isnt an option, i was thinking that myself, i will lose progress in all the added adult only content if i switch over to a vanilla file incorrectly

In that case and if you feel confident tweaking the settings and creating 2 different protocols with different settings that could also be an option. You keep one protocol with your usual settings, you create a new one where you turn off sex switch both in master settings and in sex settings preferences, you turn on "discreet mode", you turn all the settings for autonomy off, you turn off all the "random nudity", and a few more settings, and you can almost convert wicked whims into wonderful whims. Then you switch between both protocols depending on who is going to play. That way you do not need to worry about loosing progress if you save in the wrong save file by mistake, everything is still in place but you do not see adult stuff. 

• 2 months later...