having trouble getting animations to play on my mac with latest wicked whims update

10 minutes ago, dorisswendys said:

the options for each animation i have are available to click / use but the actual animations / actions aren’t playing out when selected; my sims just stand merged together or teleport to next area. I'm not tech savvy vy, please help!

It can be because broken or outdated custom content objects, or because outdated / incompatible mods installed. There are other possible reason but those 2 are the most usual. 

The first thing you should do is be sure that all your mods are updated AND compatible with your version of the game, AND that wicked whims is compatible with your game version. If all that looks good we go to next step:

Most of the time that happens you should be getting error files called "lastexception". It is text file that contains information about the error. Upload here the most recent one (click on "choose files" and select an error file, do not copy-paste the text please). You should also have another file called "wickedwhimsinfolog.log" inside your sims 4 folder. Wicked whims create that file with data when you enter game in live mode, so if the file is not there simply start the game, enter live mode, play for a copuple of minutes and the file should be generated. Upload that file here too. 

That way we can take a look and see if there is something wrong. 

1 hour ago, Warta155 said:

I have the same problem on my windows laptop. I deleted all my mods except for the latest WW but it still won't work. Everything is there but when the animations are supposed to play the sim just stands there. I've never had this happen before. If you could help me out as well I would really appreciate it!!

WickedWhims_v175d_Exception.txt 3.14 kB · 1 download WickedWhimsInfoLog.log 1.65 MB · 1 download

Wicked whims does not have access to settings files needed to run properly. That can happen for example if you have sims or mods installed in cloud storage (one drive for example) or are using symbolic link or similar, sometimes external drives can cause issues too, or if you have restricted permissions to read or write in that folder in your laptop. Try reinstalling sims 4 and/or your mods in a different drive and make sure other programs can access the file properly. 

The logs also show that you should have a couple of sims 4 lastexceptions (those are called "lastexceptions" and should be in sims 4 folder. If you got them upload them here and we will get more information if reinstalling sims 4 somewhere else or fixing permissions does not solve the issue, because the same kind of error can happen because of a couple more problems, but the ones i name before are the ones that make more sense in this situation. 

On 4/9/2023 at 4:44 PM, LittleRedSonja said:

It can be because broken or outdated custom content objects, or because outdated / incompatible mods installed. There are other possible reason but those 2 are the most usual. 

The first thing you should do is be sure that all your mods are updated AND compatible with your version of the game, AND that wicked whims is compatible with your game version. If all that looks good we go to next step:

Most of the time that happens you should be getting error files called "lastexception". It is text file that contains information about the error. Upload here the most recent one (click on "choose files" and select an error file, do not copy-paste the text please). You should also have another file called "wickedwhimsinfolog.log" inside your sims 4 folder. Wicked whims create that file with data when you enter game in live mode, so if the file is not there simply start the game, enter live mode, play for a copuple of minutes and the file should be generated. Upload that file here too. 

That way we can take a look and see if there is something wrong. 

This might be because I'm a new user or I'm unfamiliar with this, but I don't see an option to upload the files you are talking about into this forum? I have them located in my computer but there is no option for me to choose file / upload into the quoted post

12 hours ago, dorisswendys said:

This might be because I'm a new user or I'm unfamiliar with this, but I don't see an option to upload the files you are talking about into this forum? I have them located in my computer but there is no option for me to choose file / upload into the quoted post

Don't worry it is easy to miss it. Look at the bottom of the "reply" window, i attach a picture of this reply and mark the "button" to attach a file: 

1747944795_Screenshot2023-04-11163817.png.3167f8dbb6ecc0fd787ddd008e9a0c02.png

2 hours ago, dorisswendys said:

Possible Duplicated Mod Files (36): CASTERU Round Glasses C.package, CeeP_DistressedDenim_M.package, CeeP_FadedCurls_M.package, CeeP_Graphics_U.package, CeeP_HighRise_Slacks_M.package, CeeP_LinedUp_Curls.package, CeeP_LinedUp_Puff.package, CeeP_LooseLocs_U.package, CeeP_MomFitDenim_M.package, CeeP_NoseHoop_L.package, CeeP_StraightLeg_Denim_Belt_M.package, CeeP_StraightLeg_Denim_NoBelt_M.package, CeeP_TankTiedShirt_M.package, CeeP_TuckedShirt_M.package, CeeP_TuckedTee_M.package, CeeP_VintageTee_M.package, MSQSIMS_Ying_Eyeliner.package, SimiracleSneakerTimeToddlers.package, [CeeP]CutOutSweater_M.package, [CeeP]HighRise_Cords_M.package, [CeeP]HighRise_Pants_wBelt_M.package, [CeeP]LongFitTee_V1_M.package, [CeeP]LongFitTee_V2_M.package, [CeeP]Oversized_Shirt_M.package, [arethabee] asa bottom.package, [arethabee] candy top.package, [arethabee] shelley hair v2.package, [arethabee] shelley hair.package, [arethabee] teddie jeans.package, [boonstow] vintage sweatshirt.package, [peachibloom]bobbi.child.package, [peachibloom]bobbi.toddler.package, [peachibloom]chunli.child.package, [peachibloom]chunli.toddler.package, casteru_yuGlasses_Eunwoo Round Glasses.package, myshunosun-2023-lullaby-nursery-dresser-no-changing-mat.package

Right there are 36 duplicates to start with deleting. Make sure to delete the localthumbcache.package each time you make a change in your Mods folder.

?

3 hours ago, GreyMouse said:

Possible Duplicated Mod Files (36): CASTERU Round Glasses C.package, CeeP_DistressedDenim_M.package, CeeP_FadedCurls_M.package, CeeP_Graphics_U.package, CeeP_HighRise_Slacks_M.package, CeeP_LinedUp_Curls.package, CeeP_LinedUp_Puff.package, CeeP_LooseLocs_U.package, CeeP_MomFitDenim_M.package, CeeP_NoseHoop_L.package, CeeP_StraightLeg_Denim_Belt_M.package, CeeP_StraightLeg_Denim_NoBelt_M.package, CeeP_TankTiedShirt_M.package, CeeP_TuckedShirt_M.package, CeeP_TuckedTee_M.package, CeeP_VintageTee_M.package, MSQSIMS_Ying_Eyeliner.package, SimiracleSneakerTimeToddlers.package, [CeeP]CutOutSweater_M.package, [CeeP]HighRise_Cords_M.package, [CeeP]HighRise_Pants_wBelt_M.package, [CeeP]LongFitTee_V1_M.package, [CeeP]LongFitTee_V2_M.package, [CeeP]Oversized_Shirt_M.package, [arethabee] asa bottom.package, [arethabee] candy top.package, [arethabee] shelley hair v2.package, [arethabee] shelley hair.package, [arethabee] teddie jeans.package, [boonstow] vintage sweatshirt.package, [peachibloom]bobbi.child.package, [peachibloom]bobbi.toddler.package, [peachibloom]chunli.child.package, [peachibloom]chunli.toddler.package, casteru_yuGlasses_Eunwoo Round Glasses.package, myshunosun-2023-lullaby-nursery-dresser-no-changing-mat.package

Right there are 36 duplicates to start with deleting. Make sure to delete the localthumbcache.package each time you make a change in your Mods folder.

?

Thanks for letting me know this, do I need to do anything else after I have completed this step?

20 hours ago, dorisswendys said:

Thanks for letting me know this, do I need to do anything else after I have completed this step?

Once you delete your duplicates and delete the localthumbcache.package file, check your game again for your error. Always remember to delete the localthumbcache file every time that you make a change. Once you've done this, you can start to see if this has helped to take care of your problem or if there is still another problem. I play on a Mac but it just means that some things are only just a little different, but not really. We'll figure it out.

?

2 hours ago, GreyMouse said:

Once you delete your duplicates and delete the localthumbcache.package file, check your game again for your error. Always remember to delete the localthumbcache file every time that you make a change. Once you've done this, you can start to see if this has helped to take care of your problem or if there is still another problem. I play on a Mac but it just means that some things are only just a little different, but not really. We'll figure it out.

?

Unfortunately my issue is still persisting, how should I proceed?

18 hours ago, dorisswendys said:

Unfortunately my issue is still persisting, how should I proceed?

Ok. Now I think I found your problem. Why do you have Wicked Whims and Wonderful Whims? Wonderful Whims will give you everything but the ability to run sex animations. Find it remove that, delete localthumbcache. Go in and try running your animations again. Something to keep in mind is to NOT save when you go into your game and check on something after you make a change, this way if something doesn't work out, you don't mess up your save. Or just create a save that you don't really play other than to test things out it. But I think this will fix your problem. If not we'll keep going.

?

2 hours ago, GreyMouse said:

Ok. Now I think I found your problem. Why do you have Wicked Whims and Wonderful Whims? Wonderful Whims will give you everything but the ability to run sex animations. Find it remove that, delete localthumbcache. Go in and try running your animations again. Something to keep in mind is to NOT save when you go into your game and check on something after you make a change, this way if something doesn't work out, you don't mess up your save. Or just create a save that you don't really play other than to test things out it. But I think this will fix your problem. If not we'll keep going.

?

omg i completely forgot wonderfulwhims was there! I deleted it and everything works fine now, thank you so much for the help!

59 minutes ago, dorisswendys said:

omg i completely forgot wonderfulwhims was there! I deleted it and everything works fine now, thank you so much for the help!

No problem. I didn't look through your installed CC/Mods initially, just the duplicates. That's frequently the problem along with incompatible versions but I was looking through since you said you were still having problems and that's when I caught that you had both. Enjoy.

?

On 4/9/2023 at 10:28 PM, dorisswendys said:

the options for each animation i have are available to click / use but the actual animations / actions aren’t playing out when selected; my sims just stand merged together or teleport to next area. I'm not tech savvy vy, please help!

you only need the latest version of the game